NBA.com's Raptors Pre-Draft Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    You go back to 2000, that's 15 drafts, and they've drafted 4 useful players (MoPete, Bosh, JV, Derozan).
    Useful players yes, but the Raptors managed to usually hit a double instead of a homerun or for a better word "THEY DIDN'T DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE TO THEM IN THEIR SPOT!

At the draft they drafted Mo Pete - they could have drafted Michael Redd.
    At the draft they drafted Chris Bosh - They could have drafted Dwayne Wade.
    At the draft they drafted Derozan - They could have drafted Jeff Teague.
    At the draft they drafted JV - They could have drafted K.Thompson, K Leonard or Jimmy Butler.

The Raptors need to hit a home run and don't you dare say its Bruno.

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        Hindsight is 20/20
        Yes but other teams have hit that home run due to scouting and some luck so its time for Toronto to do so as well.

Comment

Great advice.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            Fair analysis I'd say. Underlines are my own for emphasis... Xavier Thames? Damn .. Who? LOL

Still blows my mind we had a Top 3 offense this year ... certainly didn't feel like it at times.
            JV couldnt get a board in the Wizards series because he was always helping when Beal or Wall broke down our perimeter defense. JV isnt turning into Mutombo tomorrow, but we need better perimeter D. At 20, Id take RHJ. Can he be a Micheal Kidd Gilchrist for us, Id take that at 20 any day. Also, Id let Lou walk, call me crazy but Id rather use that money to sign two young free agents, like Cory Joseph and KJ McDaniels.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              Why would you run an offense to get Terrence Ross shots? That's like changing the global strategic direction of Imperial Oil so that the receptionist in Cairo is happy...
              Post of the week. You made my day.

Comment

IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
                JV couldnt get a board in the Wizards series because he was always helping when Beal or Wall broke down our perimeter defense. JV isnt turning into Mutombo tomorrow, but we need better perimeter D. At 20, Id take RHJ. Can he be a Micheal Kidd Gilchrist for us, Id take that at 20 any day. Also, Id let Lou walk, call me crazy but Id rather use that money to sign two young free agents, like Cory Joseph and KJ McDaniels.
                He averaged 9.3 per game in the series, 12.6 per 36 - both increases over his regular season totals. Amazing when you consider how well Washington was shooting the ball (and thus less defensive rebounds available).
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  He averaged 9.3 per game in the series, 12.6 per 36 - both increases over his regular season totals. Amazing when you consider how well Washington was shooting the ball (and thus less defensive rebounds available).
                  How dare you bring up the fact JV actually rebounded well in the playoffs. You're destroying Chr1s1anL's narrative.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    How dare you bring up the fact JV actually rebounded well in the playoffs. You're destroying Chr1s1anL's narrative.
                    "Where is your argument now Ch1s1anL?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Fair analysis I'd say. Underlines are my own for emphasis... Xavier Thames? Damn .. Who? LOL

Still blows my mind we had a Top 3 offense this year ... certainly didn't feel like it at times.
                      Might as well underline Bruno Caboclo too
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

I wasnt looking to cut up JV, quite the opposite, I wasnt trying to stick up for his performance. He needs players and coaches who trust in him more. Appreciate the stats though. TRADE LOWRY for a 1st MASAI please.

Comment

It was Patterson and Hansbrough who got absolutely demolished on the boards in the Wiz series. Both of their rebounding numbers were down significantly from the regular season, and 2Pat's a below average rebounder to begin with. In Casey's system, with all of that scrambling away from the rim using undersized bigs - something's gotta give. One of those system flaws is rebounding, which got exposed big time.

Comment

IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
                            I wasnt looking to cut up JV, quite the opposite, I wasnt trying to stick up for his performance. He needs players and coaches who trust in him more. Appreciate the stats though. TRADE LOWRY for a 1st MASAI please.
                            I wasn't suggesting you were cutting him up, just pointing out an error
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              It was Patterson and Hansbrough who got absolutely demolished on the boards in the Wiz series. Both of their rebounding numbers were down significantly from the regular season, and 2Pat's a below average rebounder to begin with. In Casey's system, with all of that scrambling away from the rim using undersized bigs - something's gotta give. One of those system flaws is rebounding, which got exposed big time.
                              In Hansbrough defence - and this is something I realized when Caccia pointed it out - he was often boxing out effectively, and leaving the rebound for a wing/guard.

Can't say the same for Patterson.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Post of the week. You made my day.
                                I second this,
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X