Toronto - OKC trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto - OKC trade

This obviously isn't one of those "aim for the moon" trade ideas that are all the rage these days. And it may have been posted already, but here it goes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p87vq6n

OKC would get GV. Arguably an upgrade over DJ Augustin and a buddy of Durant. Win/win for them.

Toronto gets McGary, Perry Jones (young, cheap assets & backups in their weakest positions) and DJ Augustin as filler/backup PG. McGary won't get minutes if they resign Kanter and PJ3 has never gotten minutes, likely justified.

Ideally this trade is expended/adjusted to get OKC's #14 pick as well. I'm not really sure if Ross alone is not enough/too much/just right for that pick (or the 4th & RR fav option: good riddance). The Thunder would likely have to pay Ross sooner than the #14 rookie but, I mean, he'd be a better fit than Dion Waiters....right? right? (can the Raptor fans here at least give him that much?)

Perhaps a pick swap instead and Toronto gets Lamb/Morrow or something.

Anyway, I think there could be a few options to alter the deal to include a pick or a pick swap.

But back to the original 4 player trade, while not exactly earth shattering or likely needle-nudging in the short term, it saves the Raps a tiny bit of money and if even one of MM or PJ3 develops into a role player/keeper then it's worth losing a season of GV. (Though I do like him and his cajones, but he's not luring KD here)
    Two beer away from being two beers away.
Working...
X