NBA Final 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Final 2015

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors. Former MVP vs MVP. Two rookie coaches. Discuss.

Bookies say Warriors are favs to win the ring. 2/5 (-250 american) odds

I'll be surprised if it goes 5 games.

I can't see how the Cavs win a single game.

The two keys for the Cavs against the Hawks was their ability to get O-boards (mostly Tristan Thompson), and hot shooting from Delly, JR, Shump from three (poor wing defense).

Bogut is bigger and a more dominant rebounder than a banged up Horford or Millsap, and Draymond Green will battle Tristan hard.

Although the Cavs will still have an O-board rebounding edge, it won't be as great as it was against Atlanta. Also GS is a much better transition team and there will be possessions where the going for O-boards hurts the Cavs on the defensive end.

More importantly, is that the Warriors have LOTS of decent-to-good wing defenders (who make it work on the offensive end). This means that it is very unlikely that they'll have to double Lebron. You cannot beat Lebron with double teams, he's too big too strong and too good of a passer. You have to let him beat you one-on-one (seems crazy, but I'm convinced this is the key if you want to beat him). GS has enough players to guard him one-on-one and spread the coverage around so he isn't always guarded by the same guy. You have the ability to switch pretty much whenever you want, which is handy because LBJ loves his PnRs. With multiple good wing defenders his kickouts are less likely to find a guy whose wide open, and it's less likely they'll be able to take over games. I just don't see JR hitting six threes a game being guarded by Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson/Iggy or Draymond Green. How do the Cavs score with Lebron on the bench? Anything that Irving gets is going to be matched or outdone by Curry, unless Lebron guards him all game, which I doubt Lebron is willing to do.

The only way Cleveland has a shot is to get Draymond in early foul trouble (or hopefully ejected by arguing with refs). That takes away on of their best wing defenders and rebounders. But that's not something that's going to happen in every game. If everything breaks right I see the Cavs winning one game. The only scenario (ruling out serious injuries, which could happen) I see the Cavs winning more than one game is if Irving is ungodly, but even then, I don't see it. If the Warriors get out in transition and make open threes we could see the highest point diff in a finals. The Warriors are like an avalanche, once it starts to gain momentum it's nearly impossible to stop it.

Prediction: Warriors in 4.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I think it'll be pretty close to be honest. At least 6 games.

This is based on the possibility that guys like Dellavedova and Shumpert will give Curry and Thompson trouble on offense. I don't know who on GS can slow down LeBron either. Maybe they put Draymond Green on him. Thompson or Barnes can't slow him down that much, and Iguodala is getting up there in years.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs end up folding to the Warriors without much resistance. Ya never know.
      OG is our king

Comment

Warriors in 5. This is the team of destiny.

Comment

Lebron single handily dominated the East.. and if I recall Cleveland beat GSW in the regular season. Klay is also suffering from concussion like symptoms and Curry got hurt in game 4.

I've never been a big fan of Lebron but I can't see him losing to an inexperienced team like the Warriors.

My prediction is Cavs in 6.

Comment

just heard that Klay was diagnosed with a concussion. Poor guy.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              just heard that Klay was diagnosed with a concussion. Poor guy.
              Damn. How long is he out for?
              OG is our king

Comment

LeBron in 7
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  Damn. How long is he out for?
                  No idea.. he needs to clear NBA concussion protocol. Concussions are tricky, it could take from couple days to months.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    No idea.. he needs to clear NBA concussion protocol. Concussions are tricky, it could take from couple days to months.
                    seem like Ariza is the MVP of the finals afterall

Comment

My brain would heal pretty quickly with this chick by my side:

Comment

soo Klay has been cleared to play in game 1 of the finals! 2 days to go! NBA FINAL 2015 bitches

Comment

Warriors in 6.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Its weird, I used to always cheer against Lebron, and now for some reason I find myself cheering for him.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Its weird, I used to always cheer against Lebron, and now for some reason I find myself cheering for him.
                              It's probably just pity because the Warriors are probably going to win quite handily.

I give it 5-6 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X