Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Most top ranked prospects are beasts coming out of high school.
    Loll this is so true. I used to be a victim to these 'beasts'.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Loll this is so true. I used to be a victim to these 'beasts'.
      "He's appeared in more mixtapes than anyone in the NBA currently... Standing at 5 foot 9, 130 pounds, probably the coaches son... He's: the white kid on every future NBAers poster!"
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Anyone heard of Diamond Stone? Kid is a beast
        Yep, one of my favorite prospects, alongside Dragon Bender and Thong Maker.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          Yep, one of my favorite prospects, alongside Dragon Bender and Thong Maker.
          Thon Maker reclassified. Unfortunately he wont be in this draft coming up. A lot of C prospects at the top of the draft. Still early though
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thon Maker reclassified. Unfortunately he wont be in this draft coming up. A lot of C prospects at the top of the draft. Still early though
            there are a few guards that will move up the drafy.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              there are a few guards that will move up the drafy.
              And a couple of these Cs could move down
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Bigs seem to rise during draft workouts as well.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Bigs seem to rise during draft workouts as well.
                  Meh there's examples for every position.

Porzingis and Towns moved up this year but Lillard and Po are examples of non-big men that moved up.

Comment

• Po is 6'11
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Po is 6'11
                      He's a SF.

If what you meant by big men is literal big men than I guess he doesn't count but there are still plenty guys to rise

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        He's a SF.

If what you meant by big men is literal big men than I guess he doesn't count but there are still plenty guys to rise
                        Elfrid Payton was a late riser in the draft, for another recent example.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          And a couple of these Cs could move down
                          And they will.

Bigs are hyped at an early age because good ones are so few and far between.

Eventually skill and impact on game matter more than size hence guards and wins can and do rise.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            And they will.

Bigs are hyped at an early age because good ones are so few and far between.

Eventually skill and impact on game matter more than size hence guards and wins can and do rise.
                            And while mock drafts and Internet prospect rankings are a close approximation, the teams have their own rankings, and insider info which often are completely different.

I thought Tyler Ennis would go much higher after Syracuse's unbeaten run and his unbelievable shot to keep the streak alive.

Comment

• It's funny cause people have projections, but there's not really a "right" or "wrong" way for the draft to go, right? It's based on the team that's drafting and what they need, project, etc.

So when a draft is different from a mock, we say "oh wow this draft is a mess" but in reality, it's not... The only "right" way for it to have gone is the way it's going.

Comment

• Looking forward 2016

with a speculation that we are gonna win 53 wins, I believe we will be the Top of our division with perhaps the Celtics or the Nets being our divisional threat. so let's look onto next year.

lineups
                                Lowry
                                SG
                                Carrol
                                PF
                                Val

With bench like Powell, Wright, Caboclo, Biyombo, And maybe Ross. We have to fill in the gap. I personally believe Patterson or Derozan will be dealt through trade in the upcoming season for a player and a future pick and by next year we have two picks, however I don't think the raptors will be able to acquire the likes of Simmon, Labissiere, or Brown, but the Raptors should acquire a top 5 or 7 pick and a late first round pick. I think the Raptors should look into players like Ivan Rabb Starting PF, Brandon Ingram Backup SF, Dragan Bender Starting PF, or he dark horse pick Henry Ellenson who's projected to be a Kevin Love 2.0. Then, we can use our late first pick and acquire players like Malik Newman if he falls, Tim Quarterman, Wayne Selden, or Buddy Hield.

As for FA, I believe Ujiri will do whatever he can to pry Kevin Durant away fro OKC or WAS while also see if LeBron will fall for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X