No announcement yet.

"The Lou Williams Situation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Toronto signed a PF that brought the 13 players including 2 minimum cap spaces total to $68.9 million dollars and the salary cap is to be $69.1 million.
    This means that the Raptors could take one of those minimum salary caps to a Lou Williams , is this correct?

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
      Haven't read anything to hint at this, but I think he'd be a good fit in Houston. Could back-up both Beverley and Jones and play beside either as well. Also provides them with scoring off the bench.

As for sources interest, only two I've read are Sacramento and Miami. And yes, Toronto likely falls somewhere in the category of having interest.
      That was my speculative fit as well.

Harden said he wanted another ball handler and creator to lighten his load. While Lou rarely showed it in Toronto due to the style of play, he can create for others.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        That was my speculative fit as well.

Harden said he wanted another ball handler and creator to lighten his load. While Lou rarely showed it in Toronto due to the style of play, he can create for others.
        I'm not positive based on the contracts having been handed out, and the unknown of what Josh Smith would make with Houston wanting him back, but a sign-and-trade would be a possibility of Houston isn't at risk of going over the apron.

Double sign-and-trade perhaps?

Something like Lou Williams for KJ McDaniels and Terrence Jones?
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Is there any news on Lou William other than the speculation of Raptor fans right now ? I did a quick google search and nothing came up.

Comment

• I thought you only had to put in cap holds to get to the 12 man minimum roster, even though you can carry 15 players max?

Comment

• Another thought, the only reason to keep the cap hold for Lou is for a sign & trade or you plan to offer him more money than the cap hold (scary!)

Comment

• Technically by keeping tha cap hold you could offer less money but with 5 years and higher raises.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm not positive based on the contracts having been handed out, and the unknown of what Josh Smith would make with Houston wanting him back, but a sign-and-trade would be a possibility of Houston isn't at risk of going over the apron.

I made a mistake here. Can't include two sign-and-trade players in the same move.

I'm also staring to wonder about Houston's space below the apron with the new contracts for Beverley/Brewer and possibly Josh Smith. Would be close depending on Smith and Lou's deals.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                    If Toronto signed a PF that brought the 13 players including 2 minimum cap spaces total to $68.9 million dollars and the salary cap is to be $69.1 million.
                    This means that the Raptors could take one of those minimum salary caps to a Lou Williams , is this correct?
                    You think Lou Williams signs for the minimum?

I'm going to assume you don't think that. To sign Lou and go over the cap to do so, we have to keep his cap hold on the books in the meantime. If we do that, we have pretty much no cap room, so this PF signing would have to be for the minimum or via a salary matching trade.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Me like a lot.

Comment

I made a mistake here. Can't include two sign-and-trade players in the same move.

I'm also staring to wonder about Houston's space below the apron with the new contracts for Beverley/Brewer and possibly Josh Smith. Would be close depending on Smith and Lou's deals.
                        Yes you can include two sign and trade players in one move.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Yes you can include two sign and trade players in one move.
                          Sounds good to me. I'm back in on my fake proposal...unless there are other problems with it. Thanks.

Comment

I believe Houston is limited by Non-Bird rights with Smith and McDaniels.

They have to use cap space or an exception to sign them.

Both came mid season and neither had Bird Rights due to Smith being UFA and McDaniels a rookie.

Comment

KJ would need a big raise for a trade to go down like that considering TJ only makes like $2.5M and Lou will probably ask for $10M.

But Ariza+TJ for Lou+TR+pick may work.. and I like that more.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                KJ would need a big raise for a trade to go down like that considering TJ only makes like $2.5M and Lou will probably ask for $10M.

But Ariza+TJ for Lou+TR+pick may work.. and I like that more.
                                I can't seeh me including Ariza, but adding in the non-guaranteed Papanikolauo should make it work.

Houston gets Lou.

Raptors get Jones, KJ, and Papanikolauo (immediately waived).

Comment

Working...
                                X