Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I agree wright was brought in as backup until cojo came along. It wouldnt be fair to wright to have him sit in the d league and garbage minutes 2 straight years. He's ready and isn't that young. If you replace him with a 19 or 20 year old pg with upside he can marinate for 2 years until cojo contract expires and/or lowry moves on so he can step in to the rotation then
    He's getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. Its fair in my books. They trade him right now his value isn't as high as it would be next year after an injury pulls him in the lineup or resting guys earns him time out there. Theres no rush to trade him, and infact things could change where he's needed.

Comment

• I love Delon, I think we should hold onto him. Much higher ceiling than Cojo imo.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        I love Delon, I think we should hold onto him. Much higher ceiling than Cojo imo.
        I really rather hold on to our obvious draft picks that can contribute in the NBA, which includes D.Wright. Both Lowry and DeRozen + another Near-All-Star will not win us a Championship. Until a Top 5 NBA player joins us via trade or free agency and we keep Lowry, then we might have what it takes to be a walk-in to ECF, and have a good chance to go into the Finals

Comment

• I personally don't think his ceiling is above CoJo, but yeah, I think his trade value is about zero at the moment, so i don't think that we'll trade him. It would be a waste right now.

Comment

• I'm not saying trade wright but we have 3 point guards nba ready as well as 3 shooting guards nba ready. Somethings gotta give.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm not saying trade wright but we have 3 point guards nba ready as well as 3 shooting guards nba ready. Somethings gotta give.
              That's life on a good basketball team. I realize we're not used to it.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I would trade our 3rd string PG cause he wont play. He happens to be the same age as the player a head of him. Cory Joseph isnt going anywhere soon. I don't think Masai would of drafted Wright if he knew Cojo would be available. Also I don't think his ceilling is higher than Cojo. Dejounte Murray on the other hand is for years younger and can develop behind Lowry/Cojo. Murray also has a higher ceilling than both Cojo and Wright.
                Teams need 3 point guards on the roster, now more than ever they can also play together in the backcourt.

Comment

I'm not saying trade wright but we have 3 point guards nba ready as well as 3 shooting guards nba ready. Somethings gotta give.
                  Why? The roster is 15 = 3 players at each position give or take. Who cares if they don't all get to play that much?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    That's life on a good basketball team. I realize we're not used to it.
                    Yeah, I don't know how Masai trades any of Bebe, Bruno, Wright, or Powell this offseason unless they are what the other team really wants in order to take back a Ross contract or somesuch in exchange for a starting PF. Like, if Atlanta were to offer Millsap for Ross but only if they also get Delon, you do that in a heartbeat (not suggesting the remote possibility of such a trade; just making an example).

Those guys are all developing as assets basically for free in the Raptors system, they've all shown that they could be valuable trade assets down the road if not rotation players in Toronto. They're not worth much in trade in terms of salary, so it seems logical to hang onto your investment and let it grow before selling off...
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Well, the first something should definitely be Terrence.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• How is Wright suppose to raise his value if he doesnt play?
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 9, 2016, 07:28 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          How is Wright suppose to raise his value if he doesnt play?

Comment

• Domantas Sabonis said he will only workout for 4 teams(Raps, Suns, Jazz and Celtics)
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              He did that this year. Is his value really going to get higher playing in the D league again?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Why? The roster is 15 = 3 players at each position give or take. Who cares if they don't all get to play that much?
                                Well for one, your 3rd stringer should be either a rookie or an OG bargain bin vet, not a sophomore who showed he's ready in his rookie year and already played 3 or 4 college seasons.

For two, it wouldn't be as big a thing if we were 3 deep everywhere, but our front court only has 2 returning players and 2pat isn't really a bona fide starter.

So when you have 6 quality hungry guys in the backcourt, and only 3 in the other 3 positions total, you should move some stuff around.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X