Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demar Trade Options Your Thoughts (Front Page)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    Yeah but guys...all those Hotlanta strip clubs...am I right? /highfive
    The Cheetah in midtown Atlanta is one of my favorite strip clubs ever, second only to Scarlett's in Miami. I never saw any basketball players there, except for Barkely who lives there because of TNT gig. I did see John Mayer there once in VIP surrounded by about 30 strippers.

Comment

E. Gordon: No
      Evans: No
      Exum: Yes
      A. Gordon: No
      Batum: No
      MKG: Maybe
      Top 5 Pick: lolyes
      SAC Unprotected 2016: Probably, depending on offers
      Noel: Yes
      Lawson: No
      Lavine: lolnope

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        The Cheetah in midtown Atlanta is one of my favorite strip clubs ever, second only to Scarlett's in Miami. I never saw any basketball players there, except for Barkely who lives there because of TNT gig. I did see John Mayer there once in VIP surrounded by about 30 strippers.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted yet, it's a couple months old but it shows where DeRozan ranks amongst the least efficient players in the NBA. Apologies if it has been posted already.

http://basketball-players.pointafter...intafter#Intro
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            Not sure if this has been posted yet, it's a couple months old but it shows where DeRozan ranks amongst the least efficient players in the NBA. Apologies if it has been posted already.

http://basketball-players.pointafter...intafter#Intro
            Didn't see that before.

I can sincerely admit that I was shocked that Demar was #1 on that list (I knew he'd most likely be in the top 10 at least). I thought Kobe had that locked down this season. The bigger shock was how high Russell Westbrooke was.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Maybe it should be posted somewhere else then? There seems to be quite a bit of debate about DeRozan and his value to the team in other threads. People need to see this..
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                Didn't see that before.

I can sincerely admit that I was shocked that Demar was #1 on that list (I knew he'd most likely be in the top 10 at least). I thought Kobe had that locked down this season. The bigger shock was how high Russell Westbrooke was.
                Wasn't Gay just as bad under Casey.

Comment

E. Gordon: No
                  T. Evans: If it was 2010, yes.
                  D. Exum: No
                  A. Gordon: No
                  N. Batum: No
                  MKG: YES
                  Top 5 Pick: No
                  SAC Unprotected 2016: No
                  N. Noel: YES
                  T. Lawson: No
                  Z. Lavine: No

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Wasn't Gay just as bad under Casey.
                    He was. The issue when Gay was here was that both he and DeRozan were inefficient.

I really sincerely hope the people who were ragging on Gay realize that the issue wasn't him now.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He was. The issue when Gay was here was that both he and DeRozan were inefficient.

I really sincerely hope the people who were ragging on Gay realize that the issue wasn't him now.
                      Yet somehow we retained the same coach.

Comment

It was and it wasn't. In Toronto he was the #1 option (and he certainly wanted to be the #1 option) and he's a good player but doesn't have the talent to be a #1 option. Gay is a good complementary second-or-third guy, like DeMar is, and when he went to Sacramento where Boogie Cousins draws the most attention, because Boogie IS a star player, he feasted accordingly.

That's what happens when you have a true star player on your team, and the Raptors haven't had a true star player since Chris Bosh. I mean, fuck, even Bargnani's stats got a little better when he went to New York and Melo drew some attention away from him.

Similarly: if we trade DeMar to somewhere where a star player will take attention away from DeMar's game, he will thrive. Because that's how basketball works.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                          It was and it wasn't. In Toronto he was the #1 option (and he certainly wanted to be the #1 option) and he's a good player but doesn't have the talent to be a #1 option. Gay is a good complementary second-or-third guy, like DeMar is, and when he went to Sacramento where Boogie Cousins draws the most attention, because Boogie IS a star player, he feasted accordingly.

That's what happens when you have a true star player on your team, and the Raptors haven't had a true star player since Chris Bosh. I mean, fuck, even Bargnani's stats got a little better when he went to New York and Melo drew some attention away from him.

Similarly: if we trade DeMar to somewhere where a star player will take attention away from DeMar's game, he will thrive. Because that's how basketball works.
                          That's why I think Demar would be a nice fit in NY. With Melo taking the pressure off of him, and also spreading the floor, Demar would be able to maximize his game.

*(To rebut an argument I know is coming)
                          The reason we can't just keep him and do that here is because we can't magically add a player like Melo who commands doubles and spreads the floor.

Comment

New trade:

Kyle, JV, Ross, Knicks/Nuggets pick next year

For.....

BOOGIE
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              New trade:

Kyle, JV, Ross, Knicks/Nuggets pick next year

For.....

BOOGIE
                              I would certainly do that trade in a heartbeat. The Kings won't, though, because that's a boneheaded trade for them. Boogie made second-team all-NBA this year and it wasn't even a great year for him, because he's a star player.

Comment

Id prefer to get draft picks or wing players. Build on JV,draft picks and some young FA talent. Whatever happens with the Brazilians, if anything is a bonus, but im assuming both Bebe n Bruno wont amount to elite level players. Recent article by Blake Murphy illustrates how important draft picks are for the next couple of years. Honestly, it's the most blatant and logical step for a GM to take. Ill be disappointed if we dont get a top 10 draft pick this year via trade. It will signal years of mediocrity in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                                X