Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I'm really hoping one of the elite PF's is there - Rabb, Bender (he won't fall), or Skal. Ideally one of the first two. Can't say I'd be upset with Luwawu, though. And obviously if Murray drops that's the dream.

For our pick... Caris LeVert could be an interesting long term gambit. Haven't looked that closely at the late portions of the draft yet.
    I feel like Rabb will 100% be available with our pick, so he's my worst case scenario, and it's a very good worst case scenario. I have zero interest in Skal, dude is going to be a bust, he's Austin Daye without a 3pt shot.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I feel like Rabb will 100% be available with our pick, so he's my worst case scenario, and it's a very good worst case scenario. I have zero interest in Skal, dude is going to be a bust, he's Austin Daye without a 3pt shot.
      Skal would be my last choice among the guys I like exactly because of that bust risk.

But there's a lot of guys in the lottery that I am not even a little bit excited about. Like Ellenson, who I am not high on at all. So Skal would be worth the risk IMO if the really interesting guys are gone.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Skal would be my last choice among the guys I like exactly because of that bust risk.

But there's a lot of guys in the lottery that I am not even a little bit excited about. Like Ellenson, who I am not high on at all. So Skal would be worth the risk IMO if the really interesting guys are gone.
        Going with worst case, we get the 9th pick. I can think of more than 9 guys I'd rather have than Skal, including Ellenson, who I think is pretty clearly better than Skal, and younger too so he still has "potential", which is the only thing going for Skal.

Comment

• I think Rabb's stock will rise after the combine and workouts. He wasn't featured in Cal's offense and he pretty much scrapped for every point he got. From what I've read, he's an intelligent, athletic player. Tons upside with this kid.

Chr1st1anL it's "he is or he's, not his"
          Last edited by saints91; Tue Mar 22, 2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Cheick Diallo looks like a Masai type of guy for that second pick. Basically a baby Biyombo. Assuming he declares.

Currently #34 in DraftExpress' latest mock.

Comment

• This isn't really an argument for or against Hield, but if he was drafted in the top 10, he'd be a pretty big outlier in terms of age vs. draft position. Since 2000, only two NCAA guys were older when drafted in the top 10: Ekpe Udoh and Rafael Araujo, and neither of them were seniors. There have been guys drafted high at similar ages who made big impacts (Shane Battier), but I'd bet on Hield being more likely to fall than rise in the draft, as teams work out players and become enamoured with the upside of younger guys.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Cheick Diallo looks like a Masai type of guy for that second pick. Basically a baby Biyombo. Assuming he declares.

Currently #34 in DraftExpress' latest mock.
                I'd be kinda shocked if Diallo stays in the draft being projected so low. He's gotten no minutes in Kansas which is why his stock is so low, he could easily be a top 10 pick next year if he actually gets to play.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  This isn't really an argument for or against Hield, but if he was drafted in the top 10, he'd be a pretty big outlier in terms of age vs. draft position. Since 2000, only two NCAA guys were older when drafted in the top 10: Ekpe Udoh and Rafael Araujo, and neither of them were seniors. There have been guys drafted high at similar ages who made big impacts (Shane Battier), but I'd bet on Hield being more likely to fall than rise in the draft, as teams work out players and become enamoured with the upside of younger guys.
                  I look at Hield's draft stock a lot like Curry's was. He's 22, Curry was 21, and they're both amazing scorers who are being underrated due to age. Is age really a factor when you literally can't be playing any better? I don't think it should be.

Comment

• I think we're in a good position to take one of Ellenson or Rabb.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      If he keeps the pick. I think he goes with BPA. If Dunn is there at 9. His the BPA. I don't think the pick will be kept.
                      The way I look at this draft, there are 2 elite prospects. Simmons and Ingram. And then there are 6-7 really good/intriguing prospects(not in order): Murray, Hield, Rabb, Poetl, Dunn, Sabonis, Bender, Labissiere......all these guys are equal IMO. We need a PF. If Dunn and Rabb are there at 9th you take Rabb. If Rabb is off the board, you take Sabonis. You take the PF. We don't need a PG.

Murray is the exception because to me he's more of a combo guard. If he's there at 9(I doubt it) then it's a no brainer.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dunn is going to be gone by the time 4 picks are made. He is also a senior. There's no age bias.. Hield's game is just too basic for him to be a premier scorer in the pros.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          The way I look at this draft, there are 2 elite prospects. Simmons and Ingram. And then there are 6-7 really good/intriguing prospects(not in order): Murray, Hield, Rabb, Poetl, Dunn, Sabonis, Bender, Labissiere......all these guys are equal IMO. We need a PF. If Dunn and Rabb are there at 9th you take Rabb. If Rabb is off the board, you take Sabonis. You take the PF. We don't need a PG.

Murray is the exception because to me he's more of a combo guard. If he's there at 9(I doubt it) then it's a no brainer.
                          We don't just need a PF.. we need a starting caliber PF. And Ross is an adequate trade chip to get one (with his extension, he can bring back about $12.5M in salary in a trade). Add Wright in that package and we suddenly need a 3rd string PG again.

I'm not convinced the draft has a starting caliber PF. Skal has bust written all over him. Rabb is way too small and needs lots of time in the weight room, etc. I say BPA as well. Not going to be many opportunities to get a lottery pick with the way this team is set up.. at least not during Kyle's prime years.

Dunn makes some sense, but so does Hield for the same reasons.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            We don't just need a PF.. we need a starting caliber PF. And Ross is an adequate trade chip to get one (with his extension, he can bring back about $12.5M in salary in a trade). Add Wright in that package and we suddenly need a 3rd string PG again.

I'm not convinced the draft has a starting caliber PF. Skal has bust written all over him. Rabb is way too small and needs lots of time in the weight room, etc. I say BPA as well. Not going to be many opportunities to get a lottery pick with the way this team is set up.. at least not during Kyle's prime years.

Dunn makes some sense, but so does Hield for the same reasons.
                            I think Rabb has a lot of potential. He's 6'10 220.

Sabonis is like a young Scola/Motiejunas hybrid.

I'm a big fan of both guys.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No one NEEDS a 3rd-string PG. Your top 10 pick shouldn't be to take a 3rd string anything.

Ross & the top 10 pick may get you a PF, but who's the PF and the team that wants those two things?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                No one NEEDS a 3rd-string PG. Your top 10 pick shouldn't be to take a 3rd string anything.

Ross & the top 10 pick may get you a PF, but who's the PF and the team that wants those two things?
                                Hopefully Atlanta in a S&T for Horford

Comment

Working...
                                X