• Show
Clear All

• Trading up the draft

Raptors
    19th Overall Pick

Washington Wizards
    20th Overall Pick
    2016 second round pick
    Last edited by QuadrupleDouble; Mon Jun 8, 2015, 05:30 PM.

One space won't help. If we're going to trade up, it has to be in the top 10 for it to matter.

Comment

Might be a little bit off but how would this work for moving up:

Lowry + Valanciunas + protected (top 10) 2016 1st

for

Bennett + Martin + #1 (Minny)

Draft Karl Anthony-Towns.

Then trade DD + Patt + #20 for

J. Thompson + Carl Landry + Nik Stuaskas + #6 pick

Kinda realistic trades. Tank in 2016 and add 2 more top 10 picks (ours+Den/NYK). Would have to let everyone walk and it would kinda screw us cap wise for a year but we could probably move Kevin Martin at the trade deadline for some mid round picks and the rest can sit on the bench. When the cap goes up we should be ok. We will have tons of mid-level expiring contracts in the following year that we could possibly use

Thoughts??

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Might be a little bit off but how would this work for moving up:

Lowry + Valanciunas + protected (top 10) 2016 1st Derozan 20th

for

Bennett + Martin + #1 (Minny)
        Wiggins
        Draft Karl Anthony-Towns.

Then trade DD + Patt + #20 for

J. Thompson + Carl Landry + Nik Stuaskas + #6 pick

Kinda realistic trades. Tank in 2016 and add 2 more top 10 picks (ours+Den/NYK). Would have to let everyone walk and it would kinda screw us cap wise for a year but we could probably move Kevin Martin at the trade deadline for some mid round picks and the rest can sit on the bench. When the cap goes up we should be ok. We will have tons of mid-level expiring contracts in the following year that we could possibly use

Thoughts??
        I think minney would actually consider it strongly because the don't wanna rebuild

If this trade went down it would be so great
        The next year we draft Steph 2.0 or skal or chuck diallo
        I would be so happy I would be jumpin up and down like crazy I don't think i would ever stop being happy

Comment

We may have to take Pek back instead of Bennett+Martin but that might be ok... Pek is a bad basketball player but for Towns you bite the 12 mil bullet 10/10

Comment

Why would minny do this exactly? Their superstar is turning 20 this month?

Comment

Oops he turned 20 in february but anyway

Comment

^What does Wiggins age have to do with this? JV is still young and Lowry is a top PG in the east

Comment

^What does Wiggins age have to do with this? JV is still young and Lowry is a top PG in the east
                  I just don't see minny trading the #1 pick unless they are getting a precised top 10-12 player in the league, who is still relatively young. They only piece that MIGHT be on the table that fits the criteria(ish) is Boogie Cousins (probably plus something else) Towns and I don't see why you would turn that down unless you are getting a star in return.

Comment

We may have to take Pek back instead of Bennett+Martin but that might be ok... Pek is a bad basketball player but for Towns you bite the 12 mil bullet 10/10
                    I'd say he's a very good basketball player, but he's injured all the time.

Comment

I wouldn't trade no.1 if I were the Wolves. With Pekovic and Dieng, they are ok-ish at center, at least not bad enough to do something drastic for a middle of the pack center like Jonas. I like Lowry for them, but between age, mediocre season, injury problems throughout career, he's just also not sexy enough to trade the no.1 pick.

I think I'd do it for the Raptors, though.

I can't judge the Kings trade, because I don't know what they want to do. Would they really trade back for 2pat and pair DeMar with Gay? Hmm, maybe, it would be a bit hilarious, I don't know.

Generally I'm just not thinking about breaking up the team and trading into high lottery, because I don't think it's going to happen, so it's hard to readjust my brains and think about it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X