Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    There is nothing about Ellensons game that says he will be a well rounded NBA player.

It is very important ti have players who are capable of doing multiple things while playing defense.
    I hate that I agree with this so much because I like everything else about Ellenson but the defense.

My order of preference for the 9th is: Ellenson (by only a bit because if his defense doesn't turn out to be as bad as thought...), Chriss, or Skal.

I 100% think we're drafting Chriss right now though.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Chriss or Davis. Best PFs in this draft.

Comment

• BR has us taking Sabonis and Chriss going to sacto right before us. They have skal going 15. Not sure about that.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Ive been high on Davis in this thread.

He has the ability to guard a Draymond Green type yet is a massive threat on the roll. In a league where the Pick N Pop is being overused/popular, if we roll out two deadly targets (JV + Davis) for the roll, we will gain a massive advantage over other teams.

Skal has been intriguing but I think Davis is the guy who fits the Raptors and has the most potential to produce wins in the NBA, even if he isnt as flashy
          Have not seen Davis play but going by the DE scouting report I in fact got the feeling he has Draymond Green characteristics. These are of course better confirmed by more focused and personalized scouting. DG's intangibles were missed as well. DD is also 2-3" taller with a body that is fillable never mind that that he is slated to go in the lottery after being a not so sought after high school recruit says something about his growth surge which can occur. DG of course has an amazing leader attitude and I cant say I have seen anything on that quality. And as you mentioned the team needs an upgrade at the PF position but he will start off as an inside player.

Comment

• SI has us taking Brown, with Ellenson and Skal off the board but Chriss, Davis available.

27th as Juan Hernangomez from Spain.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              SI has us taking Brown, with Ellenson and Skal off the board but Chriss, Davis available.

Have we talked about this Spainard?

He doesn't seem like a bad pick-up. Seems to have an all around game, but what I've read about his D makes me question taking another SF.

DraftExpress has him at 27th too, btw.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

SI has us taking Brown, with Ellenson and Skal off the board but Chriss, Davis available.

Is he a 3/4?
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Is he a 3/4?

Yup. 6'9 and 220. If potential can be reached with his shooting, I see this kid being similar to Gallo. Gallo didn't have the strongest stroke as 1st either.

He'd need to play in the DL this upcoming year with Bruno as his PF?
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post

Yup. 6'9 and 220. If potential can be reached with his shooting, I see this kid being similar to Gallo. Gallo didn't have the strongest stroke as 1st either.

He'd need to play in the DL this upcoming year with Bruno as his PF?
                    Or draft and stash. We could use the roster spot.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                      Couldn't agree more. Everything about Ellenson to me says defensive liability
                      These assessments are pretty scary.... and it's against college level players. Not sure if I've seen the word "lack" used more on a player ranked so highly. You cannot draft a player top 10, knowing that you're going to have to adjust your roster to compensate for his flaws, unless you're drafting a bench player.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/henry-ellenson

Weaknesses: Below average run/jump athlete … Second jump is almost non-existant and his athleticism is far below NBA standard … Lacks explosiveness, raising the question of how effective he can be as a below the rim player at the NBA level … Better in the half court offensive set then in transition ... His below average athleticism has had an effect on his offensive efficiency, particularly around the rim ... His dunks are generally on broken plays or against below average defenders, and infrequent … Slow feet keep him from being a good perimeter defender and slow him in the post as well … May struggle to utilize much of his ball handling ability, particularly in the open floor due to his lack of speed … Body has good weight, but lacks great muscle. Does not seek out contact or play in a physical manner ... Lack of athleticism allows defenders to recover easily and block shots on his attempts around the rim … Likes to face up when he gets the ball and is efficient, but should look to add more post moves ... Lacks great ability in pick and roll defense and in the post ...
                      http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Ellenson-7234/

The biggest concerns about Ellenson as a NBA prospect revolve around his play on the defensive end. At 6'10, he is somewhat heavy legged stepping out on the perimeter and guarding quicker power forwards, and doesn't show great explosiveness or timing as a rim protector to allow him to anchor a team's defense at the center position.

Ellenson's instincts, awareness and intensity level leaves a lot to be desired defensively, as he's not one to put his body on the line and struggles trying to cover ground on the pick and roll, often looking flat-footed rotating on the back of his heels and getting caught in no man's land. Playing alongside a similarly challenged 6'11 center in a twin-tower lineup didn't do him a lot of favors at the college level, but this is something he'll probably have to deal with at the power forward spot in the NBA as well.

Defensive concerns are likely always going to be a serious issue unless Ellenson makes a real commitment to playing harder and smarter on this end of the floor, something you can't necessarily close the book on considering he's only 19 years old. With that said, the early results thus far haven't been promising.

Comment

• While we all know NBAdraft.net is racist, and would never dare compare a Caucasian player to a African-American, Ellenson's comparisons are Brian Scalabrine and Brian Cardinal ... literally two of the worst players I can think of. Lol

And ya, he's just not very good, so I really hope we don't pick him ... he's not really a Masai type player either though, so I'm not too worried.

I've grown to like Chriss, but I still think Skal has a whole other level of play that we haven't seen yet.

Comment

• If Chriss is off the board, I would consider moving the pick.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            While we all know NBAdraft.net is racist, and would never dare compare a Caucasian player to a African-American, Ellenson's comparisons are Brian Scalabrine and Brian Cardinal ... literally two of the worst players I can think of. Lol

And ya, he's just not very good, so I really hope we don't pick him ... he's not really a Masai type player either though, so I'm not too worried.

I've grown to like Chriss, but I still think Skal has a whole other level of play that we haven't seen yet.
                            I agree but if given the choice, I'd go Skal over Chriss.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              While we all know NBAdraft.net is racist, and would never dare compare a Caucasian player to a African-American, Ellenson's comparisons are Brian Scalabrine and Brian Cardinal ... literally two of the worst players I can think of. Lol
                              Don't rule out Sabonis. Whitey McWhiterstein is the NBAdraft.net comparison.

Comment

I agree but if given the choice, I'd go Skal over Chriss.
                                I agree actually. I've always been a big fan of his limitless ceiling .. I think if we develop him right, we can get ourselves a Noel-type athletic rim rotector.

Comment

Working...
                                X