• Raptors related after all! Sacramento-Detroit-Toronto

Sacramento: Lowry

Detroit: Gay

Toronto: Jennings and #8

meh...really?

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      meh...really?
      You'd have to wait until July 1st, but yeah, why not?

SVG wants a SF.

#8 might have someone who slipped or a solid prospect.

Jennings is a placeholder for a year and then expires.

Depends who is at 8 really.

Comment

Hmm it's a solid and realistic deal, IMO.

I personally would be sad to see Lowry go, and I'd prefer to keep this team for another go at 50 wins. Add some smart 3D guys to the team, fight another day. No.8 is sexy, but not sexy enough for me to want to break up this team.

That said, if they do make this deal, I'll think it's solid return. I bet there will be a few players with all star potential at no.8 this year. But if they do it, then I guess you have to break up the rest of the core? This team without Lowry is probably 35ish 40ish wins team.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Sacramento: Lowry

Detroit: Gay

Toronto: Jennings and #8
          If this could be changed so Toronto gets 6 and Sacramento gets 8, that would be awesome. At 6, you are going to guarantee one of Porzingis, Mudiay, Winslow.

I would go Mudiay, Porzingis, Winslow in that order of preference.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            If this could be changed so Toronto gets 6 and Sacramento gets 8, that would be awesome. At 6, you are going to guarantee one of Porzingis, Mudiay, Winslow.

I would go Mudiay, Porzingis, Winslow in that order of preference.
            It would certainly make the draft very interesting for us. My prefered top 6:
            Towns
            Russell (I might even like him the best in this draft)
            Okafor
            Mudiay
            Hezonja
            Booker

Porzingis is very intriguing, a freak, and I'd certainly gamble on him with a late lotto pick. But so high in the draft he just has too much bust potential to me. He doesn't work out against real players, and I think that's for good reason, because he'd get pushed around by everyone. I doubt he can guard PFs in this league now. But maybe he develops. If he develops defense, strength and proves to be a good shooter, he's a freak stretch 4. If he doesn't develop, then he's a 7'3 guy who plays like a SF but can't guard anyone in the NBA, and then he's a bust.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Towns
              Okafor
              Mudiay
              Hezonja
              Booker

Porzingis is very intriguing, a freak, and I'd certainly gamble on him with a late lotto pick. But so high in the draft he just has too much bust potential to me. He doesn't work out against real players, and I think that's for good reason, because he'd get pushed around by everyone. I doubt he can guard PFs in this league now. But maybe he develops. If he develops defense, strength and proves to be a good shooter, he's a freak stretch 4. If he doesn't develop, then he's a 7'3 guy who plays like a SF but can't guard anyone in the NBA, and then he's a bust.
              Didn't he work out against Myles Turner?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                Didn't he work out against Myles Turner?
                Maybe I missed it? I don't know. He seems to always work out against his older brother.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  Towns
                  Okafor
                  Mudiay
                  Hezonja
                  Booker

He does have 50 games with Sevilla this season in the ACB to draw on against grown men.

Anyone expecting big things from him next year will be disappointed.

Comment

Wow this is actually one of the first real looking trades ive seen. Well done my man. I defintely like the idea of the the pick swap of 6 & 8, and if the m.o. is to keep DeRozan than Jennings might not be a bad option as they are very close if i recall correctly.

Comment

Masai doesn't strike me as a swing for the fence kinda guy like Colangelo was. He's more like a "let me fleece you" kinda guy. I want to be shocked tomorrow.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                      X