Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ride a motorcycle?

been thinking of getting a cafe racer!

Motorcycles are fun! I bought Triumph Thruxton 900cc when I came to UK Nothing serious or special, but enough to have some fun!
    Last edited by rocwell; Tue May 19, 2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Remember helmets and speed limits are for wimps. Full throttle and feel the wind in your face. Pebbly roads are fun too

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Remember helmets and speed limits are for wimps. Full throttle and feel the wind in your face. Pebbly roads are fun too

you must be hatin' on moto riders aren't you

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          been thinking of getting a cafe racer!
          What are you looking at getting? Café Racers are generally custom bikes, are they not? Or are there factory cafe's now?

My buddy is big into customizing bikes, and has built a few Cafes. Currently rebuilding an old Ducatti.

I ride around on his old Suzuki GT500.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            Everyone loves a classic!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Motorcycles are fun! I bought Triumph Thruxton 900cc when I came to UK Nothing serious or special, but enough to have some fun!
              whoah. the thruxton is definitely a beast. a friends bf just got one too.

What are you looking at getting? Café Racers are generally custom bikes, are they not? Or are there factory cafe's now?

My buddy is big into customizing bikes, and has built a few Cafes. Currently rebuilding an old Ducatti.

i guess i mean cafe racer 'style' bikes haha. i've been looking at a good beginner bike.

the suzuki tu250 comes to mind.

although the beginner in me kind of wants to try out one of those cheap but well-reviewed sym wolf classic 150. pretty low powered machine but i don't plan on doing much highway riding at all.

Comment

Good beginner bike you say? I like light sport bikes, so my first bike was a Hyosung GT250. Love at first sight!

Comment

i guess i mean cafe racer 'style' bikes haha. i've been looking at a good beginner bike.

the suzuki tu250 comes to mind.

Ahh gotcha. Thought maybe you had a hookup for a custom ride! Haha

Ya, those 250s can make pretty cool racers:

Note the significantly lower handlebars, the rounded seat/fender cap, and the FAT tires.
                  Those are generally "defining" traits of a true Café Racer.

Comment

Ahh gotcha. Thought maybe you had a hookup for a custom ride! Haha

Ya, those 250s can make pretty cool racers:

Note the significantly lower handlebars, the rounded seat/fender cap, and the FAT tires.
                    Those are generally "defining" traits of a true Café Racer.
                    man those are some beauties. yeah i dont think i'd want the lower handlebars at least just yet.

i definitely love the ridged seats of the old honda scramblers though!

Comment

just curious who is your buddy? its not 'kazillac' on instagram is it?

https://instagram.com/kazillac/

hes got some insane stuff going on!

Comment

Haha no, but that guy has some crazy shit!
                        Nah, my buddy is just a guy who works in a little back shop and loves to ride.

Comment

I'll stick to recreational vehicles personally. Bikes are bad ass though.

Comment

Here's a few pics of his old Honda he customized:

He just sent me these actually, after making a few changes to the paint job.

Comment

Here's a few pics of his old Honda he customized:

He just sent me these actually, after making a few changes to the paint job.
                              damn thats some super aggressive seating!

Comment

Working...
                              X