RaptorsRepublic chats with Jack Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    I've been wondering we we could somehow get Teague from Atlanta to replace Lowry if that's the way we're headed. I think Schoreder is ready to start and likely become a star player, and has shown to be the better player than Teague in the playoffs. Teague is still a really good player though, he just has a phenom nipping at his heels, and minute distribution will get dicey next season if both stay.

Not sure if they have any interest in Derozan, so maybe we'd have to focus on 3 team deals, but Teague is definitely the PG I'd target as a replacement for Lowry.
    I doubt they are looking to move Teague.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Probably depends on how their season ends up. If they go to the finals then I doubt they make any changes, if they lose in the ECF then some moves might be warranted. If you watch Atlanta at all it has become clear Schroeder is better than Teague, and he looks like he could take over as one of the best PG in the league next season. So what do you do with Teague to get more minutes for Schroeder? They already play them together a bunch, so that isn't the answer. Do you move Teague to backup PG? Seems like a slight to Teague, as he's definitely a starter quality PG. Plus they already have a good backup PG in Mack. So they may look at trade options for Teague to improve a different piece of the roster.

Again, it all depends on how they finish in the playoffs, and is predicated on understanding how freaking good Schroeder is.

Comment

Especially when owed just $8M per year for next 2 seasons.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Especially when owed just $8M per year for next 2 seasons.
          That's why he's an amazing trade piece. Starting PG on a great value contract, that you don't need because his young backup is a phenom. They don't need to move him at all, it just wouldn't hurt them at all if they did, so why not get better somewhere else if teams are interested in Teague?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            That's why he's an amazing trade piece. Starting PG on a great value contract, that you don't need because his young backup is a phenom. They don't need to move him at all, it just wouldn't hurt them at all if they did, so why not get better somewhere else if teams are interested in Teague?
            Which hurts our ability to move Lowry for top value. Teague would get more interest out there than Lowry.

Comment

DRose and JButler are far superior to KL and DD imo.
              depends if youre getting 2014 or 2015 lowry
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X