The Raptors are NOT young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I have been pro-tank since Bosh left. The two biggest disappointments for me in the last five years (teambuilding-wise) were when Drummond dropped into our lap and we picked Ross, and the slow dawning realization that Masai was not going to tank. The first was an absolute gift despite our broken tank, the second was a huge opportunity squandered. Literally everyone was on board. A five year mandate. A strong sophomore in Val to build around. A clean slate, a new era. And then..... this.
    I agree ... If we are going to tank, we have to have a GM who can value talents be it top 10, be it in late first round and be it in the 2nd round. It is essential that we do not waste picks. Then we have to have a coaching staff that can develop these players.

To be honest, I have zero trust on both MU and Casey to make the right decision during the tanking.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      Oh I do agree that he's the most dominant player in the game. I just don't think that will be enough to beat GS.
      It should be an interesting matchup. I think Draymond/Iggy/Klay will cover Lebron, but Tristan will eat Barnes on the boards. Shumpert is a pretty good defender, I look forward for the Curry-Kyrie matchup if Kyrie recovers in time. Then you also have the Bogut-Mozgov matchup and the Livingstone-JR matchup.

The x-factor now is that Lebron now knows how to win, now that he has 2 rings.

I'm still not counting out Houston in the west, but the Hawks are done.

Comment

You guys just want to keep losing. Losing is the biggest reason we don't attract free agents. The organization is trying to build a culture of winning. It makes no sense to start tearing apart a team that is actually competitive. Did they regress this year? Yes. So you make some changes. We have 3 first round draft picks in the next two years, we have a ton of cap flexibility, and we have tradable assets. We have a solid core of players who enjoy being in Toronto and work their asses off. I'm not interested in rebuild after rebuild, I want to actually watch a winning team. Championships will come when the organization starts getting respect from the league. Right now we are just a losing organization.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          You guys just want to keep losing. Losing is the biggest reason we don't attract free agents. The organization is trying to build a culture of winning. It makes no sense to start tearing apart a team that is actually competitive. Did they regress this year? Yes. So you make some changes. We have 3 first round draft picks in the next two years, we have a ton of cap flexibility, and we have tradable assets. We have a solid core of players who enjoy being in Toronto and work their asses off. I'm not interested in rebuild after rebuild, I want to actually watch a winning team. Championships will come when the organization starts getting respect from the league. Right now we are just a losing organization.
          Is it bad that ienjoyed watching teams like orlando and Minnesota more than the raptors last year?? They werent good, but they were fun.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Is it bad that ienjoyed watching teams like orlando and Minnesota more than the raptors last year?? They werent good, but they were fun.
            Wowza.

This is EXACTLY what i'm saying lol. Raptors made the plyoffs back to back year. Won the division 2 straight year. 48 wins last year. 49 this year. And you enjoyed watching teams like Minny ORL, you know lottery teams play more than the Raptors?

#LosersMentality #RaptorsFansMentality

Saints91 gets it.

"You guys just want to keep losing. Losing is the biggest reason we don't attract free agents. The organization is trying to build a culture of winning. It makes no sense to start tearing apart a team that is actually competitive."

"Championships will come when the organization starts getting respect from the league. Right now we are just a losing organization."

Key word is respect. This team still don't get any respect south of the border. Why? because they're the Raptors. Because they have a long histroy of losing. Now that they have a little momentum on their side making the playoffs/winning the division back to back year. Y'all want the team to tank? sigh. The Sixers have been tanking for 3 years now and they're still tanking. Guess what? they'll be back in the lottery next year.

Building a winning environment to me is the most important thing specially if you have a long history of losing like the Raptors. Forget about championships. BUILD A WINNING ENVIRONMENT FIRST.If you do that, your luck will turn around, free agents will come, respect will come, after that that's where you start talking championships.

Tanking is NOT the answer. It would just make things worse.
            Last edited by The Great One; Sat May 23, 2015, 05:57 PM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

No. No we don't. We keep losing because we roll out wings who can't shoot and PF's who can't rebound, and bench players who chuck more than the chuck wagon...

Our core is garbage. JV is the only one worth building around, and Bruno if he puts all those tools together.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Wowza.

This is EXACTLY what i'm saying lol. Raptors made the plyoffs back to back year. Won the division 2 straight year. 48 wins last year. 49 this year. And you enjoyed watching teams like Minny ORL, you know lottery teams play more than the Raptors?

Saints91 gets it.

"You guys just want to keep losing. Losing is the biggest reason we don't attract free agents. The organization is trying to build a culture of winning. It makes no sense to start tearing apart a team that is actually competitive."

"Championships will come when the organization starts getting respect from the league. Right now we are just a losing organization."

Key word is respect. This team still don't get any respect south of the border. Why? because they're the Raptors. Because they have a long histroy of losing. Now that they have a little momentum on their side making the playoffs/winning the division back to back year. Y'all want the team to tank? sigh. The Sixers have been tanking for 3 years now and they're still tanking. Guess what? they'll be back in the lottery next year.

Building a winning environment to me is the most important thing specially if you have a long history of losing like the Raptors. Forget about championships. BUILD A WINNING ENVIRONMENT FIRST.If you do that, your luck will turn around, free agents will come, respect will come, after that that's where you start talking championships.

We aren't, and won't win in the future because we don't have the talent nor the system that people want to play in. People don't know what to think of the Raps, unlike Por/Mem/GS/ATL/Wash/etc....they all have a defined identity.

The Raps are the Locats of the North. To change that we need talent (like how VC made us relevant), and that is happening via the draft because our assets aren't worth enough to get us that talent right now, and nobody is coming in FA like you said because we suck monkey nuts

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Wowza.

Saints91 gets it.

What winning environment are you taking about?

The back to back franchise records? Still haven't won 50 games , still haven't won a 7 game series, still don't play any defense. This team is just like all the other teams stuck in mediocrity. This core isn't winning shit, this team isn't winning a damn thing with DeMar Derozan and Kyle Lowry being your top 2 options.

What free agents want to come to a team that's a 2nd round fodder at best?

Who respects teams that play no defense and beat up on the weak eastern conference to then only be exposed in the playoffs?
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

My guess is most wanting to build around this current core either weren't following the raptors on the last back to back playoff appearances or were about 11/12 years old if not younger.

We will see what masai does but as a raptor fan I have been down this road before and I've seen it with a number of teams throughout the league.

The raptors are not currently on the path to greatness - let alone contention.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      What winning environment are you taking about?

The back to back franchise records? Still haven't won 50 games , still haven't won a 7 game series, still don't play any defense. This team is just like all the other teams stuck in mediocrity. This core isn't winning shit, this team isn't winning a damn thing with DeMar Derozan and Kyle Lowry being your top 2 options.

What free agents want to come to a team that's a 2nd round fodder at best?

Who respects teams that play no defense and beat up on the weak eastern conference to then only be exposed in the playoffs?
                      You're not a real fan

/jk

#TellEm

Comment

The Raptors are NOT young

Many Raptors fans on RR do seem to have a loser's mentality.

Championship or tank.....no middleocrity.... I mean mediocrity.

People are just too impatient and don't want to go through the process unless it's the draft process.

Some people are waiting on Bruno lol

Edit:

To each his/her own. I believe we can add and subtract and have a better team. Still too early to throw grenades.

Funny thing is its the same people saying the same things. This is really just regurgitation. Check the tanking thread if it's still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by special1; Sat May 23, 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

The past 2 seasons wouldn't feel wasted if the success was sustainable, and had the capacity to grow.

The team can't continue to pin their hopes on Lowry playing consistently throughout the entire season. DeRozan isn't capable of carrying a team, and that isn't a knock on him. JV wasn't able to have a significant increase in his offensive production because he didn't get the ball, due to the same mistakes he wasn't allowed to play through in his first 2 years in the league.

The Raptors current core won't be winning anything significant, let alone get past the first or second round. Is a team that can only win a few playoff games each post season considered to have a winning culture? If so, great, the 'winning culture' will be able to lure better players to the team. But that seems really unlikely to me.
                          OG is our king

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                            Many Raptors fans on RR do seem to have a loser's mentality.

Championship or tank.....no middleocrity.... I mean mediocrity.

People are just too impatient and don't want to go through the process unless it's the draft process.

Some people are waiting on Bruno lol

Edit:

To each his/her own. I believe we can add and subtract and have a better team. Still too early to throw grenades.

Funny thing is its the same people saying the same things. This is really just regurgitation. Check the tanking thread if it's still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            There is more hope waiting on Bruno than relying on DD/Lowry

Comment

Listen I've been a fan since 2003 and a die hard fan. I was a Knicks fan prior to Isiah ruining my team, but I've always kept a close eye on the Raptors. Honestly our history is pathetic, and it's because of the constant rebuilds. It's time to stick with something instead of trying to create a new identity and getting younger.

We can all throw out insults as to who is a true fan, but that's just a childish and a waste of time. I want to see my team play in the playoffs. I have faith that big changes are afoot this offseason. I personally think this team is on the right track. All of you were on a high last year, and it's just hilarious to see the doom and gloom around here. This team ran into injuries, and lost track of the successful things they were doing the year before. I have faith in this management group that they will make the right adjustments.

Comment

Listen I've been a fan since 2003 and a die hard fan. I was a Knicks fan prior to Isiah ruining my team, but I've always kept a close eye on the Raptors. Honestly our history is pathetic, and it's because of the constant rebuilds. It's time to stick with something instead of trying to create a new identity and getting younger.

We can all throw out insults as to who is a true fan, but that's just a childish and a waste of time. I want to see my team play in the playoffs. I have faith that big changes are afoot this offseason. I personally think this team is on the right track. All of you were on a high last year, and it's just hilarious to see the doom and gloom around here. This team ran into injuries, and lost track of the successful things they were doing the year before. I have faith in this management group that they will make the right adjustments.
                                You only stick with something that has a chance to win.

This group doesn't have a chance to win - they've shown that the last 2 playoffs.

The longer you stick with this group the longer the climb back.

Being a Raptor fan since 2003 only illustrates my point. You've experienced playoffs in only 2007, 2008, 2013, and 2014. Continuing to stick with this group is likely only to ensure another 5 year playoff lapse sooner than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X