Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    But you are looking in a vacuum, no? .
    No I am not !!! I don't think you read my post at all so I will just re post here for you.

"All I am saying is that people need to be realistic and keep their expectation in check. DD and KL had bad play offs and there are other teams in the league that have better talents and are willing to move up. It is not like we have Beal as our shooting guard or it is not like DD has demolished Washington in the series."

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      NOt pissed at all, personally. Think of it this way...the Knicks were slated to get #2. Wouldn't that actually piss you off way more? I'm pretty happy the Knicks fell a bit.
      lol i was hoping knicks get a worse pick then top 5

ahahah
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        No I am not !!! I don't think you read my post at all so I will just re post here for you.

"All I am saying is that people need to be realistic and keep their expectation in check. DD and KL had bad play offs and there are other teams in the league that have better talents and are willing to move up. It is not like we have Beal as our shooting guard or it is not like DD has demolished Washington in the series."
        Sorry, so which teams exactly have better talents they are willing to trade for the 4th pick?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But you are looking in a vacuum, no? Exactly what you accused a poster of doing.

Say what you want about value of KL and DD but they are recent AS and they play for an awful in game coach. Every opponent announce team from January on directly or indirectly highlighted this.

Where are the available players worthy of a #4 pick?

What teams are willing to throw in the towel on current core with all-star calibre players?

It is a unique time in nba with only a handful of teams intentionally looking to be bad (Minny, philly). Lots of other bottom dwellers have been there for a while.
          Also I feel like people underrate DD's value. He's a young guy, who's been an all-star, who's got the character you want in one of your core guys, making a steal of a salary right now, whose bird rights you can get by trading for him.

I mean, I wouldn't even consider trading him except a) there seems to be a lot of uncertainty with the team at the moment, b) he'll probably opt out to look for a big payday and I don't want to give him max/near-max....and I mean, if he could consistently hit the 3-ball, I would probably be happy to pay him and never trade him because then he'd be super easy to put into a system with that added versatility.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue May 19, 2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Heres a little sample of how things are looking in the nba version of the land god gave to cain....

T-Wolves got the #1 pick with what should have been our ballz
            But hey, we won that one game against Atlanta. They should hang a banner up at MSG for that ish.

I didnt want to get upset if they dropped out of the Top 2 picks but fuck it Im pissed. This sucks, as Knick fans dunno how much more shit we have to continue to get piled on us before something positive actually happens to us.

We all know whats going to happen. We will all hope Russell is there at 4 but instead Philly takes him 1 spot ahead of the Knicks and becomes ROY and a future All-Star while the Knicks take either Mudiay or Winslow who become a decent player but not anywhere near as good as Russell (let alone Towns or Okafor).

What’s the worst case scenario? That’s what I’m placing my bet on us doing.

Do we go out there and let Cole launch 30′ hook shots to “see if he can be a stretch 5 next year” or do we try to beat Atlanta? How both the Knicks and the Jets have fucked up this incredibly easy decision process boggles my mind.

Why Sacramento is always in our trade scenarios?
            I know, they are dumb af, but I’m not convinced we can outsmart them.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue May 19, 2015, 11:23 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Sorry, so which teams exactly have better talents they are willing to trade for the 4th pick?
              want to make a bet here DanH that we will not get a #4 pick ?? If you win, I will not post here till Dec and if I do, you do not post till Dec

Comment

#1. You're editing your posts after I've click reply with quote so I'm replying to original quotes.

#2. Who are these better teams and talents? Who are these teams willing to move up? You can put out all that fluff you want but you're not actually saying anything. What current playoff team is going to roll over? Milwaukee? And trade what? Brooklyn? Hardly...and trade what? Boston? Maybe. Chicago? Nope. Washington? Nope. Cleveland? Lol. Atlanta? Nope. NO? They just fired their coach - nope. Any of top 7 in west? Nope. PHX - maybe. OKC - nope. Miami - nope. Indiana? Maybe but I don't see it unless NY wants Hibbert. Detroit-Sacramento-Orlando all looking to get better after years of lottery. Utah? Nope. Charlotte? Maybe but jordan has already recently experienced downside of lottery balls.

#3. 4 bad games with horrible coaching and poor game plan is not going to destroy a players previous 2 seasons.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Heres a little sample of how things are looking in the nba version of the land god gave to cain....

T-Wolves got the #1 pick with what should have been our ballz
                  But hey, we won that one game against Atlanta. They should hang a banner up at MSG for that ish.

I didnt want to get upset if they dropped out of the Top 2 picks but fuck it Im pissed. This sucks, as Knick fans dunno how much more shit we have to continue to get piled on us before something positive actually happens to us.

We all know whats going to happen. We will all hope Russell is there at 4 but instead Philly takes him 1 spot ahead of the Knicks and becomes ROY and a future All-Star while the Knicks take either Mudiay or Winslow who become a decent player but not anywhere near as good as Russell (let alone Towns or Okafor).

What’s the worst case scenario? That’s what I’m placing my bet on us doing.

Do we go out there and let Cole launch 30′ hook shots to “see if he can be a stretch 5 next year” or do we try to beat Atlanta? How both the Knicks and the Jets have fucked up this incredibly easy decision process boggles my mind.
                  And we think its depressing around here..
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

want to make a bet here DanH that we will not get a #4 pick ?? If you win, I will not post here till Dec and if I do, you do not post till Dec
                    I recall jamshid making this same "bet" to me.

Smh

Comment

#1. You're editing your posts after I've click reply with quote so I'm replying to original quotes.

#2. Who are these better teams and talents? Who are these teams willing to move up? You can put out all that fluff you want but you're not actually saying anything. What current playoff team is going to roll over? Milwaukee? And trade what? Brooklyn? Hardly...and trade what? Boston? Maybe. Chicago? Nope. Washington? Nope. Cleveland? Lol. Atlanta? Nope. NO? They just fired their coach - nope. Any of top 7 in west? Nope. PHX - maybe. OKC - nope. Miami - nope. Indiana? Maybe but I don't see it unless NY wants Hibbert. Detroit-Sacramento-Orlando all looking to get better after years of lottery. Utah? Nope. Charlotte? Maybe but jordan has already recently experienced downside of lottery balls.

#3. 4 bad games with horrible coaching and poor game plan is not going to destroy a players previous 2 seasons.
                      Ok man, we will get the #4 pick Does that make you happy
                      How about the same bet I offered the DanH ...

"want to make a bet here DanH that we will not get a #4 pick ?? If you win, I will not post here till Dec and if I do, you do not post till Dec "

How about it my friend ?

Comment

Lowry/Ross/20th
                        for
                        Jose/THJ/#4

Draft Russell or Muiday
                        Sign Middleton or Harris
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Ok man, we will get the #4 pick Does that make you happy
                          How about the same bet I offered the DanH ...

"want to make a bet here DanH that we will not get a #4 pick ?? If you win, I will not post here till Dec and if I do, you do not post till Dec "

How about it my friend ?
                          You've missed the entire point of conversation.

No one is here saying it will happen - actually Dan went out of his way to say it won't and was just pie in sky forum fun.

But you have added nothing from other teams perspective - at all - except insane Denver swap to move up 3 places.

Write a post with your insights on which talents could be traded and which team will look to move up instead of attempting to win an argument no one is having but you.

Comment

I don't even know if Indy can do that. Hibbert can opt out this summer, so I think that might mean he can't be traded til...whatever, like July 1st when he has to either opt in or out. Not sure on that though.

BUt yeah, I feel your skepticism on "which teams would be willing to move a big talent for a high(er) pick in this draft?" Lots of teams were tanking/rebuilding leading up through last draft/summer, and now many of those are trying to swing upwards. Could really be the right time to get into the mix for such a thing.

Comment

You've missed the entire point of conversation.

No one is here saying it will happen - actually Dan went out of his way to say it won't and was just pie in sky forum fun.

But you have added nothing from other teams perspective - at all - except insane Denver swap to move up 3 places.

Write a post with your insights on which talents could be traded and which team will look to move up instead of attempting to win an argument no one is having but you.
                              Yeah? Well I think its ridiculous they don't sell ketchup chips in the states!
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I don't even know if Indy can do that. Hibbert can opt out this summer, so I think that might mean he can't be traded til...whatever, like July 1st when he has to either opt in or out. Not sure on that though.

BUt yeah, I feel your skepticism on "which teams would be willing to move a big talent for a high(er) pick in this draft?" Lots of teams were tanking/rebuilding leading up through last draft/summer, and now many of those are trying to swing upwards. Could really be the right time to get into the mix for such a thing.
                                Right....good pick up on Hibbert.

Bird basically said in exit interview that he hopes he opts out...lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X