DeRozan for #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan for #5

Recently saw BleacherReport post a hypothetical trade between the Raps and Magic, DeRozan for #5 pick.
    Thoughts? I personally don't think the Magic would since they have no 3pt shooting and DeMar is hardly a sharpshooter.
    That said, I would be all for it and any other trade that nets a top 10 pick for Lowry or DeRozan.
    Any other potential trades anyone has seen floating around that intrigue them?

Btw, if you're one of those posted that is completely against trading Lowry or DeRozan, please don't post here.

JoeG15 wrote: View Post
    Recently saw BleacherReport post a hypothetical trade between the Raps and Magic, DeRozan for #5 pick.
    Thoughts? I personally don't think the Magic would since they have no 3pt shooting and DeMar is hardly a sharpshooter.
    That said, I would be all for it and any other trade that nets a top 10 pick for Lowry or DeRozan.

Btw, if you're one of those posted that is completely against trading Lowry or DeRozan, please don't post here.
    I could definitely see Orlando wanting to deal the #5 pick for a more established player. They have an astounding 8 players still on their rookie deals next year, so I don't think they need to add yet another rookie, there isn't enough development time to go around. They could also use a vet whose got playoff and all star experience to help the rookies along. Frye and Vucevic are the only "vets" under contract with Orlando for next season, so adding a wing with some leadership would give them some more balance.

As for why they'd want Derozan, they don't have a true starting SG. Oladipo is a combo guard that leans more PG, and Fournier is a bench talent with bad defense(much worse than Derozan). Derozan's ability to play some SF gives Orlando the versatility to go with a Payton, Oladipo, Derozan lineup, assuming they let Harris go (possible). A lot of the SG minutes in Orlando were taken up by Willie Green and Ben Gordon, who will both be gone, and Derozan is a big upgrade over either of those guys.

We could probably get them to throw in Nicholson since he's buried on their depth chart behind Frye and Gordon, though he doesn't really move the needle for me, I'm just assuming Orlando would want to send out some salary.

Would I do Derozan for #5 and Nicholson? Yes, that is absolutely the kind of deal I'd want for Derozan.

Comment

All of the imaginary trades in that article are pretty ridiculous.
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-draft/page/6

Trade #2) #2 & J. Randle for Melo
      Trade #3) #3 for Ty Lawson & Chandler
      Trade #4) #4 for Embiid
      Trade #5) #5 for DeRozan

I mean, the DeRozan one might actually be the least crazy imaginary trade of the lot which is saying something. Their rationale is playing him at SF and not having to overpay to keep Tobias Harris - which is decent logic - except like we all know here, you'll need to pay DD soon enough.

My point is that I would not label that a potential trade just because someone blogged about it. There are plenty of those types of trades on the forums here already. And some are more carefully thought-out than that one.
      Last edited by Mess; Sun May 31, 2015, 11:23 AM.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Derozan & Ross for #5, Nicholson and S &T Harris....Thats a fair deal with Orlando..

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          All of the imaginary trades in that article are pretty ridiculous.
          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-draft/page/6

Trade #2) #2 & J. Randle for Melo
          Trade #3) #3 for Ty Lawson & Chandler
          Trade #4) #4 for Embiid
          Trade #5) #5 for DeRozan

I mean, the DeRozan one might actually be the least crazy imaginary trade of the lot which is saying something.

My point is that I would not label that a potential trade just because someone blogged about it. There are plenty of those types of trades on the forums here already. And some are more carefully thought-out than that one.
          Eh, forgot that article, it served its purpose of providing another possible suitor for a Derozan trade. Does it make sense for both sides? I'd say it does, and that's more important than how crappy a site bleacher report is.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            Derozan & Ross for #5, Nicholson and S &T Harris....Thats a fair deal with Orlando..
            Is it ? Is DD agreeing to sign long term with Orlando. I love for someone to post this in Orlando fan page and see what they say

Comment

So basically same as what I was thinking, but throw in Ross and go for the sign and trade for Harris. There are a few possible options with Orlando, not a bad trade partner.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                Is it ? Is DD agreeing to sign long term with Orlando. I love for someone to post this in Orlando fan page and see what they say
                Just assume DD would agree to stay long term wherever we send him. He seems like a loyal guy and if that team tells him they really want him and will pay him the money he wants, I don't see any reason he would leave. Orlando would be a great situation for Derozan, pairing up with Vucevic and Frye and leading a bunch of talented young guys. It would be fun to hear some Orlando fans thoughts on trading the pick.

Comment

considering Harris is open about leaving Orlando, getting a young All-Star in DD & a young starter in Ross for a departing RFA, a bench scrub in their current lineup and a lottery pick is something they should consider at least...but yea thats a good idea...would love to see Orlando's fans response to the Idea of getting DeRozan
                  Last edited by RepTdot; Sun May 31, 2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

considering Harris is open about leaving Orlando, getting a young All-Star in DD & a young starter in Ross for a departing RFA, a bench scrub in their current lineup and a lottery pick is something they should consider at least...but yea thats a good idea...would love to see Orlando's fans response to the Idea of getting DeRozan
                    Getting DoRozan instead of drafting a true SF stud like Winslow? I'd be super pissed if I were them.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I dunno I don't think they're TOO nuts.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

JoeG15 wrote: View Post

Yeah i woudl do that trade. Draft Winslow or Hezonja #5.

I don't think the Magic would do it though.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Yeah i woudl do that trade. Draft Winslow or Hezonja #5.

I don't think the Magic would do it though.
                          Me too. I don't think Magic which is still rebuilding will be willing to give away that many young talents for DD. It just does not make sense to them.
                          Also, I don't think DD will agree to sign with them. This will be his first big FA in 2016 and he would be excited to test the market. Also, I think where he is in his career now and after being in 2 play off series, he would rather be somewhere that he can compete and not in a rebuild team like Magic.

So as much as it looks great for Toronto, I don't think it is possible.

Comment

Me too. I don't think Magic which is still rebuilding will be willing to give away that many young talents for DD. It just does not make sense to them.
                            Also, I don't think DD will agree to sign with them. This will be his first big FA in 2016 and he would be excited to test the market. Also, I think where he is in his career now and after being in 2 play off series, he would rather be somewhere that he can compete and not in a rebuild team like Magic.

So as much as it looks great for Toronto, I don't think it is possible.
                            It's all predicated on the Magic wanting to deal their pick. If they do, Derozan would be a nice return. They have 8 players on rookie deals so adding a seasoned vet with playoff experience is probably a higher priority than yet another rookie. On the flip side, I'd take Winslow over DD so maybe they just keep it.

Comment

Magic would rather have 2Pats and dump Fry. Dipo is more combo 2 than a 1 and Payton is a 1 and Fournier a 2. They need a stretch 4 but don't know if it is worth #5

Comment

Working...
                              X