The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I never said anything about people not speculating, or what's fair game, just that a trade of Lowry for Thompson and Stauskas should be turned down with a quickness because that's an abysmal return for an all star in a great value contract.
    I know you didn't but it was a run off from other posters. On my phone so too lazy to multi quote.

Time will tell on Lowry. For all the speculation, fact is the dude has bounced around the league. It's not a stretch to say that Lowry isn't a predictable player in terms of on court production. Don't forget how poor he was when Jose was here. Dude seems to need a very specific circumstance to play well.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

How quickly people forget that the untradeable Gay and Bargnani were both moved for very nice returns.
      Gay was moved for spare parts - a backup PG, a backup PF, and two aging, low-contribution vets. It was impressive that his white elephant contract managed to get traded, to be sure, but let's not call it a "very nice return."

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Wow, let's just make shit up and say someone said it so we can disagree. Sounds like a fun game.

I am the only person who has used the word "torpedoed" and DD wasn't ever mentioned in that post (or any post using that word).

If you actually read it, I clearly state that I am expecting Lowry's value to torpedo IF the status quo remains. So yes, trading Lowry before that happens is my preference to keeping him and hoping for the best. You may disagree with my posts but at least I am providing rationale for my theory. You're just making shit up for the purpose of disagreeing.
        While I may have subconsciously used the term "torpedoed" because I saw it in your post, please don't think I was aiming that comment directly at you. I have seen plenty of both "KL is poison/coach killer" and "DD and/or KL are garbage" comments this past week in the forums and comments. They all kind of blend together. The general amalgamation of all that is what I was criticizing. Granted you may have been a tiny % of that but I'd rather not go back and site specifics.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          It's your opinion that you can't really add to this core but it's based on much less than perfect knowledge. I have no idea what specific steps should be taken to improve the team and I'm not going to pretend to play GM cause it's pointless. I don't know what trades are out there. I don't know what the magic beans from a draft might produce. The market is dependent on a myriad of factors I know little to nothing about. Even the GM doesn't know until he starts shopping.

As an aside, the Raptors have been in need of a small forward since Vince Carter left. Is it really that hard to find a serviceable SF? It takes 12 years? Other teams seem to be able to find serviceable guys at decent prices all the time. I don't think it's inconceivable to believe that Ujiri can do the same.
          Of course it is my opinion. Apologies for not point that out.

But the points I made are real obstacles. If Masai can overcome them I am not going to complain.

Comment

Haha, this whole fucking forum is pointless. The whole reason a bunch of us come here is to play pretend GM, or pretend coach, or pretend owner. Don't go all superjudge and declare people can't speculate because we ourselves aren't GM or a player or a coach in the league. We have roster lists, payrolls, cap status, draft pick status for every team, draft position for every team, scouting reports for draft picks, a plethora of stats. We have a lot to work with to make some informed speculation, not this far less than perfect scenario you're trying to paint. It's not unfathomable to predict what trades might be available, especially when teams like NYK come out and say they're shopping their pick. Our opinion that you can't really add to the core without trades is just simple math. We have $16M in cap space, and any starter quality player is going to require the majority of that. We also know that our most coveted guys are RFA, and RFA are notoriously difficult to sign away from their current team, that's not speculation, that's a historical fact. I'm sure Masai could pull off a move we don't foresee, but it probably wouldn't be anything too far off from what we're discussing now.
            Quote for the ages!

Comment

• With the Knicks slipping to#4, is anybody else feeling something like this....

Lowry + Ross + 2015 1st + Knicks 2016 1st for
              Jose + Hardaway Jr. + Knicks 1st (#4 overall)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                With the Knicks slipping to#4, is anybody else feeling something like this....

Woooowww sorry dude but what is this I don't even. Who do you think is in that #4 slot, 2003 dwyane wade? Lmao
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Haha, this whole fucking forum is pointless. The whole reason a bunch of us come here is to play pretend GM, or pretend coach, or pretend owner. Don't go all superjudge and declare people can't speculate because we ourselves aren't GM or a player or a coach in the league. We have roster lists, payrolls, cap status, draft pick status for every team, draft position for every team, scouting reports for draft picks, a plethora of stats.
                  I don't want to get into a back and forth.... My response was to a question asking how would I add to this core (or some such) and my point was simply that I don't know because I don't have enough information to make even an informed guess and I have neither the time nor the inclination to undergo a review of the salary cap rules, etc. to be able to talk intelligently about it, so it would be pointless for me to even speculate cause it would all be wrong.

For the record, I enjoy reading others speculation and ideas on trades, signings, etc. cause there are some very good and worthwhile points that are made. I just try to avoid it myself because I don't know enough about all the various factors to add anything meaningful in terms of specific analysis or suggestions.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Woooowww sorry dude but what is this I don't even. Who do you think is in that #4 slot, 2003 dwyane wade? Lmao
                    In 3-4 years, either or all of Winslow, Russell or Kaminsky will be the best player in that trade. But I'd take Winslow. And Lowry's going to be almost done, or at best clearly diminished.

Comment

In 3-4 years, either or all of Winslow, Russell or Kaminsky will be the best player in that trade. But I'd take Winslow. And Lowry's going to be almost done, or at best clearly diminished.
                      kaminsky has a shorter standing reach than montrezl harris right?
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

In your opinion. And none project to be a "franchise". Meanwhile you want to trade our best player, a sharp shooting 24 year old, a first next year that could be as high as top 3 and almost certainly lottery, and a first this year, just to get into the top 5 of an average/decent draft class.

Comment

With the Knicks slipping to#4, is anybody else feeling something like this....

Too much going on here, in my opinion.

No way I trade the 2016 Knicks pick.

I don't see cap conscious Knicks looking to take on an extra $2.3M in salary for essentially the same player Ross and THJr.

Lowry and #20 for

Jose and #4

I don't think this happens due to Dolan. He didn't want to trade with Masai for fear of getting fleeced 2 years ago and wouldn't include a 2018 pick. I don't expect him to be the type to give up more now to get the same player.

DD for Jose and #4 - I like that... a lot.

Comment

• Listning to Lakers radio right now and they are talking about trading the #2 for guys like Durant or Cousin.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              Listning to Lakers radio right now and they are talking about trading the #2 for guys like Durant or Cousin.
                              Wow, talk about delusional. Are they also going to move Jordan Clarkson for an armor covered Unicorn to man the point? They should just be excited they're going to get Okafor.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Too much going on here, in my opinion.

No way I trade the 2016 Knicks pick.

I don't see cap conscious Knicks looking to take on an extra $2.3M in salary for essentially the same player Ross and THJr.

Lowry and #20 for

Jose and #4

I don't think this happens due to Dolan. He didn't want to trade with Masai for fear of getting fleeced 2 years ago and wouldn't include a 2018 pick. I don't expect him to be the type to give up more now to get the same player.

DD for Jose and #4 - I like that... a lot.
                                Then get Vasquez the heck out of town for ANYTHING.

Comment

Working...
                                X