Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Make Terrible Mistake By Firing Tom Sterner ... no one cares about Bayno.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Hansbrough is ever the most effective player for a team then that team has no shot at winning. I know all the Raps played poorly but not sure how you can praise Tyler. Other than to say that, unlike the other Raps, he didn't play below his ability. Which is something I guess.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      If Hansbrough is ever the most effective player for a team then that team has no shot at winning.
      Wrong. He had a top-seven net rating in the NBA through most of the season, and it was highest during the early season, when the team was winning. Hansbrough had by far the best net rating on the team, and that continued through the first three games of the playoffs. He also had far and away the best +- for 36 minutes during the regular season. So that merely continued into the playoffs. It was not his fault that the rest of the team played like they were wearing hobnail boots.

The previous season, that was not true at all, and Hansbrough had the worst net rating and the worst +- on the team. The main reason for the change is because he had good teammates around him: Lou Williams, James Johnson, Patrick Patterson, Greivis Vasquez--that together were almost as good as the starters. The coach stopped playing them together when DeRozan got injured, for reasons best known to himself. Hansbrough's overall game improved, as well, although his rebounding was down a bit from 2012-13.

So yeah, he can be a very effective bench player on a winning team, more so if he plays at power forward, not centre.

Comment

If Hansbrough is ever the most effective player for a team then that team has no shot at winning. I know all the Raps played poorly but not sure how you can praise Tyler. Other than to say that, unlike the other Raps, he didn't play below his ability. Which is something I guess.
        Tyler was the only one giving something called Effort. unlike the other lazy oafs who looked like a mix of Eddy Curry and Bargnani out there.

Comment

• Ok, instead of staying "most effective player", I should have said "only effective player". I know the Raps bench was top 5 all year and he was a part of that. But put him in the starting 5 where the other 4 players are barely doing anything, and all his effort will barely move the needle. I think it was more a criticism of the other players than of Tyler. He plays hard all the time but (and because) he can't do much else.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Ok, instead of staying "most effective player", I should have said "only effective player". I know the Raps bench was top 5 all year and he was a part of that. But put him in the starting 5 where the other 4 players are barely doing anything, and all his effort will barely move the needle. I think it was more a criticism of the other players than of Tyler. He plays hard all the time but (and because) he can't do much else.
            In college Tyler was as big & strong as most centers & bigger & stronger than most 4s. Add his tenacity & hustle -he dominated.
            In NBA some SF are 6'9" or more & he has no size advantage in the paint (where his strength is inside 8-10'). Nene is bigger & stronger. The result was predictable.
            Clearly TH strength is second unit. Our problem is 3 backups at 4 and no starters (no offence to Amir, his body simply does not match his heart any more).

Comment

• Has anyone heard of any possible replacements that the Raptors are looking into?

Comment

• best teams at developing players..

http://harvardsportsanalysis.org/201...oping-players/

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  best teams at developing players..

Dude, come on. All NBA executives, general managers, head coaches and assistant coaches are equally talented. None of them are better at their jobs than any other ones. They're all basketball geniuses - because, after all, they do this for a living, therefore they MUST be basketball geniuses. End of conversation. There's no point arguing about which ones are doing a better job than other ones, because all that matters are the players themselves. A stiff is a stiff is a stiff. Players come into the league fully formed, and no one franchise is better at developing them. If you believe anything else to be the case, I have some interesting chemtrail videos for you to watch.

How do you do the pink font again?
                  Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue May 26, 2015, 12:48 PM.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Dude, come one. All NBA executives, general managers, head coaches and assistant coaches are equally talented. None of them are better at their jobs than any other ones. They're all basketball geniuses - because, after all, they do this for a living, therefore they MUST be basketball geniuses. End of conversation. There's no point arguing about which ones are doing a better job than other ones, because all that matters are the players themselves. A stiff is a stiff is a stiff. Players come into the league fully formed, and no one franchise is better at developing them. If you believe anything else to be the case, I have some interesting chemtrail videos for you to watch.

How do you do the pink font again?
                    what the fuck is the pink font around here? am I missing something?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      what the fuck is the pink font around here? am I missing something?
                      Pink Font is used to be sarcastic, rocwell.

Unless you are like me and decide to use teal font....
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Or now that Zainab is on hiatus (the only person here incapable of interpreting sarcasm), we just go back to assuming people unerstand the nuances of a good sarcastic jab.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Or now that Zainab is on hiatus (the only person here incapable of interpreting sarcasm), we just go back to assuming people unerstand the nuances of a good sarcastic jab.
                          Please use the aquamarine 'burn' color for this post.

Comment

Or now that Zainab is on hiatus (the only person here incapable of interpreting sarcasm), we just go back to assuming people unerstand the nuances of a good sarcastic jab.
                            Wait, are you being sarcastic here?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You know you did this post to tease the fuck out of me, eh Joey?

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                You know you did this post to tease the fuck out of me, eh Joey?

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID.
                                ... I actually don't ... but now I'm dying to know! Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X