Live Concert thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Concert thread

Just got back from the Lana Del Rey concert this evening at the Molson Ampitheatre. My woman loves her and it was full of early 20's hotties, so needless to say, I had some good fun. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but it was a pretty cool experience when she came out.

I haven't been to too many live concerts in my life, but others include:
    Allman Brothers-2003-Molson Ampitheatre: Amazing first show. Smoked it all uh-up with the hippies.
    SARS-stock-2003-Downsview: AC/DC ripped it to shreds, didn't even stay for the Stones. This was where there was 1M patrons and JT had water bottles chucked at him
    Non-Phixion-2004ish-who knows where: I got booted very early on lol no recollection, no worries
    House of Pain-2010?-Sound Academy: They played with a live band, could've been much better with just DJ Lethal on the wheels of steel
    Juicy J-2013-Sound Academy: Wow, legend!
    Lana Del Rey-2015: Happy my woman had fun... I didn't slit my wrists
    Imagine Dragons w/Metric-July 4, 2015: Very excited about this one. More excited to see Metric to tell you the truth!

I'm sure I could go into more detail of the shits going down, and i may be missing a couple, but I'd like to hear some of your events and goings-on before I go into too much more.

What venues/concerts have you been to?
    Last edited by Mack North; Thu Jun 4, 2015, 01:37 AM.

I forgot Rihanna 2013-ACC: not ashamed or afraid to admit I love that bitch... unless I'm talking to my woman, then just her name alone is a no-no! Hahaha

FTR - I grew up listening to mainly West Coast and Down South rap music. Trying to broaden my horizon as I get older... I mainly listen to Fan590 in the car these days. It's just not the same being a mid-30's white boy listening to that junk bangin' in the ride these days lol

Comment

I've been to Tomorrowland 2014 in freaking Belgium, had a blast. Does it count as live concert?

Comment

I haven't been too many since nobody comes to the Maritimes but

Iron Maiden at the Bell Center, Dream Theatre opened so probably my favourite concert.

AC/DC in Moncton, Way better than I expected them to be

Metallica in Halifax, Hell of a show.

Also seen a lot of big name country artists just because they actually come to PEI, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Dwight Yoakem (lol), Dirks Bentley , Alabama, Rascal Flatts.

Comment

I've seen a lot of acts. Here are some that come to mind offhand:

Oh and I decided to turn this into a youtube video thread too.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            I've been to Tomorrowland 2014 in freaking Belgium, had a blast. Does it count as live concert?
            haaha nice... yea that counts. My woman dreams about going to that one, but since I no longer do the little happy pills, there's no way I'm travelling that far to listen to that stuff. In my hay-day I would've been all over that one, looks like a great time.

Comment

I had a chance to see Flo Rida one time and that would have been my first Rap concert but bailed on the idea when I found out it was taking place in a local sketchy bar where people had been stabbed and shot before outside. This was like five or six years ago before he really took off...

Comment

I actually don't mind Lana Del Rey. Specific time and place for those type of relaxing tunes, but shes super talented.

My top 5 shows I've been to would be...
                1. Foo Fighters (at Virgin Fest on Toronto Island)
                2. Oasis (the one where Noel Gallagher got knocked over by a fan and broke a rib)
                3. Blink-182 (Travis did a drum solo upside down ... was crazy..)
                4. System of a Down (Saw them in New York)
                5. Tom Green (the man knows how to entertain)

Comment

Would have loved to see Oasis... Especially seeing as they'll never get back together again with Noel.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Would have loved to see Oasis... Especially seeing as they'll never get back together again with Noel.
                    Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Forgerty and The Tragically Hip? You won't die with any regrets, I'm sure. Haha But Oasis was unreal.

Comment

If I can I'd like to see Noel's solo band. I think I'll pass on ever seeing Beady Eye (Oasis minus Noel and playing a bunch of crap songs).

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

An Oasis concert would be pretty amazing, but we've missed out Apollo lol... My cousin is a huge fan, he went to Noel's show in T.O. last month. Loved it.

Comment

Chris Young is my favourite country singer would love to see him eventually.

Another couple I should mention

The Hip
                          Burton Cummings
                          Our Lady Peace

Couple of my favourite metal bands, Opeth, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Black Label Society, Gwar
                          Mathew Good

Comment

The Hip are playing the Amphitheater July 1st ... Might just have to suck it up and go.

Anyone going to the Bestival on Toronto Island?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              The Hip are playing the Amphitheater July 1st ... Might just have to suck it up and go.

Anyone going to the Bestival on Toronto Island?
                              Whaa? Bestival in Canada? Shit must be expensive nah? I remember I paid nearly 200 quid last year in UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X