What will be MU's next move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshiem wrote: View Post
    Being my first post and everything on the RR forums. My theory is that ujiri is keeping casey only to remove the doubt around the league that his team is looking for a new coach. Now why I say this is because ujiri is waiting on the bulls to release him, but they will only do so when all open coaching vacancies are filled. So once those positions fill up, he could either demote dwane casey to assistant coach and take tom sterner former post (if that is possible) or jus simply fire him. Then thibodeau is brought in and fills the vacant assistant coaching positions with his guys. I could see him keeping nick nurse, as he had the 3rd best offensive rating in the league as I recall.

Once the HC is setup I could see this happening
    - trade up in the draft by trading derozan and other assets to New York or LA for one of those top 5 picks
    - pry jimmy butler away from the bulls w/ a max contract (I'm not to familiar with how RFA works, so correct me if I'm wrong)
    Welcome and nice first post. Great avatar too! The same thought crossed my mind about the head coaching spot.

As for the other moves, I think Kupchak is more likely to just go after DeRozan next summer in free agency if he wants him. Also, the Bulls can match any offer and keep Butler, so he isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Come on Casey...come on Casey....come on Casey...

I feel absolutely horrible that I actually want any human being to get fired this badly.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Thibs!
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Thibs!
          The front office in Chicago has got to be the most mean spirited I've seen in a long time.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if they were only saying they were keeping Casey until Chicago officially released Thibs. I wanted Thibs even more after I read a Grantland article that also highlighted how great of a fit he'd be for Toronto.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I don't think Masai will decide what is going to happen before testing the market. I think his mindset is to pursue any trade that will help long term, but he won't force anything unless the trade is beneficial. He might have in mind to trade Lowry and Ross, and sign a obtain a new PF to replace Amir, but whether or not he makes a move depends on what trades / free agents are available.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              The front office in Chicago has got to be the most mean spirited I've seen in a long time.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if they were only saying they were keeping Casey until Chicago officially released Thibs. I wanted Thibs even more after I read a Grantland article that also highlighted how great of a fit he'd be for Toronto.
              link?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• interesting that while assistant coaches have been fired no one's been hired. yet.

CEEZ' GUESS ABOUT THE FUTURE:

Masai is waiting to see who's available, make a move, if move doesn't work out then Nick Nurse is your HC for the 2015 season. It has been fortold.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  link?
                  https://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...ippers-lakers/
                  I'll also quote the part pertaining to the Raptors:

Toronto Raptors

In the pre-Drake dark age of 2010-11, the Raptors were the very worst defensive team in the league, giving up 110 points per 100 possessions. That is a lot. Then the pre-Drakes plucked Dwane Casey from Rick Carlisle’s suddenly ripened coaching tree. In Casey’s first season, the Raps jumped 18 spots to post a 101.5 defensive rating, good for 12th best in the league, one spot under the mighty San Antonio Spurs.

Masai Ujiri then arrived in 2013 and immediately made his mark by foisting Andrea Bargnani’s lumbering, soul-dead, 1,000-yard bench stare on a swinging-for-the-fences-in-the-office-softball-league New York Knicks. A deal so bad that even now no current or former Knicks executive has copped to signing off on it.1 Plans for an Ujiri commemorative plaque were launched after he shipped Rudy Gay to Sacramento. Those plans were upgraded to a full-on bronze statue once Ujiri, channeling Funkmaster Flex, screamed “FUCK BROOKLYN” to the delirious crowds gathered in Maple Leaf Square before a playoff game against the Nets.

Now, the Raptors are scuffling. They’ve lost seven of their last 10, their 104.6 defensive rating has them squarely in the bottom third of the league, Casey is making cryptic comments about agendas, and the ever-even-keel Raptors fans have about-faced from “WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT HOW AWESOME WE ARE?” to “WHY DO WE SUCKKKK???”

BAH GAWD, IS THAT THIBS’S MUSIC?

The Raptors trade: Landry Fields, a shout-out on the next Drake track, the secret recording of James Dolan saying, “OK, let’s do the deal.”

Comment

• stacking on DLeague players so we can tank
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

stacking on DLeague players so we can tank
                      I honestly like this a lot. Minus the tank part.

Comment

• Welp Thibs just got fired
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            https://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...ippers-lakers/
                            I'll also quote the part pertaining to the Raptors:
                            thanks
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Next move is to sign Thibs! I wanna smoke butts and have a beer with that guy!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post

What a shocker
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X