Has Everyone given up on DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Have you guys ever moticed that there has never been a lot of trade rumours about DD?

It seems like all of the good players 2nd tier guys generate some trade rumours as they are sought after by other fans.

Maybe the reason why we don't see much is he doesn't have much value around the league....

Food for thought
    I agree, and that is also why I don't think Derozan will command a $20M salary when he extends. $15M would be reasonable under the new cap. We all know his faults and weaknesses, and so does the rest of the league. But I also don't doubt there is a team out there that would trade for him given his current contract, but I don't imagine the return would be that great given it's just one year. Demar doesn't succeed in a free flowing on the fly type offence based around ISO play, put him in an actual system and I think he could thrive and be very valuable.

Comment

Have you guys ever moticed that there has never been a lot of trade rumours about DD?

It seems like all of the good players 2nd tier guys generate some trade rumours as they are sought after by other fans.

Maybe the reason why we don't see much is he doesn't have much value around the league....

Food for thought
      All of the good players are constantly in trade rumours except for DD therefore he doesn't have any value? What on earth are you talking about?

Comment

In order for DeMar to continue to get better he is going to have to play with better players that can show him how to get better. Its a mental & mentality type of thing, not any type of work ethic issues. He needs help in how he sees the floor aka court vision. And i think that with the pieces we have we are closer to the bottom than the top meaning we dont have the spare assets to really make a playoff run happen within the next 24 months. So for the sake of DeMar and the franchise it might be better to part ways with him now while he is still entering his prime to a team with players better than him who have some solid assets to move.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          All of the good players are constantly in trade rumours except for DD therefore he doesn't have any value? What on earth are you talking about?
          Hahahhaha, This was the best

Comment

Get rid of the guy.

He is gifted everything he produces on the court. If it wasnt for system he would be pretty much a non factor.

And as it is, his best ever season came in as basically a jet nuetral in terms of offense to defense.

Dar is at best a third banana, and that is only if ue can dedicate himsepf to learning to defend, dribble and shoot from behind the line on catch and shoots.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
              Is he comparable to a guy like Igoudala? Or am I just being stupid?
              DD ain't no Iggy. AI's defense is miles ahead.
              But then again, Iggy was Finals MVP.

Is DD still an Option going forward?

I think so
              • He'll be 26 in August. Lots of life in him.
              • Needs to work on his 3 point shot - but has made great strides since the early days when he was useless at it. Needs to hit the mid to high 300 range in this category.
              • His Defense still needs upgrading, but seems to be improving - as per his Simple Rating (82 games)
              • More appropriate as a 2nd option
              • 2014-15 excepted (60 games), Demar is generally a workhorse.
              • As long as he`s not a MAX guy (or close), 9.5 million right now is very reasonable

QuadrupleDouble wrote: View Post
              ..... I mean he does have an iphone ....
              I won't hold that against him .... or any isheep fans - .
              A Canadian Blackberry supporter and proud of it, although I really do miss my webOS. Enjoying my Passport though
              Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Sun Jun 21, 2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                Clearly you don't understand the concepts if supply and demand.

Because DD generates a low volume of trade rumours, his demand must be low. Therefor it is reasonable to suggest that he has lower value than many think.

Comment

Because DD generates a low volume of trade rumours, his demand must be low. Therefor it is reasonable to suggest that he has lower value than many think.
                  I haven't seen many Steph Curry trade rumours this year.

Comment

Yeah not sure you are really making any sense with this line of thinking.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Lol what a clown statement.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd correlate Supply and Demand for players, in the same way that the Commodities market works. Although to be true, some people might argue players are commodities (and nothing more).

The real question is .... Are teams asking, or are the Raptors offering? I'd tend to think that other teams are always asking (and mostly, we're not privy to that), but Toronto - in the last couple of years - has had no reason to offer Demar up. That may change.

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                        I haven't seen many Steph Curry trade rumours this year.
                        I love the name - BobLoblaw. As you say, Curry is not high on the trade rumour circuit simply because no reputable GM would even consider asking such a question, nor would any legitimate Sports Reporter ever report on such a rumour. While Curry is an MVP, and Derozan wishes he was, there is a degree of resemblance here.

Comment

Biggest reason you hear nothing about ANY Raptor player is because Masai cleaned house on the front office and they all now operate in secrecy. Nothing gets out they don't want to get out or they can't control (such as discussing with Knicks).

With regards to what OSC was referring I think, and he can correct me if I am wrong here, he meant you don't hear or read other teams fans pining for DeRozan. Now is this an issue due to 29 other franchises and their fans being south of the border? Likely. But if I was a fan of another team I don't look at DeRozan as a desirable acquisition for the simple fact he is an inefficient volume scorer and doesn't contribute to winning significantly. Nobody here was dying for Corey Magette to join the Raptors 6 years ago were they?

Comment

Food for thought
                            More telling will be towards the end of next year, as his free agency looms, and the frequency of whispers of "such-and-such a team will be looking to make a run at Derozan".
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Biggest reason you hear nothing about ANY Raptor player is because Masai cleaned house on the front office and they all now operate in secrecy. Nothing gets out they don't want to get out or they can't control (such as discussing with Knicks).

With regards to what OSC was referring I think, and he can correct me if I am wrong here, he meant you don't hear or read other teams fans pining for DeRozan. Now is this an issue due to 29 other franchises and their fans being south of the border? Likely. But if I was a fan of another team I don't look at DeRozan as a desirable acquisition for the simple fact he is an inefficient volume scorer and doesn't contribute to winning significantly. Nobody here was dying for Corey Magette to join the Raptors 6 years ago were they?
                              Pretty much

Most of what my google searching has turned up are articles from the media saying that they should trade DD

But there are very few with fans actually wanting DD because there are better fish to go after

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                                Lol what a clown statement.
                                ?

Nice dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X