We are not far from a finals appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not far from a finals appearance

The title speaks for itself, and i certainly believe its true simply because we are in the east. Take the hawks for example, many expected them to finish in the lower playoff seeds but surprised everyone with stellar play and team work. I think if derozan can continue to play how he did in the second half of the season combined with lowrys all star play and an improved JV, this team can still improve. Obviously, there is a lot of what ifs, but at the same time, when was tanking ever a sure thing? A lot of luck is into play, okc gsw, are just two of the few teams that got lucky with their draft success but what about teams like minny and clippers in the 2000s? They've had so many bad draft busts. It's not like our team is horrendous, yes we dissapointed in the second half of the season and in the playoffs but what we saw in the beginning in the season is a glimpse of what this team can do with the right pieces. I do agree changes have to be made but i believe in keeping the core and adding pieces to it to contend. I also think Masai would not tank because if it does not plan out, he will definitely lose his job. I know we have endured many losing seasons but championship teams arent built overnight i think as fans we just have to be patient and watch the team grow and develop. This is a different team from the bosh-era team because this team has so many young players that arent even in their prime yet, cap flexibility, and potential so i can trust that ujiri wont make the same mistake as bryan colangelo

Some People that should go:
    GV tops this list
    Ross
    Lowry (but not for the sake of just trading him, depends on who you can get)
    *dont know which points guard that are availble that are better than lowry though so probably will stay on the team

Few we should Keep
    Derozan
    JV
    Patterson

there are rumors about faried, not sure how he would fit with jv, would be nice to get him if ujiri can pull something magical again but i would prefer to have a post player like monroe
    Last edited by QuadrupleDouble; Sat Jun 13, 2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The Cavs are most likely not going anywhere, and most likely will get better.

The Hawks could catch fire again, dependent on FA.

Miami is dangerous if everyone's healthy (and they keep Dragic and Wade)

Washington should be just as good, if not better.

Chicago might be a bit worse, but still top 4 East.

Boston should grow more, and Stevens is a great coach.

Indiana has PG coming back, should be better.

Milwaukee should grow more.

Charlotte, Detroit, Brooklyn are all wild cards.

Philly, NY and Orlando won't bother anyone.

Given my optimistic outlook and the fact that the Atlantic will still be bad (Boston probably the only actual challengers), we should still get a Top 4 seed, but we need to do something to shake up this team or we aren't getting out of the first round.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I want what you're drinking.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

"We are not far from a finals appearance"

You watching this Cavs/Warriors series??
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

We are lightyears away from making the Finals. Have you lost your mind?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

With Casey as head coach, we're far away. Like Chile from Norway
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Hahahaha.

Good stuff.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

True, the Raptors aren't that far away. I mean, some of the finals games are being played in Cleveland, which is less than 500km from Toronto. While Detroit is closest to a finals game out of all 28 non-finals teams, we're next after Detroit, narrowly beating out Chicago and the LA area teams.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    True, the Raptors aren't that far away. I mean, some of the finals games are being played in Cleveland, which is less than 500km from Toronto. While Detroit is closest to a finals game out of all 28 non-finals teams, we're next after Detroit, narrowly beating out Chicago and the LA area teams.
                    Haha.

Comment

technically, most of the teams that make the playoff is 4 injuries away from winning the title, all you need is a bit of luck.

Comment

I completely agree, with this core no, but like u said, if we add a pf like milsap or monroe and trade ross for a decent sf, hire influential assitant coaches, we have a pretty solid team. Although, that would make a VERY busy offseason, these options are very possible. Raptors will probably have no problem getting a top 4 seed again but a team that looks like this:

Kyle Lowry
                        DeMar DeRozan
                        Jared Dudley?
                        Paul Milsap
                        Jonas Valanciunas

--> Offense will be potent.

Comment

I'll be happy if we can make it to the 2nd round.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                            Won't happen next season with Casey either. A mid-season coaching change might also knock them behind the Celtics in the division and Boston is barely a .500 team. MU screwed up next season

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                              I hope JV can develop quicker, our success will depend a lot on him my expectations for him next season are 15 and 9 maybe? hopefully casey doesnt pull him out of games again....

Comment

Working...
                              X