No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th pick for Nerlens Noel - who says no? Can the raps swing it without getting salary back?

Comment

• http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/05/26/...medium=twitter

Nyloncalculus' predictors are not kind to Hield or Valentine.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
        9th pick for Nerlens Noel - who says no? Can the raps swing it without getting salary back?
        No. We're over the cap, they aren't.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• someone dare me to put a raptors jersey on luwawu

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            Powell?
            Powell made it pretty clear in the second round that while he has talent he still has a lot of work to do. As soon as teams started game planning against him he folded. I am very pleased with him overall but all this star stuff needs to settle down. He's not a star and may never be. He is an excellent bench player and occasional starter.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
              someone dare me to put a raptors jersey on luwawu
              I was literally just about to do that... But I dare you.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Make it the purple one tho

Comment

Comment

The guy looks pretty well built for how young he is.
                    It's like the 80's drank too much and then threw up all over this poor man.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      It's like the 80's drank too much and then threw up all over this poor man.
                      I like it. A little much... But I like it.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Luwawu probably goes tail in the low teens; Beasley and Prince are likely both going to go early twenties. All three of those guys are gonna get drafted for the same reason: they project as reliable 3-and-D wings. So if you're buying a pick to get them - let's say one of #15-21 - you need to provide better value than the team that would draft them.

15 and 19 belong to Denver. They need shooting. They might try to trade for a star player; they have the picks to do so. We don't have a superstar for them.
                        16 and 18 belong to Boston, and Boston could use more shooting, but also they're gonna use all their picks to try and land a superstar. We don't have one.
                        17, 20 and 21 belong to Memphis, Indiana and Atlanta respectively. Memphis and Indiana need shooting. Memphis needs cheap pieces to complement their expensive stars as well. Atlanta needs to be able to recover in the event that Bazemore or Horford walk.

The pieces that we are presumably willing to trade (Ross, the Brazilians, Delon, and our picks - and maybe 2Pat if the get is really good) are good for teams that need quality players, will have room to absorb them, and might have trouble getting them in free agency. New Orleans qualifies. Sacramento is another option. Philly and Milwaukee are two other examples. That's why it makes more sense to trade up and shed some money at the same time.
                        Teams do sell picks for cash money or cash money as a kicker. Either one of those guys can slide to the back end of the draft. In that territory you have a bunch of contenders and well established clubs who may not be looking for another prospect.

Comment

I like it. A little much... But I like it.
                          Hey, the 80's lost a lot of bets. If anyone should be recklessly drinking it's the 80's.

Comment

• I'm really high on Luwawu.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              I'm really high on Luwawu.
                              Me too. I just think it's a reach at 9. Have to move back or move up from 27.

Comment

Me too. I just think it's a reach at 9. Have to move back or move up from 27.
                                I don't think it's much of a reach.

If Brown is gone by 9, which I expect him to be, I tentatively like Luwawu more than any of the PF's or Valentine.

Comment

Working...
                                X