Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Make Terrible Mistake By Firing Tom Sterner ... no one cares about Bayno.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Casey's reaction when he heard the news of Sterner being canned.*

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
      I expect more changes to occur. Roster needs an overhaul - Lowry needs to be traded.
      If we trade Lowry and keep Casey we are idiots.

This is from Terrence Ross's AMA:
      Q: Who talks on D? Who is the most vocal and who calls out the opposing team’s plays?

A: kyle lowry. always. before every play i ask him, 'yo what they running?'.

usually the team come down the court, lowry will recognize the play and call out what they're doing.

Q: Who's the one teammate on the Raptors you look up to for leadership?

A: kyle lowry because he's the smartest guy on the team. he makes the biggest impact on the games.

Q: Sup Terrence? Weird as fuck question but if you have to pick one current teammate to play alongside you for the rest of your NBA career, who would it be?

A: kyle lowry. he's the perfect point guard. i wish he was five inches taller and had a little bit more bounce!! haha
      It's always been my contention that Lowry has made Casey look much better than he is. You take Lowry out of this and I think this whole thing is going to collapse, unless you get an equally smart defensive PG back (say Mike Conley).

If Greivis Vasquez is running the point in 2015-16 I doubt we break 40 wins.

If this plays out in the worst possible fashion, there will have been a whole chain of negative consequences from keeping Casey. The vote of non-confidence from Lowry means the two will be more at odds, which makes it more likely Lowry gets moved, which means we could take a big step back, which means we don't contend for free agents in 2016.

But if we're tanking... who cares. Ben Simmons 2016!

Comment

• I sorta feel like Masai needs to get on the radio and someone needs to ask him some tough questions. I just don't see it, and I routinely take the position of, "we aren't in the locker room, we don't see who is saying what, surely the people running the team have better information than I"...etc...
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I sorta feel like Masai needs to get on the radio and someone needs to ask him some tough questions. I just don't see it, and I routinely take the position of, "we aren't in the locker room, we don't see who is saying what, surely the people running the team have better information than I"...etc...
          Preferably someone who will call bullshit when Masai says this is a young team. He's still saying that it and it couldn't be further from the truth. JV and Ross were the only "young" guys to get minutes, and they were 3rd year players, not spring chickens.

Comment

• The defense went to sh!t.. so the guys that should be on the chopping block are the guys that put together those defensive schemes (Casey included).. so seeing Sterner and Bayno get the axe makes sense from that perspective.

Comment

• It's always been my contention that Lowry has made Casey look much better than he is. You take Lowry out of this and I think this whole thing is going to collapse, unless you get an equally smart defensive PG back (say Mike Conley).

It's why I am so amused by what is going on right now in the Toronto media. The only reason this team has been in the playoffs the last two years is Kyle Lowry. All you have to do is look at that stretch at the end of February/start of March where they lost 9 of 10 and the only win was against Philly. That was Toronto with an injured or absent Kyle Lowry. Yeah, they were 6-6 when he was out but the only decent team they beat was HOU and that was a decimated squad at the ACC where Houston hasn't won since dirt was invented.

Thing is, I don't think they can move Lowry for a guy who will have the same impact on the team. If they move him, as you say, it will all fall apart and they'll be in full tank mode before too long.

Comment

• If Lowry is moved, it is to tank, or at least take a big step back short term. No question.

If DD is moved for a starting PF, then we are going all in to win now.

If Lowry is moved, I'd expect DD to also be moved for pick/prospect.

I can't imagine a scenario where neither is moved, so those are the scenarios, IMO.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  They had good habits, hard work and team work for 1 to 1.5 seasons didn't they? Did the DD injury really fuck things up that much? I guess putting too much emphasis on replacing his scoring and giving Lowry & Lou perma-green lights along with Lowry not playing consistently well past NYE can nosedive a season.
                  Is 1 to 1.5 seasons out of 4 acceptable? I mean seriously, do we have such low standards? Less than half of his time as Coach.

If this is acceptable to people, then yeah, we're fucking doomed as MLSE has no reason to aim higher than this.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Is 1 to 1.5 seasons out of 4 acceptable? I mean seriously, do we have such low standards? Less than half of his time as Coach.

If this is acceptable to people, then yeah, we're fucking doomed as MLSE has no reason to aim higher than this.
                    Oh I was only referring to the last 2 seasons specifically. The Gay, Jose and Bargnani days I kind of like to forget about (even though I loved Jose as a Raptor) and the roster change/improvement make it hard to compare DC's system in his first 2 years to these last 2.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      If we trade Lowry and keep Casey we are idiots.

This is from Terrence Ross's AMA:

It's always been my contention that Lowry has made Casey look much better than he is. You take Lowry out of this and I think this whole thing is going to collapse, unless you get an equally smart defensive PG back (say Mike Conley).

If this plays out in the worst possible fashion, there will have been a whole chain of negative consequences from keeping Casey. The vote of non-confidence from Lowry means the two will be more at odds, which makes it more likely Lowry gets moved, which means we could take a big step back, which means we don't contend for free agents in 2016.

But if we're tanking... who cares. Ben Simmons 2016!
                      I agree that if GV is starting point guard we have a good chance of missing the playoffs next year.

Comment

That's not fair to anyone. Casey's first year here was with a team that was in full on tank mode and the second year was a complete cluster*^$& with the Gay trade, the Lowry deal, etc. The two years he's had a competent roster he's got them into the playoffs with close to 50 wins.

As with most teams, when their best player struggled/got hurt, the team struggled. There are very, very few teams in the NBA that can survive their best player imploding and the Raptors aren't one of them.

Comment

acceptable? maybe not. but look at the teams casey has had to work with. not exactly championship material. not sure what anyone else expected in the 4 year span, especially when the team had aaron gray as our STARTING center.

casey has a ton of faults and i'd rather see him go then stay. but this year we had an injured derozan for a 1/4 of the season and lowry missing for like 12 games and we still somehow won 49 with our incredibly flawed roster and play style. thats pretty impressive in my books.
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Wed May 20, 2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            acceptable? maybe not. but look at the teams casey has had to work with. not exactly championship material. not sure what anyone else expected in the 4 year span, especially when the team had aaron gray as our STARTING center.

casey has a ton of faults and i'd rather see him go then stay. but this year we had an injured derozan for a 1/4 of the season and lowry missing for like 12 games and we still somehow won 49 with our incredibly flawed roster and play style. thats pretty impressive in my books.
                            That's probably what MU sees as well. A team that had injuries, flaws, and yet still won.

It all lies in what we do this offseason. Can MU do enough to make us better?
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              Oh I was only referring to the last 2 seasons specifically. The Gay, Jose and Bargnani days I kind of like to forget about (even though I loved Jose as a Raptor) and the roster change/improvement make it hard to compare DC's system in his first 2 years to these last 2.
                              slaw wrote: View Post
                              That's not fair to anyone. Casey's first year here was with a team that was in full on tank mode and the second year was a complete cluster*^$& with the Gay trade, the Lowry deal, etc. The two years he's had a competent roster he's got them into the playoffs with close to 50 wins.

As with most teams, when their best player struggled/got hurt, the team struggled. There are very, very few teams in the NBA that can survive their best player imploding and the Raptors aren't one of them.
                              iblastoff wrote: View Post

Regardless of the roster, good habits, hard work and team work are the measurable we were discussing. Can you honestly say that all 4 years of Casey have seen those? System, style, roster, etc is all back ground noise to this discussion compared to the very fundamental building blocks of a winning culture.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                bargnani for coach!
                                To do what? Work with Val on how to improve rebounding?

Comment

Working...
                                X