No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just saw Ingram signed with Duke. doesn't seem fair.

labissiere with kentucky will be fascinating to watch. think he'll be used a little more than Towns since the bigs depth isn't as crazy as it was last year.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      After years of tanking, only a few tanking teams remain.

In the East:

I read somewhere yesterday that Philly is on a 7 year plan. They are 2 years in. Winning isn't priority right now.

New York, Orlando, Detroit, Charlotte, Indy, Miami, Milwaukee, Boston, Brooklyn - all trying to be good.

Washington, Toronto, Cleveland, Chicago, and Atlanta all figure to be playoff teams again.

In the West:

All playoff teams still looking to compete.

Plus Utah, OKC, PHX, Sacramento, Lakers. Of those teams PHX, LAL, and Sacramento are likely to be lottery bound regardless.

Minnesota still figures to be terrible.

Denver looks like a team lost for direction - and they are going to be bad.

Of the 30 teams in the league, only 2 have not positioned themselves to be as competitive as possible (Philly, Minnesota)

Then you have teams that are trying but are still likely to be bad: NY, LA, Denver, PHX.

So of the 24 teams which are unlikely to be very good this year, the Raptors good fortune is tied to 2 of them.

Going to be fun following the lottery balls this year without (hopefully) having to endure the losing.
      I wonder what the 7 year plan means. It can't be 7 years of tanking, because you have to start re-signing / extending your rookies after 3-4 years, and you have to be wise with cap space and grab a good veteran free agent or two before you re-sign too many rookies and get locked above cap.

3-4 years of tanking makes sense. Maybe the other 3-4 years is just Ujiri style "lets evaluate, we aren't going to make any quick fix moves, we are waiting to see what we have and for everyone to grow up."

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        I wonder what the 7 year plan means. It can't be 7 years of tanking, because you have to start re-signing / extending your rookies after 3-4 years, and you have to be wise with cap space and grab a good veteran free agent or two before you re-sign too many rookies and get locked above cap.

3-4 years of tanking makes sense. Maybe the other 3-4 years is just Ujiri style "lets evaluate, we aren't going to make any quick fix moves, we are waiting to see what we have and for everyone to grow up."
        My opinion is 4-5 years of high draft picks, developing a couple of stars, adding complimentary pieces via free agency before extensions kick in.

They need a couple of years of playoff basketball before their draft picks become unrestricted.

Comment

• just want to put it out there i am available for the 2016 nba draft ....

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            I wonder what the 7 year plan means.
            They are 3 years away from being 4 years away! lol

Comment

• Wonder if Masai is going to draft BPA or draft for fit. He'll probably have a pick in the 7-10 range or better. Not every day you get a chance to get a lottery pick while competing in the playoffs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Wonder if Masai is going to draft BPA or draft for fit. He'll probably have a pick in the 7-10 range or better. Not every day you get a chance to get a lottery pick while competing in the playoffs.

I still cannot fathom the Knicks at least not protecting that pick. That is just unconscionable. Well here's hoping....

Comment

• Imagine Ben Simmons at PF in our current starting 5, obviously he would need to improve his shooting but soooo good.

Comment

• Man, I hope we get Dennis Smith Jr, that boy is gonna be amazing

or Malik Pope but he's still very raw
                    Last edited by BS10; Fri Jul 17, 2015, 06:56 PM.
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I like Brandon Ingram too, he looks like a higher IQ Bruno Caboclo
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Just realized... Dragon Bender, this dude can't fail. His floor is the coolest name in the NBA history.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Bender-62877/

Comment

• Dragan Bender, gifted not only with height but with an amazing name. So jealous.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• JV and the Dragon.

Could be a cool title for a fantasy novel.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I still cannot fathom the Knicks at least not protecting that pick. That is just unconscionable. Well here's hoping....
                              I'm already looking at next year's top 10 prospects. I think we'll be drafting in that range next year. Thanks Knicks.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                JV and the Dragon.

Could be a cool title for a fantasy novel.
                                Or a kids book. I like skal labissiere as a prospect at first glance
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X