Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Sabonis is a man amongst boys in the NCAA. Nobody can handle his physical play.
    He's also only 19 (turning 20 shortly before the draft). Plus if his dad had anything to do with his development he should have a very good basketball IQ.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Sabonis is a man amongst boys in the NCAA. Nobody can handle his physical play.
      Yeah he handled Poeltl, who is one of the best bigs in college. I'm really warming up to him.Saw him play live earlier this year and he really impressed there as well. He gets hyped.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        He's also only 19 (turning 20 shortly before the draft). Plus if his dad had anything to do with his development he should have a very good basketball IQ.
        I was hoping he'd fall to our pick due to worry...damn, sounds like he won't. I liked him and it had nothing to do with his father.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I like Sabonis a lot. He's like a young Luis Scola.

Rabb is still my #1 choice though.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• sabonis has a beautiful post game. smooth operator down there

Comment

• Like I was saying a few weeks ago, Sabonis doesn't have flash and this mystery upside(hype) of some of these freshman options but he has all the right things a pro needs to stick in the league for a long time in an important role. Personally I like a Marc Gasol comparison more than anything.

Comment

• Is there any big in our draft range with passing skills? At some point in our future, we've got to become much more of a ball movement team.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'm hoping Korkmaz can fall to our spot. I love his swagger, and his style of play. He just seems to have that natural feel for the game. He really needs to improve on D though.

An ideal draft for me is Rabb with the Knicks pick and Korkmaz with ours. If Korkmaz can fill out he could be a great point forward.

Comment

• I say we move up the draft by packaging JV, Delon Wright, plus our pick to Phoenix and grab Chandler, Tucker, and their pick. We acquire Jamal Murry. Then we package Ross plus Patterson and our future pick for an allstar PF, possibly Horford. Resign Biyombo and draft either Brice Johnson or Diamond Stone or Damian Jones with our late pick. Reason we acquire Murry is to establish him as our future PG. Lowry will become a FA after next season and he will be looking for a max. Personally I don't see Lowry as our future, next season could be his last. Murry can learn a lot from Lowry and take his mantle in his sophomore year and become our Mighty Mouse 2.0. We sign Dwight Powell if we have remaining money left.

Lineups next year
                    Lowry, Joseph, Murry
                    Derozan,Murry, Powell
                    DMC, Tucker, Bruno
                    Horford, DPowell, Draft
                    Biyombo, Chandler, Noguiera

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                      I say we move up the draft by packaging JV, Delon Wright, plus our pick to Phoenix and grab Chandler, Tucker, and their pick. We acquire Jamal Murry. Then we package Ross plus Patterson and our future pick for an allstar PF, possibly Horford. Resign Biyombo and draft either Brice Johnson or Diamond Stone or Damian Jones with our late pick. Reason we acquire Murry is to establish him as our future PG. Lowry will become a FA after next season and he will be looking for a max. Personally I don't see Lowry as our future, next season could be his last. Murry can learn a lot from Lowry and take his mantle in his sophomore year and become our Mighty Mouse 2.0. We sign Dwight Powell if we have remaining money left.

Lineups next year
                      Lowry, Joseph, Murry
                      Derozan,Murry, Powell
                      DMC, Tucker, Bruno
                      Horford, DPowell, Draft
                      Biyombo, Chandler, Noguiera
                      oh hey it's a 10FTW special!

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Is there any big in our draft range with passing skills? At some point in our future, we've got to become much more of a ball movement team.
                        Both Ellenson and Rabb were expected to have decent passing skills. Rabb didn't really get a chance to show much of that this season (0.9 assists), while Ellenson was used more as a passing big out of the post more for Marquette (1.8).

Looking at our own pick, Nigel Hayes might be the best passing big in the draft, IF you consider him a big at all. But if you want that undersized, defense/shooting/passing Draymond Green type big, he's probably the closest you're going to get in this draft. (Of course, if he was actually anywhere close to Green, he wouldn't be in the 30s in most mocks).

Comment

Is there any big in our draft range with passing skills? At some point in our future, we've got to become much more of a ball movement team.
                          Rabb was known as a good passing big but he doesn't get that many touches on Cal to show it.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            oh hey it's a 10FTW special!
                            Yikes!!!

Comment

Among that clump of PFs, the only ones who stand out for their passing are Ellenson and Skal.

For different reasons of course.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Among that clump of PFs, the only ones who stand out for their passing are Ellenson and Skal.

For different reasons of course.
                                Skal is a long term project and he's lacking in so many big men skills. He's going to come with the frustrations of a Bargnani. It doesn't matter if he can pass if he can't guard anyone and isn't able to rebound.

Comment

Working...
                                X