The Bargnani / Bosh Experiment is Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bargnani / Bosh Experiment is Over

Whether Bosh re-signs or not, I think it is safe to say that Bosh and Bargnani just don't do it together. It rested on their ability to play defence together, and they simply can't.

So, at least this is one good thing out of this loss. Although, I would prefer to keep Bosh of that tandem.

Agreed, they both need to play with someone that can rebound and play a very inside-oriented game. Bargs actually seemed to play fairly well with Amir these past two games, and just knowing he's going to have someone doing his dirty work seemed to take a lot of pressure off of him. Assuming Bosh is gone, Amir + another true post player may get the most out of Bargnani.

Comment

So long as Bargnani is half of the Raps big man equation, the Raptors will have massive problems.
      Last edited by Dave; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 05:38 AM.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

:/ i guess i waited long enough..........**wear raptors jersey** I guess i have to step up and become the franchise player....

back to topic:
        I think we should slow down the whole blowing up the roster again.....We should try the spurs way or the OKA ... get one missing piece/draft pick and team experience in result for next year we could be division leaders......while Boston is getting older and older

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
          :/ i guess i waited long enough..........**wear raptors jersey** I guess i have to step up and become the franchise player....

back to topic:
          I think we should slow down the whole blowing up the roster again.....We should try the spurs way or the OKA ... get one missing piece/draft pick and team experience in result for next year we could be division leaders......while Boston is getting older and older
          I would have to agree, I don't think we need to add another 9 new faces, maybe 1 or 2, a shot blocker and a decent wing defender would make a huge difference.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
            Whether Bosh re-signs or not, I think it is safe to say that Bosh and Bargnani just don't do it together. It rested on their ability to play defence together, and they simply can't.

So, at least this is one good thing out of this loss. Although, I would prefer to keep Bosh of that tandem.
            I think the only way this duo breaks up is if Bosh wants out. Bargnani isn't going anywhere. He's Colangelo's #1 overall pick and was just given $50M. The politics involved will keep him here alone.

Comment

Starting 5 in position players would be a fucking treat for this team.... and this fan.

Comment

Andrea is here to stay, the only one who can break this duo at this moment is Chris Bosh if he decides to leave. I don't understand why people believe that Andrea-Chris duo doesn't work, when Raptors biggest problem is at wing positions (Hedo&Belinelli were big disappointments, while Wright/Seems/DeRozan are nice role players but not starter caliber yet) ... the last thing Raptors need is yet another 9 faces next year, built a huge hole in the first part of the season when team is suppose to gel. If CB4 decides to stay, this team needs few tweaks:
                1. Replace the current head coach
                2. Trade Turk/Belinelli/Evans/(Banks or Calderon) and maybe Wright

Comment

if Bosh re-signs, i think it is under the condition that Andrea is either traded or comes off the bench. It is just a hunch though. BC will get the message that these two just can't protect the paint together.

Comment

Working...
                  X