No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Bruno's developments and current skillset, where do you think he would get drafted?

I guess technically he's only 2 years away? Lol But I mean, he's still only 20 years old, and I'd say, still dripping with potential.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      With Bruno's developments and current skillset, where do you think he would get drafted?

I guess technically he's only 2 years away? Lol But I mean, he's still only 20 years old, and I'd say, still dripping with potential.
      around 20th. if he was a freshman and put his d-league numbers up in uni i would say lottery.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        would you trade back with Denver for 15 and 19 to take two of Wade Baldwin, Timothe Luwawu,Furkan Korkmaz,Domantas Sabonis, Taurean Prince? I'm not really wowed by anyone in our 9 range but all these players kind of intrigue me. We can stash two European players (with #27) and bring in one of the other guys. I really like Baldwin, and Korkmaz. Prince and Sabonis would be solid role players.
        Doubt Luwawu drops to 15. Personally not a huge fan of Furkan or Sabonis.

Comment

With Bruno's developments and current skillset, where do you think he would get drafted?

Somewhere in the lottery. I want to say mid. D-League numbers are more impressive than NCAA numbers due to the higher level of competition.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            Somewhere in the lottery. I want to say mid. D-League numbers are more impressive than NCAA numbers due to the higher level of competition.
            I find that hard to believe based on watching him play the few minutes in the NBA. He still looks completely lost out there. I can't imagine a lottery pick looking that out of place on the court in garbage time minutes.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              I find that hard to believe based on watching him play the few minutes in the NBA. He still looks completely lost out there. I can't imagine a lottery pick looking that out of place on the court in garbage time minutes.
              He grew a lot since the last time he played garbage minutes.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He grew a lot since the last time he played garbage minutes.
                He looked terrible in the last game of the regular season

Comment

D- league numbers are less irrelevant then NCAA. In NCAA it's all about wins and if you mess up then you get the hook in favor of someone else. In D league its all about player development and favortism, especially if you are a first round player.You really think anywhere else Bruno can shoot 10 3 pointers while only hitting 2 or 3 a game?! where you are automatically involved in the offence even though you aren't efficient enough but still get yours?! Time is running out.., Bruno best be sleeping and eating in the gym this summer.

Comment

Good question.

He's hard to compare to most drafts bc a) he played so few mins b) low profile club c) freak body.

This draft he's a bit like bender, except his club is solid and played lots of international/rep ball. Also like Diallo but he's got more exposure and experience. He even had even less exp. than Maker. His body is closest to Ingram
                    All Bruno really accomplish was bb w/o borders mvp. His first yr was = red shirt freshman w/o English or living in a 1st world country. So 905 was his first yr of org ball he actually got exp. based on his 905 numbers he compares to Brown but if you factor lvl of comp. his numbers are somewhere btwn Ingram and Chriss. So I'd say somewhere btwn chriss and brown as ceiling and kormaz/lawawu as floor.
                    If Bruno had comparable training and experience he could be top 5 in THIS draft. Masai would def. draft him at 9.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Tier 1: Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram
                      Tier 2: Dragan Bender, Deytona Davis, Jakob Poetl, Diamond Stone
                      Tier 3: Kris Dunn, Henry Ellenson, Domantis Sabonis, Denzel Valentine, [and Tyler Ullis, Jamal Murray]

Jeez that's a terrible break down in my opinion.
                      Stats sites like Nylon Calculus often come up with surprising insights (and oversights) by looking at the numbers. We'll only know who's right in a couple of years.

And their takeaways which are relevant for the discussion on this board are probably:
                      - if Davis (or Bender) is available when we pick, you take him without thinking about it
                      - we should at least think about Poetl and Stone
                      - Ellenson and Sabonis are the other smart picks
                      - FYI, they are not impressed with Skal

Both Davis and Sabonis are strong rebounders, a skill that translates well from college to the pros.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, it feels like Masai will have the pick of the litter when it comes to power forwards in this draft - good place to be.
                        What about bender?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          D- league numbers are less irrelevant then NCAA. In NCAA it's all about wins and if you mess up then you get the hook in favor of someone else. In D league its all about player development and favortism, especially if you are a first round player.You really think anywhere else Bruno can shoot 10 3 pointers while only hitting 2 or 3 a game?! where you are automatically involved in the offence even though you aren't efficient enough but still get yours?! Time is running out.., Bruno best be sleeping and eating in the gym this summer.
                          Then why Skal is in lottery lmao

Bruno would've been 8-15 pick. Things he does defensively plus his length are hard to pass on.
                          Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed May 25, 2016, 06:46 AM.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            What about bender?
                            Won't get to us. Honestly, if he drops outside top 3, I think some GM will look like a moron in a couple years.

Comment

• our best hope for Bender is for us to say HEY PHOENIX... Ross, 9th, 27th, Wright for that 4th pick?
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• That scenario would also count on Boston doing something unexpected. There are so many variables.
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X