No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of Rico Gathers as a 2nd round pick? He's thick beef who knows how to rebound. Decently athletic for a guy who weighs 260-270. His major flaws seem to be his post scoring and free throw shooting, but I think those are things that can be worked on in the D-League.
    Last edited by 92TillInfinity; Fri Jan 8, 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
      What do you guys think of Rico Gathers as a 2nd round pick? He's thick beef who knows how to rebound. Decently athletic for a guy who weighs 260-270. His major flaws seem to be his post scoring and free throw shooting, but I think those are things that can be worked on in the D-League.
      Don't think we have a 2nd right now.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Ivan Rabb had a good game against Utah and Jake Poeltl

Both guys 19/10 but Rabb did it on 7/12 and 5/6ft vs. 6/14 and 7/9 ft
        mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Big fan of his. Reminds me of a young Chris Bosh. With the way things are going he might go a head of Skal.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Big fan of his. Reminds me of a young Chris Bosh. With the way things are going he might go a head of Skal.
          At the beginning of the season; wasn't he in the top 5 range (pick wise)? Any idea why he's falling?
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            At the beginning of the season; wasn't he in the top 5 range (pick wise)? Any idea why he's falling?
            His struggle with physicality so far this year. Having issues rebounding at the college level. I think his only grab 5+ rebounds this year like 3 times. His also recorded a zero points and zero rebound game this year. Cal has taken him out of the starting line up as well. At the beginning of the year I was hoping he would fall to us but, now his starting to remind of Christian Wood from last year's draft.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If Poeltl is on the board when we draft, anyone think Masai might phone around and gauge interest in a Poeltl/Wright package? The two were dynamite together last year, and would potentially be a solid young bench duo for a rebuilding team.

Comment

His struggle with physicality so far this year. Having issues rebounding at the college level. I think his only grab 5+ rebounds this year like 3 times. His also recorded a zero points and zero rebound game this year. Cal has taken him out of the starting line up as well. At the beginning of the year I was hoping he would fall to us but, now his starting to remind of Christian Wood from last year's draft.
                You just completely sold him on me with that alone.

...I'm still high on Christian Wood and desparately want him on our D-League team. He was playing way better in the D-League then I would have guessed (as I also viewed him as a project pick) with a PER around 20.1 last I checked.

Outside of that though; it does kind of sound like he's falling now because he's actually playing and seems like more of a project then originally thought of. I'm okay with that kind of falling.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Yeah, I don't see how Masai can pass on him if his on the board. Perimeter oriented big with shoot blocking capabilities. Is kind of in vogue right now in the NBA.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah, I don't see how Masai can pass on him if his on the board. Perimeter oriented big with shoot blocking capabilities. Is kind of in vogue right now in the NBA.
                    Yup but the big knock on him is that if he can't handle the physicality of NCAA basketball there's no way he'd stand a chance in the NBA.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Yup but the big knock on him is that if he can't handle the physicality of NCAA basketball there's no way he'd stand a chance in the NBA.
                      That...that's actually a very good point but it might also be fixable.

Comment

• Really hope Ivan Rabb is still on the board when we pick.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Skal Labissiere played 4 minutes today against Alabama.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Skal Labissiere played 4 minutes today against Alabama.
                            If this picks up, i wouldn't be surprised if he elects to just go back to school for another year

Comment

• As a lithuanian it would be interesting to hear an outsiders opinion on Domantas Sabonis (Arvydas Sabonis' son) - a sophmore power forward playing for Gonzaga. And his prospects in the NBA

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
                                As a lithuanian it would be interesting to hear an outsiders opinion on Domantas Sabonis (Arvydas Sabonis' son) - a sophmore power forward playing for Gonzaga. And his prospects in the NBA
                                i have mentioned him a few times here. seems like a good offensive player and no way to argue with the pedigree.

Comment

Working...
                                X