No announcement yet.

The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we at the point of re-tooling through Free-Agency or trade, while picking up value in the draft.

Lowry/GV or (*Beverly/Joseph)
    DD/Lou
    ? (*Harris/Green/Deng)/Ross or JJ/Bruno
    ? (*Millsap/TT/West/Monroe)/PP/*#20 or TH
    JV/? (*Biyombo)/Bebe

vs

Ennis/jose
    Ross/stauskis
    Barnes/dudley
    Lee/thompson
    Jv/free agent
    Last edited by RepTdot; Thu May 21, 2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
      why are people insisting on tank mode again...do you forget what a joke this franchise has been and we literally had back to back record breaking seasons...we got exposed in the playoffs but damn learn the difference between a renovation and a rebuild...trade our All Star backcourt- Lowry & Derozan for unproven prospects & picks after a 48 & 49 win season...bring back Caledron? NO
      I've been saying we should keep Lowry and ship out Derozan, so we still have by far the most important part of our back court. I'd also use the cap space created by shipping out Derozan to sign Danny Green, who is a better player than Derozan everywhere except FTA. I'd so much rather pay Danny Green $10-12M per year than pay Derozan close to $20M per year. Then use what cap we have left to target a SF or PF. I'd also love to flip Ross for Taj if we can. The picks will help us get better too.

There are no tiny tweaks that will improve this team, we require a big trade. Maybe you're fine with a 45 win team that loses in the first round, but I would like to shoot for a championship. We don't need to suck to get there, hence trading to get picks instead of tanking for them. I think some of you just read the first sentence, see it mentions trading Demar and Lowry, then stop reading and start screaming about our all star backcourt and our record wins.

Comment

yea except we're an upgrade at SF/PF away from being a real contender right now...and in order to attract players of a contender quality you need those 2nd tier all stars like Lowry & Derozan...once again a renovation not a rebuild is needed.

We can't upgrade SF and PF without a trade, we don't have the cap room. It gets tiresome when people keep saying "let's just add stars at SF and PF and were good to go" because that's not realistic, and in fact impossible. We can try to use our cap to upgrade one of the positions, but that market is pretty damn thin, with mostly RFA that aren't going to be let go by their current teams.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          I've been saying we should keep Lowry and ship out Derozan, so we still have by far the most important part of our back court. I'd also use the cap space created by shipping out Derozan to sign Danny Green, who is a better player than Derozan everywhere except FTA. I'd so much rather pay Danny Green $10-12M per year than pay Derozan close to $20M per year. Then use what cap we have left to target a SF or PF. I'd also love to flip Ross for Taj if we can. The picks will help us get better too.

There are no tiny tweaks that will improve this team, we require a big trade. Maybe you're fine with a 45 win team that loses in the first round, but I would like to shoot for a championship. We don't need to suck to get there, hence trading to get picks instead of tanking for them. I think some of you just read the first sentence, see it mentions trading Demar and Lowry, then stop reading and start screaming about our all star backcourt and our record wins.
          my comments are not directed at something specific you said...across many threads there is talk of blowing it all up and trading both..im not opposed to trading Derozan for value but not just for a top 5-10 pick which is no sure thing...flip ross- 100%, change coach- 100%, build for a title not just playoffs- 100%, go full rebuild- totally unnecessary and complete over-reaction.

Comment

yea except we're an upgrade at SF/PF away from being a real contender right now...and in order to attract players of a contender quality you need those 2nd tier all stars like Lowry & Derozan...once again a renovation not a rebuild is needed.
            We are a lot farther away than a sf from being contender, put down the koolaid.

And just how do you attract that superstar guy without moving demar and kyle?

By moving ross?

Comment

we at the point of re-tooling through Free-Agency or trade, while picking up value in the draft.

Lowry/GV or (*Beverly/Joseph)
              DD/Lou
              ? (*Harris/Green/Deng)/Ross or JJ/Bruno
              ? (*Millsap/TT/West/Monroe)/PP/*#20 or TH
              JV/? (*Biyombo)/Bebe

vs

Ennis/jose
              Ross/stauskis
              Barnes/dudley
              Lee/thompson
              Jv/free agent
              Milsap will stay with atlanta, he would he fiolish to leave.

So then our pieve to push us into contender status is harris......

Sure......

And if you are gonna compare lineups, add in the picks, caproom, and future outlook.

And lee still can contribute just fine.

Barnes with minutes is very solid

Jv when given opportunity is very solid.

And you have to hihh lotto picks to get very high potential pg and sg.

Have potential to have 4 starters under 23 years of age
              Last edited by Bear; Thu May 21, 2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
                Milsap will stay with atlanta, he would he fiolish to leave.

So then our pieve to push us into contender status is harris......

Sure......

And if you are gonna compare lineups, add in the picks, caproom, and future outlook.
                Yeah we have virtually no chance at Millsap,

TT, West, Monroe isn't going to make us a contender either

Also since he's brining back Lou that's at least another 7mill gone to spend on other free agents
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

Also since he's brining back Lou that's at least another 7mill gone to spend on other free agents
                  Is this official ? Did MU really said that Lou is coming back ?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    I like Sacramento best as a Lowry trade partner, and they're seemingly the only realistic place to ship him. I'd prefer to just keep Lowry though as I don't see how we're going to get a PG of his quality at his low price. Watch Lin get a Lowry sized contract this offseason, and Lowry is a bazillion times better than Lin, approximately. But, if we insist on moving Lowry in addition to Derozan, here's what I'd want.
                    Lin was basically untradeable at 14 million in his final year and when he only counted about 8 million towards the cap despite that. I like Lin and I'd like him on the Raptors, but I also think he needs a prove-himself contract and will be a $6m player or so.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      Is this official ? Did MU really said that Lou is coming back ?
                      No, he was referencing the other posters proposed raptors lineup.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Lin was basically untradeable at 14 million in his final year and when he only counted about 8 million towards the cap despite that. I like Lin and I'd like him on the Raptors, but I also think he needs a prove-himself contract and will be a $6m player or so.
                        I wouldn't mind Lin for a cheap, short contract if they can get something for GV and Lou walks.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't mind Lin for a cheap, short contract if they can get something for GV and Lou walks.
                          Nah, rather have lou than lin anyday.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            I think you're severely underpricing both players based on playoff disappointment. DeMar played well in the playoffs and Lowry was hurt, and everybody in the league knows both of those things.

The last star player who was traded during the draft itself for pick(s) was Jrue Holiday in 2013. Holiday cost the Pelicans the #6 pick (Nerlens Noel) plus an additional unprotected first-rounder which eventually became Elfrid Payton (who the Sixers then traded for Dario Saric and a future first-rounder).

Holiday is probably equivalent to Lowry in terms of value. There's your cost estimate for Lowry: two first-round picks, one of which was middle-to-high lottery. This is why the Sacramento deal of Stauskas, #6 and some salary to make the money work (probably Jason Thompson or Darren Collison) makes sense - it's almost exactly the same price as New Orleans paid for Jrue.

(See also: Brooklyn trading three first-rounders and swap rights for two more first rounders for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry. If you want an established star-level player, you have to pay up.)
                            Good points.
                            I would also like to add that No 2 or No 4 or.......does not guarantee an all star player. Look at the players drafted in top 5 over the last 10-20 years. Pretty much every draft has produced at least 1 complete bust in top 5.
                            So, if you are NY or LA, you want to take a young talent with potential (and ability to extend a rookie scale deal -nice, but see if teams did that with Morrison, Beasley, T Thomas.....-You get the picture) or an (at least a borderline) all star like KL or DD, you will gladly pay.
                            Demar is still top 3-5 SG in NBA, while KL I would peg as top 10 (there was an article recently, AFTER our playoff collapse) that put him at No 7(?).
                            Furthermore, IMO only No 1 (Minnesota will likely not be on the table.
                            I'm nor sure what Hinkie is doing (drafting lots, some turn good -MCW, you trade him for first next year), but I think at some point he is going to have to trade some drafts for solid players (I highly doubt an established AS or 2 will want to sign in Philly this year or next).

Comment

• How did 19 out of 26 people that took the poll pick Knicks getting 4th pick over $10,000+??? We have some serious wackos in here...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                How did 19 out of 26 people that took the poll pick Knicks getting 4th pick over $10,000+??? We have some serious wackos in here...
                                You got to be a little bit of wacko if you are a Raptors fan when you put up with this franchise shenanigans.

Comment

Working...
                                X