The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    kaminsky has a shorter standing reach than montrezl harris right?
    True, but Kevin Willis had short arms and Saer Sene had one of the longest wingspans in NBA history. Point being?

.... who is Saer Sene?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      True, but Kevin Willis had short arms and Saer Sene had one of the longest wingspans in NBA history. Point being?

.... who is Saer Sene?
      Point also being though after Okafor and Towns these guys aren't projected franchise guys. Big maybes, will they be all stars, role players or busts? You definitely don't give up present and future to get the #4 pick in 2015.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Then get Vasquez the heck out of town for ANYTHING.
        Could see Philly needing a PG who can run things for others.

They have the cap space.

An early 2nd round pick?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

They have the cap space.

An early 2nd round pick?
          I would be sold on the idea, but is Philly ready yet to start acquiring anybody that isn't a teenager?

Comment

They have the cap space.

An early 2nd round pick?
            Knowing Philly, we'd be the ones giving them a 2nd round pick. Let's just keep GV for his last year. He's actually a good backup PG, just a terrible backup SG and backup SF. Casey gets confused about what position guys play.

Comment

• If your playing make believe GM and your trading Kyle Lowry..... first you have to find a team that really needs a PG.
              Who fits that bill ?
              We do as soon as we trade Kyle and that might be enough to just keep him here but if the goal is to move him then who is in the market for a PG ? Arguably the following.

The Knicks, Los Angeles (though they think they might try to choke down that idiot Rondo in FA), Sacramento, Dallas, Indiana, Philly, TimberPuppies (upgrade on Rubio who they are not in the least wedded to) and maybe Detroit (depending on Reggie)

Then who has what your intrerested in ?
              Dallas has nothing we need.
              The Knicks have this years draft pick and nothing much after that. Would they do it ?
              The Lakers have this years pick and Julius Randle and neither will be going anywhere.
              Sacto have more parts for us and a draft choice. This is a reasonable shopping ground.
              Indy has the 11th pick and really not much else we need. The 11th and Ian Mahani for Kyle. Tough for Toronto to do.
              Philly has an eclectic mix of potential talent. It might be good it might not. They have Noel/Saric/Embiid/Future firsts. This too is a reasonable shopping ground.
              Minny has the fading Rubio and future draft choices.
              Detroit has a this years first at the 8 slot and not much else we can use.

So you could nose around the Knicks/Kings and possibly 76'ers for a deal.. none of whom can send you a younger PG back as part of the deal. So I think Kyle is staying here.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Point also being though after Okafor and Towns these guys aren't projected franchise guys.
                Mudiay and Russell are projected franchise guys as well by most. The difference is only that franchise bigs are rarer than franchise wings/PGs.

Comment

DD for Jose and #4 - I like that... a lot.
                  Either DD or Lowry would be fine to be honest. Let's just hope no other team is offering something better (although, I don't think any other team has the pieces + situation to make that type of trade).

Main concern shouldn't be about what Phil/Dolan decide on however, but what Masai does. The amount of times he's said the word "continuity" in the past 3 months should send shivers down the spines of everyone who wants steps forward for this franchise.

Comment

Point also being though after Okafor and Towns these guys aren't projected franchise guys. Big maybes, will they be all stars, role players or busts? You definitely don't give up present and future to get the #4 pick in 2015.
                    Ok, I'll agree with you that my first trade proposal was giving up way too much.

I'd revise it closer to Matt/McHappy's trade except with Lowry + Raps 20th for Jose + Knicks 4th. Matt's always looking for the first opportunity to run DD out of town, lol. But as other suggest, the market and trading window for Lowry might be smaller than DD, so moving Lowry would be the first priority. Lowry's trade value has surely peaked, but as a second option to Melo, and somebody the Knicks can trot out to the fans as "the reigning ECF All-Star starting PG", that might be good enough for PJax, with Melo's window closing quickly.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      Mudiay and Russell are projected franchise guys as well by most. The difference is only that franchise bigs are rarer than franchise wings/PGs.
                      I think you and I have differing opinions on the term "franchise". The knicks were pretty distraught they ended up with pick 4. And how come every mock draft has picks 3-8 varyinng wildly? If these guys were true game changers wouldn't the top 4 be set in stone?

I know everyonne gets all excited every draft and wants to get in on the party, but there's a very reasonable chance knicks 2016 pick is just as good as this years knicks #4

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Ok, I'll agree with you that my first trade proposal was giving up way too much.

I'd revise it closer to Matt/McHappy's trade except with Lowry + Raps 20th for Jose + Knicks 4th.
                        No way this will get it done. The difference between Jose and KL , will all his history and what he can do for NY, is not worth 16 difference between the picks. Noway !!!

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          No way this will get it done. The difference between Jose and KL , will all his history and what he can do for NY, is not worth 16 difference between the picks. Noway !!!
                          Not when you're the sixers. When you're the new york knicks however, its very possible. Carmelo anthony, aging and expensive. Front office, questionable at best. You get lowry and know you can sign an aldridge and be back in east contention. Knicks don't rebuild, they sign.

Also, the chasm between lowry and calderon has gotten a lot bigger since the two were teammates. At this point in calderons career he's a pass first catch and shoot BACKUP pg in every sense of the word. He was a bad defender in his prime. Now he moves like shaq on a treadmill(sloooow)

Comment

I think you and I have differing opinions on the term "franchise". The knicks were pretty distraught they ended up with pick 4.
                            Well, yeah. The Knicks have a franchise wing already. They needed a franchise big.

Comment

• Via twitter, David Thorpe:

When I hear this is a "4 player draft", I think Nurkic, Capella, Antetokounmpo, Gobert, Drummond, Dray Green, K Thompson, K Leonard, etc.

Comment

Via twitter, David Thorpe:

When I hear this is a "4 player draft", I think Nurkic, Capella, Antetokounmpo, Gobert, Drummond, Dray Green, K Thompson, K Leonard, etc.
                                This is why I would really like to avoid trading up, and rather focus on moving existing pieces to acquire extra picks rather than moving up at cost of our own. Multiple kicks at the can is what you want, ideally.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X