The Doctor is In Podcast June 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doctor is In Podcast June 11

I just listened to the podcast and really enjoyed and thought that was one of the most balanced views of what is happening to our beloved team. The idea of adding a strong SF and/or PF seemed like the most reasonable approach to making this team better. It will give us another year with the current core and a real shot of competing and brining some joy to the city that is craving for success and victory. I am wondering what you all think ?

McRealistic wrote: View Post
    I just listened to the podcast and really enjoyed and thought that was one of the most balanced views of what is happening to our beloved team. The idea of adding a strong SF and/or PF seemed like the most reasonable approach to making this team better. It will give us another year with the current core and a real shot of competing and brining some joy to the city that is craving for success and victory. I am wondering what you all think ?
    I KNOW that is the wrong line of thinking

Comment

IF the team is looking to win now, then they need to upgrade BOTH the SF and PF spots. Which means a big move in free agency, and a trade. If the team is all in on the current core, that trade is something like Vasquez + Ross + 2015 pick + NYK 2016 pick for a borderline all-star forward. If the team wants to improve now but not sacrifice the future, it means a trade of one of DD or Lowry for a young promising forward plus a backup guard.

Either way, you can't just make one move and think this team is fixed.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        IF the team is looking to win now, then they need to upgrade BOTH the SF and PF spots. Which means a big move in free agency, and a trade. If the team is all in on the current core, that trade is something like Vasquez + Ross + 2015 pick + NYK 2016 pick for a borderline all-star forward. If the team wants to improve now but not sacrifice the future, it means a trade of one of DD or Lowry for a young promising forward plus a backup guard.

Either way, you can't just make one move and think this team is fixed.
        You have a very valid point and as the podcast mentioned, the window with the current core which we have spent the last 5 years investing on is NOW or in another word, the future for them is now.

I am curious in your opinion, if we can sign a FA like Monroe without giving away too many future picks, and then use Ross+ Vasq and our own 2016 first round , for a good SF, will we be competitive in east and still maintain some future assets and not totally let go of the future ?

Comment

Vazquez and Ross + Tor 2016 1st pick for Chandler + Faried prior to the 2015 draft, than sign a Luol Deng or Jeff Green to play SF position as a free agent. Draft a jerian Grant type guard as the back up point guard. Chandlers contract for 2016 is not guaranteed

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
            Vazquez and Ross + Tor 2016 1st pick for Chandler + Faried prior to the 2015 draft, than sign a Luol Deng or Jeff Green to play SF position as a free agent. Draft a jerian Grant type guard as the back up point guard.
            I don't think Nuggets will do that. It makes ZERO sense for them.

Comment

You have a very valid point and as the podcast mentioned, the window with the current core which we have spent the last 5 years investing on is NOW or in another word, the future for them is now.

I am curious in your opinion, if we can sign a FA like Monroe without giving away too many future picks, and then use Ross+ Vasq and our own 2016 first round , for a good SF, will we be competitive in east and still maintain some future assets and not totally let go of the future ?
              You have to go for big upgrades in the starting spots. Because we are going to lose a lot of depth. 6th man? Bye Lou. Backup PG? Just traded Vasquez. Can we use our pick to fill a hole? Nope, traded that too. Only solid backups will be JJ and PP, and the rest will be vet min guys. So it had better be a killer starting lineup. Does Monroe amount to enough of an upgrade?

I don't really see a scenario where the team is significantly better right away unless they get really lucky. And the only scenario I can even imagine that being a possibility is if DD is moved for a nice return. Whether that return is available... Part of why I want to blow it up.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                Vazquez and Ross + Tor 2016 1st pick for Chandler + Faried prior to the 2015 draft, than sign a Luol Deng or Jeff Green to play SF position as a free agent. Draft a jerian Grant type guard as the back up point guard. Chandlers contract for 2016 is not guaranteed
                If the 2016 pick is NY's then I think it might work.. although I'd suspect they'd want more.. maybe Bebe or another pick.

I don't think Nuggets will do that. It makes ZERO sense for them.
                Nuggets are rebuilding.. theory would be that Lawson will be traded as well and GV can be the vet PG on their roster who only has one year left on his deal. Ross and the pick add more prospects to their roster which I'm sure they'll love to have if they are rebuilding. I just suspect they'd want more.. like the NY pick instead of ours.. as well as probably another pick or another prospect like Bebe or Bruno.

Comment

Bear wrote: View Post
                  I KNOW that is the wrong line of thinking
                  Yo mang your picture is really scary man

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    You have to go for big upgrades in the starting spots. Because we are going to lose a lot of depth. 6th man? Bye Lou. Backup PG? Just traded Vasquez. Can we use our pick to fill a hole? Nope, traded that too. Only solid backups will be JJ and PP, and the rest will be vet min guys. So it had better be a killer starting lineup. Does Monroe amount to enough of an upgrade?

I don't really see a scenario where the team is significantly better right away unless they get really lucky. And the only scenario I can even imagine that being a possibility is if DD is moved for a nice return. Whether that return is available... Part of why I want to blow it up.
                    I got to agree with this because the talent pool of what's available on the market right now is really shallow. I don't see any scenario of where we can upgrade our roster to be possible contenders. All the the possible targets have been stolen up by teams like Cleveland and Houston. I feel we should wait until KL and DD's stock go back up and flip one or both of them to the highest bidder. The timing is bad for Raptors to attempt a championship push although i feel that was never really an possibility.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Please do not include the 2016 NY 1st....unless it is for a near all star trade at least. I am betting on a NYK & Denver not making next season's playoffs ...hence a good lottery pick in addition to our own. I would not mind our own to be a lottery pick as well. This team is at least 2-3 yrs. away from a solid team with a lot of good moves. Trying to make moves to just get into the playoffs is ultimately fools gold. The CBA is designed to reward only teams who make good managerial decisions on player selection and cap management.

As far as I am concerned I am still waiting on Masai to reveal his strategic positioning of this team and a good draft. The status quo does not do it for me in style, talent or coaching.

Comment

Working...
                      X