No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I can tell in preseason, it looks like a solid top five guys are emerging in Simmons, Skal, Brown, Bender and Murray. If the raps end up with any of these guys I would be ecstatic.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
      Dragon Bender is currently #5 on Draft Express, and his first name is Dragon. What's not to love?

If things break right/wrong for Knicks and Nuggets this year, the 2016 Draft could be the solution for the Raptors at PF moving forward. Between Bender, Skal, Simmons, (although Simmons can play at SF, I think long term he could be dynamic and multifaceted PFs), and Ellenson, there could be plenty of talent available to the Raptors at a position of need.

Edit: I originally had Ingram in this list of PF options, as for some reason I thought he was around 230lbs instead of 196lbs according to DraftExpress. Must have been mixing details in my head, but he won't have the physical size to be a PF in the NBA.
      I see the SG spot as a place where the talent will be when we pick.

Murray, Brown, LeVert, Newman, Williams, with Levert, imo, being a potential high riser this upcoming season.

? foot & with a great handle, great passing insticts and smooth form on jumper he can play any of the backcourt positions and either be used as a primary or off ball player.

Comment

• Out of all those guys only Murray is considered a top 10 pick.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Out of all those guys only Murray is considered a top 10 pick.
          sure.... right now... on draft express......

which is why I started my post with "I see", meaning a prediction based upon scouting reports, etc.

Comment

• Mudiay was very shaky in his Nugget debut last night. 8 turnovers and 3 assists. He shot 5-18.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              Mudiay was very shaky in his Nugget debut last night. 8 turnovers and 3 assists. He shot 5-18.
              I felt like Chris Paul was clowning him at times as a sort of a welcome to the league rook...you ain't shit yet
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                I felt like Chris Paul was clowning him at times as a sort of a welcome to the league rook...you ain't shit yet
                I wish King Joffery Lauvergne was a Raptor. His post footwork is great a la Scola. He had no problem getting Jordan and Griffin air borne, waiting and laying the ball in the hoop.
                Last edited by stretch; Sat Oct 3, 2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Mudiay was very shaky in his Nugget debut last night. 8 turnovers and 3 assists. He shot 5-18.
                  Hope he takes time to develop
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I wish King Joffery Lauvergne was a Raptor. His post footwork is great a la Scola. He had no problem getting Jordan and Griffin air borne, waiting and laying the ball in the hoop.
                    Yeah I really liked what Lauvergne did last night. He's a tenacious rebounder as well, has great size at 6'11", also very mobile
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Im hoping he keeps rising and SKAL falls to us
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He was supposed to be raw, I think. At least I didn't get impression that most people expected him to be solid from the start. Kind of Bledsoe type talent along with young Bledsoe lack of refinement.

Comment

Crap. I've gotten all hyped up about Dragon Bender falling to us maybe. This draft has been Dragon or bust for me all summer. I'll have to get new favorites I guess.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                              He was supposed to be raw, I think. At least I didn't get impression that most people expected him to be solid from the start. Kind of Bledsoe type talent along with young Bledsoe lack of refinement.
                              He wasn't supposed to be quite that raw when it came to PG play though. He was considered a gifted passer who understood how to initiate sets (obviously for his age) and could run the p'n'r well. Bledsoe was quite a bit rawer in that sense I think.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Crap. I've gotten all hyped up about Dragon Bender falling to us maybe. This draft has been Dragon or bust for me all summer. I'll have to get new favorites I guess.
                                Just makes me root against the Knicks more

Comment

Working...
                                X