No announcement yet.

The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Derozan for the Knicks #4 pick and we don't take Jose back. Knicks only have $35M in payroll so they can easily absorb Demars deal. I don't want to take back a shit contract that affects our 2016 cap space to give the Knicks an all star. The Knicks would also still need a PG so they have one in Jose.

I like Sacramento best as a Lowry trade partner, and they're seemingly the only realistic place to ship him. I'd prefer to just keep Lowry though as I don't see how we're going to get a PG of his quality at his low price. Watch Lin get a Lowry sized contract this offseason, and Lowry is a bazillion times better than Lin, approximately. But, if we insist on moving Lowry in addition to Derozan, here's what I'd want.

Lowry for Collison and the #6 pick. I really don't want to take back Thompson as he's completely useless outside of rebounding. If we have to take back Thompson instead of Collison, I make them throw in Stauskas as well.

Tl/dr here's the scenarios I present.

1) DD to NYK for #4
    Keep Lowry

2) DD to NYK for #4
    Lowry to Sac for Collison and #6

3) DD to NYK for #4
    Lowry to Sac for Thompson, Stauskas, and #6

As you can see, moving DD for a high draft pick is top priority. We end up with 2 or 3 first round picks and the rebuild has a great foundation. We can then use our cap space, which has gone up by a lot due to not taking back nearly as much salary as we sent out. Throw a bunch of money at Danny Green and DMC. Draft BPA and we'll end up with backups or starters at most positions.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      All valid points which further supports the obvious.
      #FireCasey?

#ReplaceLeoWithSterner?

#ProveEm?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        How about Derozan for the Knicks #4 pick and we don't take Jose back. Knicks only have $35M in payroll so they can easily absorb Demars deal. I don't want to take back a shit contract that affects our 2016 cap space to give the Knicks an all star. The Knicks would also still need a PG so they have one in Jose.

I like Sacramento best as a Lowry trade partner, and they're seemingly the only realistic place to ship him. I'd prefer to just keep Lowry though as I don't see how we're going to get a PG of his quality at his low price. Watch Lin get a Lowry sized contract this offseason, and Lowry is a bazillion times better than Lin, approximately. But, if we insist on moving Lowry in addition to Derozan, here's what I'd want.

Lowry for Collison and the #6 pick. I really don't want to take back Thompson as he's completely useless outside of rebounding. If we have to take back Thompson instead of Collison, I make them throw in Stauskas as well.

Tl/dr here's the scenarios I present.

1) DD to NYK for #4
        Keep Lowry

2) DD to NYK for #4
        Lowry to Sac for Collison and #6

3) DD to NYK for #4
        Lowry to Sac for Thompson, Stauskas, and #6

As you can see, moving DD for a high draft pick is top priority. We end up with 2 or 3 first round picks and the rebuild has a great foundation. We can then use our cap space, which has gone up by a lot due to not taking back nearly as much salary as we sent out. Throw a bunch of money at Danny Green and DMC. Draft BPA and we'll end up with backups or starters at most positions.
        I think Knicks insist on Calderon going out.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I am ok with jose being back.

Demar and 20 for jose and 4

Kl for stauskis, thompson and 6

Amir, gv and jj for lee and barnes

Pp for ennis and dudley

Ennis/jose
          Ross/stauskis
          Barnes/dudley
          Lee/thompson
          Jv/free agent

4 and 6th picks in draft.

19 million expiring in 2016. Lots of capspace to sign a superstar to go with all the youth.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
            I am ok with jose being back.

Pp for ennis and dudley

Ennis/jose
            Ross/stauskis
            Barnes/dudley
            Lee/thompson
            Jv/free agent

19 million expiring in 2016. Lots of capspace to sign a superstar to go with all the youth.
            How on earth did you just propose cleaning house and still have t ross in your lineup?

Also, no "superstars" are going to come with that cap space to join your 30 win team.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
              I am ok with jose being back.

Pp for ennis and dudley

Ennis/jose
              Ross/stauskis
              Barnes/dudley
              Lee/thompson
              Jv/free agent

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• why are people insisting on tank mode again...do you forget what a joke this franchise has been and we literally had back to back record breaking seasons...we got exposed in the playoffs but damn learn the difference between a renovation and a rebuild...trade our All Star backcourt- Lowry & Derozan for unproven prospects & picks after a 48 & 49 win season...bring back Caledron? NO

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                  why are people insisting on tank mode again...do you forget what a joke this franchise has been and we literally had back to back record breaking seasons...we got exposed in the playoffs but damn learn the difference between a renovation and a rebuild...trade our All Star backcourt- Lowry & Derozan for unproven prospects & picks after a 48 & 49 win season...bring back Caledron? NO
                  Thank you! fans here just love them some prospects. Everyone seems to think the second coming of kevin durant is on our doorstep iif we just trade up in the draft. Ever notice how most of the teams in the draft lottery, stay inn the draft lottery? Its the same sorry bunch every year. You guys are all so impatient with ujiri even though he's been gm for all of 2 years, yet u claim itd be awesome if we tore it all down, taking swings at top 10 picks. In reality most top 10 picks are considered a suuccess if they turn into a kyle llowry or a demar derozan. For every okc there's a bunch of orlandos, detroits, and phillys. They've been stacking lottery picks and accumulated cores that may have to be torn down all over again, because they won't be good enough.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Thank you! fans here just love them some prospects. Everyone seems to think the second coming of kevin durant is on our doorstep iif we just trade up in the draft. Ever notice how most of the teams in the draft lottery, stay inn the draft lottery? Its the same sorry bunch every year. You guys are all so impatient with ujiri even though he's been gm for all of 2 years, yet u claim itd be awesome if we tore it all down, taking swings at top 10 picks. In reality most top 10 picks are considered a suuccess if they turn into a kyle llowry or a demar derozan. For every okc there's a bunch of orlandos, detroits, and phillys. They've been stacking lottery picks and accumulated cores that may have to be torn down all over again, because they won't be good enough.
                    Nothing is guaranteed and you need more than successful drafting to win.

The appeal to going the draft route is it provides the best chance for getting your franchise piece. Then you also have the possibility of value contracts due to rookie scale. Then you have the possibility of keeping those players for 8-9 years.

Finally those picks and rookie contracts are the best ways of securing a star should one come available.

Comment

• Of the top 10.. I can see #4 (NY), #6 (Sacramento), #8 (Detroit) and #9 (Charlotte) all being available for the right price (ie, DeMar).

NY may be difficult because Phil's not an idiot... and they may have just mentioned to Woj that they'd be interested in trading it just to see what's available in the market.. doesn't mean they'll pull the trigger though.

I'd guess the other three should be easy to get. Personally would think Charlotte makes a really good fit.

Derozan and Ross for Stephenson, Vonleh and #9

.. then hope Hezonja drops and draft him.

Stephenson is a nut bar.. could affect chemistry and that's a pretty big risk.. but if he becomes a risk you just use the stretch provision on him.. and his cap hit goes from $9M a year for 2 years to $3.6M in 5.. and with the cap going up.. that's not going to affect the payroll to much.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Of the top 10.. I can see #4 (NY), #6 (Sacramento), #8 (Detroit) and #9 (Charlotte) all being available for the right price (ie, DeMar).

NY may be difficult because Phil's not an idiot... and they may have just mentioned to Woj that they'd be interested in trading it just to see what's available in the market.. doesn't mean they'll pull the trigger though.

I'd guess the other three should be easy to get. Personally would think Charlotte makes a really good fit.

Derozan and Ross for Stephenson, Vonleh and #9

.. then hope Hezonja drops and draft him.

Stephenson is a nut bar.. could affect chemistry and that's a pretty big risk.. but if he becomes a risk you just use the stretch provision on him.. and his cap hit goes from $9M a year for 2 years to $3.6M in 5.. and with the cap going up.. that's not going to affect the payroll to much.
                        Lance's 2nd year is a Team Option. So really it's a 1 yr risk and don't need to buyout or stretch.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Lance's 2nd year is a Team Option. So really it's a 1 yr risk and don't need to buyout or stretch.
                          Well that just makes it even sweeter.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            How on earth did you just propose cleaning house and still have t ross in your lineup?

Also, no "superstars" are going to come with that cap space to join your 30 win team.
                            That team without the picks is more than 30 wins.

What i showed was just what is left, without the picks and without free agency.

On top of that we are adding 2 of mudiay, hezonja, winslow, johnson to add to a young core already here.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              why are people insisting on tank mode again...do you forget what a joke this franchise has been and we literally had back to back record breaking seasons...we got exposed in the playoffs but damn learn the difference between a renovation and a rebuild...trade our All Star backcourt- Lowry & Derozan for unproven prospects & picks after a 48 & 49 win season...bring back Caledron? NO
                              Back to back record breaking seasons that havent hit 50 wins.

Add to that coaching troubles, raises looming for players undeserving and reported dissention in the lockerroom.

Some people sound like the abused housewive justifying being beaten by her husband because she did burn supper, or he had a hard day

Record breaking seasons. Lol

Not even 50 wins.

If team won 55 games last 2 years then i could maybe agree.

And furthermore, demar and lowry are not great pieces, they are average pieces and honestly they are second tier allstars.

Comment

• yea except we're an upgrade at SF/PF away from being a real contender right now...and in order to attract players of a contender quality you need those 2nd tier all stars like Lowry & Derozan...once again a renovation not a rebuild is needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X