Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know how you reach that interpretation. Derrick Rose has really barely played over Butler's career. If anything, Rose has been hobbled so much that they were forced to increase Butler's load faster than anyone would have ever predicted given Butler was drafted 100% because of his D. Rose has played 39, 0, 10 and 51 games over the 4 previous seasons. In that time, Butler went from last option to first on the perimeter. That's a pretty quick evolution. Now lets also consider Butler's actual timeline for developing skills.
    -He had no serviceable offensive game by NBA standards in his rookie year.
    -They made him work on his shooting for his 2nd season. Makes sense. Make sure he can at least be a functional part of a team offence. Still didn't have skills to be more than a 3 and D guy. Rose was out this entire season and he kept this secondary offensive role.
    -Third season he was thrust into situations to do more with the ball. His efficiency took a hit and he struggled adapting to bigger role. He looked a long ways away from being an efficient 20pt scorer.
    -Fourth season took a massive leap forward, going from inefficient in a bigger role to being able to carry a major load as a key piece in an offence.

Really, that's a very quick development curve. I don't see him ever working to be "second fiddle". I see them starting with fundamental skills like shooting to make sure he'd at least be serviceable, rather than go straight to funneling an offence through a guy who can't really score in any reliable way yet by NBA standards.

*I mean really his development has been astonishing.
    Yeah his development has been amazing, no contention there. Quite the opposite - I said he'd be even further ahead without Rose, if he had been the focal point since the start (or nearly). Butler has stepped up and played a lot of his best basketball when Rose has been out. That's been for 30-50 games a year, as " the man" instead of up to 82.

This has always been Rose's team - his usg has doubled Butler's in the past, and they're equal this season for the first time ever. Butler's been a second fiddle, which isn't even a debate, the debate in Chicago for several seasons has been whether or not they should just forget about waiting on Rose and move on with Butler.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Who is this guy? He's brought kyle like 30000 retweet today and counting. And most of the people aren't even nba fans they just want a shiny new phone. Brilliant!
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Who is this guy? He's brought kyle like 30000 retweet today and counting. And most of the people aren't even nba fans they just want a shiny new phone. Brilliant!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/unboxtherapy

He's youtuber

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Someone get this man some Raptors tickets.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              I'm going to the Rising Stars event.
              Nice. I'm going to the Celeb game and all star Saturday.

Comment

• anyone know how the retweets work... i'm confused as hell

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  anyone know how the retweets work... i'm confused as hell
                  You click on retweet. It usually works.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    You click on retweet. It usually works.
                    With regards to the voting. If the original tweet doesn't count, does the retweet count?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                      With regards to the voting. If the original tweet doesn't count, does the retweet count?
                      No as Bieber proved last year.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• ESPN article just came out about that tweet

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...?ex_cid=espnfb

Seems a bit strange that no one is 100% sure what does and doesn't count as a vote though...

Comment

• Im just retweeting every vote i see for Lowry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Keep retweeting

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• The mentions for Lowry and Derozan are crazy. 12000 and 18000 respectively. Kyrie isn't on the top 10 , we have a chance here.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                Im just retweeting every vote i see for Lowry

Hmm...good idea...now I just need to create a twitter account

Comment

Working...
                                X