Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    So far Ujiri hasn't broken that stipulation...
    I don't know if I would consider Bruno to be a player that was projected to be an above average defender. Seems like a player whom was drafted for potential on offence.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I don't know if I would consider Bruno to be a player that was projected to be an above average defender. Seems like a player whom was drafted for potential on offence.
      You dont think a guy with a 7'6 wingspan was projected to be an above average defender?

Comment

• I want Sabonis Jr. and Gary Payton Jr. GP2 will the absolute steal of the draft. I would gran him at 27 and run. Would not be surprised to see San Antonio draft him at 29, even though is projected mid second round.

If Sabonis is gone by 9, I'd go with Furkan Korkmaz or trade down for Brice Johnson.

If the team is unwilling to blow 27 on Payton and can't trade down, then grab Caris LaVert.

Or, trade Lowry, DeRozan and both our picks for Ben Simmons + bad contracts. Simmons (aka Magic Johnson 2) is going to be a monster.

After the draft trade the rights of Nando De Colo for the rights to Joel Bolomboy

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          You dont think a guy with a 7'6 wingspan was projected to be an above average defender?
          Takes a heck of a lot more than wingspan to be projected as anything.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
            LJ2 wrote: View Post
            at the fucking 3 position. that is incredible. man i hope bruno pans out. i think he will make the league but i really hope he is successful, if only as a 3-d guy. watching anyone try to go around that nightly will be hilarious. his arms are longer than yao ming was tall and he plays the 3. if he could get a handle like demar, wow, with his 3 point stroke.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              I want Sabonis Jr. and Gary Payton Jr. GP2 will the absolute steal of the draft. I would gran him at 27 and run. Would not be surprised to see San Antonio draft him at 29, even though is projected mid second round.

If Sabonis is gone by 9, I'd go with Furkan Korkmaz or trade down for Brice Johnson.

If the team is unwilling to blow 27 on Payton and can't trade down, then grab Caris LaVert.

Or, trade Lowry, DeRozan and both our picks for Ben Simmons + bad contracts. Simmons (aka Magic Johnson 2) is going to be a monster.

After the draft trade the rights of Nando De Colo for the rights to Joel Bolomboy
              i agree with gp2. he is going to make it. that kid is sick.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Sure. But when you, standing idle in a defensive stance, take up two passing lanes, it's hard for any defensive minded coach not to salivate at the thought of what you could become.

Comment

• I actually would not be shocked to see GP2 taken by Boston at 23, and groomed as a smallish SG like Bradley, Seems like a Brad Stevens type player.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    I actually would not be shocked to see GP2 taken by Boston at 23, and groomed as a smallish SG like Bradley, Seems like a Brad Stevens type player.
                    You know why he seems like a Brad Stevens type player? Because the Celtics have a ton of those type of players already. Thomas, Bradley, Smart plus they drafted 2 guards last year who could barely get on the floor. Oh, I forgot about James Young (and Brad Stevens does too).

Though if Ainge jettisons a bunch of players to grab a superstar or two then there would likely be room for him.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to see Raptors acquire Thon Maker due to many reasons

1) He would be the darkhorse of the pick
                      2) His another Kevin Garnett 2.0 or Chris Bosh 2.0 down the road if developed properly, a team like the Raptors should give him a chance
                      3) He could be our franchise player along with Val if Lowry and DeRozan are gone
                      4) His young and tenacious and looking to dominate the game
                      5) He had a great highschool career, and might change the league to draft highschool players in the future as opposed all from college
                      6) He has a home here in Toronto
                      7) He's International
                      8) He doesn't have a me-first attitude
                      9) His coachable
                      10) His natural position is C but his more suited as a PF given his lanky frame

- Question is will he a worthwhile pick at No9 when we have Skal, Ellenson, Chriss, and Deyonta Davis on board.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        I'm looking forward to see Raptors acquire Thon Maker due to many reasons

2) His another Kevin Garnett 2.0 or Chris Bosh 2.0 down the road if developed properly, a team like the Raptors should give him a chance
                        3) He could be our franchise player along with Val if Lowry and DeRozan are gone
                        5) He had a great highschool career, and might change the league to draft highschool players in the future as opposed all from college
                        7) He's International
                        9) His coachable

- Question is will he a worthwhile pick at No9 when we have Skal, Ellenson, Chriss, and Deyonta Davis on board.
                        Talk about over-selling.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          I'm looking forward to see Raptors acquire Thon Maker due to many reasons

7) He's International
                          9) His coachable

If Masai takes Maker with the 9th pick. HE SHOULD BE FIRED!
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            If Masai takes Maker with the 9th pick. HE SHOULD BE FIRED!
                            Unless he is right and Maker will be a star! but that's not gonna happen! Maker is another 2 years away from being 2 years away player (if he even makes it).

Comment

• Saw on twitter that Marquese Chriss met with the Raptors. Cant post source since I'm at work.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Saw on twitter that Marquese Chriss met with the Raptors. Cant post source since I'm at work.
                                Pretty sure the source is Chriss. There's a video posted above where he lists all the teams he's met with after being asked by a reporter.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X