HORNS Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    As a perfect example of how ISO ball doesn't work in the playoffs, just look at our playoff OFF EFF, where we were the second worst playoff team, with an embarrassing 95.4, only Milwaukee was worse. For comparison, in the regular season, only one team had a OFF EFF lower than 95.4, and that was Philly.
    Almost impossible to say what that would have looked like with a 100% Lowry.

I'm not convinced it gets any worse come playoffs. Historically, i'd wonder if there's a bigger drop from regular season to playoff for more iso heavy teams.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      Almost impossible to say what that would have looked like with a 100% Lowry.

I'm not convinced it gets any worse come playoffs. Historically, i'd wonder if there's a bigger drop from regular season to playoff for more iso heavy teams.
      Historically, ISO heavy teams have a superstar that deserves to get ISO looks, like Kobe or Lebron or MJ. We don't have anyone deserving of ISO sets.

Comment

Historically, ISO heavy teams have a superstar that deserves to get ISO looks, like Kobe or Lebron or MJ. We don't have anyone deserving of ISO sets.
        Ok but that shouldn't matter when you're looking at the difference between regular season and playoffs. Because the superstar was on the team for both.
        "Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Ok but that shouldn't matter when you're looking at the difference between regular season and playoffs. Because the superstar was on the team for both.
          Maybe I'm confused as to what the question is. I bet the historical ISO teams didn't have much if any drop off in the playoffs. But that's more a function of their ISO still being effective since its run through a superstar. A similar team to our ISO would be 2007 ish Hawks, who ran Joe Johnson ISO all the time, and it worked in the regular season, but got shut down in the playoffs.

Comment

Maybe I'm confused as to what the question is. I bet the historical ISO teams didn't have much if any drop off in the playoffs. But that's more a function of their ISO still being effective since its run through a superstar. A similar team to our ISO would be 2007 ish Hawks, who ran Joe Johnson ISO all the time, and it worked in the regular season, but got shut down in the playoffs.
            But I'm not sure that makes sense. So teams that run iso with superstars are exactly as effective in the regular season as in the playoffs, but teams with worse stars are effective in the regular season but not the playoffs?

Any kind of locking down options /putting your best defenders on them would occur to both types of teams, so should see a difference in the same direction, but probably magnified for worse teams.

It's like a control.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

All indicators point to the Raps not having an analytic or team or simply ignores it.
              I got a lot of crap for saying the raps would fail cause they don't play right (we were 24-7) and got called a sht head.

Those are basic stats which can tell you who will fail in the playoffs (1. DEFENSE).
              The assist ratio is a good indicator of how big of a drop off your offense will take in a playoff set.
              We don't turn the ball over CAUSE WE DO NOT PASS and our pace is slow, very simple.
              But to me, a BAD SHOT = TURNOVER, but that's just me.

Offense thrives on open shots; which you generate with movements. Ideally, at the rim or behind the arc (check out Hou shot charts).

Anyways, let's just say we HAVE SYSTEMIC ISSUES and our management hasn't been able to FIX THEM YET.

From looking at Hollingers stats, the best predictor of success seems to be EFF FG% which the Raptors come in 8th. To show how unbalanced and vulnerable our offense is, I look to AST Ratio, in which the Raptors were an embarrassing 22nd in the NBA.

One stat that certainly does not predict success is Turnover ratio, in which Charlotte led the league, Toronto was 4th, the Lakers were 5th and Detroit was 6th. So maybe our idiot analytic staff shouldn't have made that a focus.

Comment

Working...
              X