Towns or Okafor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towns or Okafor?

If you're the Wolves, who'd you take 1st overall??

I read that Flip Saunders loves Okafor. I think Towns is the better player personally, higher upside. Okafor i think is more NBA ready. This is like Wiggins and Parker all over again.
    Mamba Mentality

I'd take Okafor since Wolves already have Dieng as the defensive big. Okafor has a solid post up game, which is now overlooked since the game is now perimeter based but still essential for success. That lineup of Rubio, Mohammed/Lavigne, Wiggins, Dieng and Okafor looks very promising!

Comment

Towns. All day, every day.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        I'd take Okafor since Wolves already have Dieng as the defensive big. Okafor has a solid post up game, which is now overlooked since the game is now perimeter based but still essential for success. That lineup of Rubio, Mohammed/Lavigne, Wiggins, Dieng and Okafor looks very promising!
        Dieng is no defensive big. JV schooled that boy inside when the Raps played the Wolves this past season.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Towns easily!!!

2 huge things Okafor cannot do and Towns does

1. Shoot free throws
          2. Play defense

I just don't see how in the world Okafor can ply crunch minutes when he can't shoot free throws or defend P'n'r's or the rim.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Dieng is no defensive big. JV schooled that boy inside when the Raps played the Wolves this past season.
            JV also schooled Drummond in their meetings. Does that make Drummond not a defensive big?

Comment

JV also schooled Drummond in their meetings. Does that make Drummond not a defensive big?
              Will right now Drummond is not a good defender
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Towns. All day, every day.
                I agree the knock on towns is that he is not as NBA ready as oak but the wolves are clearly patiently going with youth and can wait for that all round game to develope where the laker's are in a more win now situation with pressure of playing in a major market

Comment

Defense is overrated. Just kidding....

I like Okafor because he is like the James Harden of centers. He will score, score, score, and grab a few rebounds and rest up on the defensive side so he can score more.

Towns does everything pretty well but just isn't as exciting as watching Okafor.

Comment

Nope. Drummond is no defensive big lol. He's an athletic freak though!
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Nope. Drummond is no defensive big lol. He's an athletic freak though!
                      Fair point. But I see him heading the direction of a defensive big like a Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan unless he develops his game. How about Gobert?

Comment

Towns.

Comment

Working...
                        X