Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
    no one we draft will have an immediate impact/contributor given that Casey takes his time to develop young players and the Raps are contenders now, I'd draft Skal Labissiere at #9...6'11/7'3 wingspan/9'0 reach, hyper athletic, silky smooth jumper, 3pt range, good slasher, elite rim protection ability and all star level ceiling....trust the program and put him in the hands of the 905 for a year or two to add 20-30lbs to his frame and develop.

Skal reminds me a little of Camby, who was a rail-thin rim protector with a decent jumper. Camby was overpowered by bigger vets when he first came into the league, but became a legit defensive anchor and fantastic rebounder. Skal has much more range.

My gut tells me that Skal, Chriss and Davis could all be guys that MU targets at #9.

Comment

• [QUOTE=TrueTorontoFan;654815]Skal vs Sabonis vs Marquese Chriss, vs Henry Ellenson

what are peoples thoughts who would fit best?
      See
      https://deanondraft.com/2016/05/29/2...uaku/#comments

Comment

• Yeah, I've been down with Chriss/Davis/Skal for a while now. With Luwawu as an outside possibility.

I'd be happy with any of those 4, as all have nice upside and varying degrees of defensive and offensive promise (both of which are kind of hard to judge).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Ulis is 150lbs. Heven will get killed in he NBA. Whenever he's on the floor it should be an automatic post up
          How's Isaiah Thomas doing?

I'm talking 27th pick and I clearly indicated second unit destination. How many bench point guards are good down low in the post. For a strategy to work you need the right guy out there running it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm talking 27th pick and I clearly indicated second unit destination. How many bench point guards are good down low in the post. For a strategy to work you need the right guy out there running it.
            IT was 186lbs at the time of the 2011 draft. Any NBA player can take advantage of a guy they have 40+ lbs on.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
              no one we draft will have an immediate impact/contributor given that Casey takes his time to develop young players and the Raps are contenders now, I'd draft Skal Labissiere at #9...6'11/7'3 wingspan/9'0 reach, hyper athletic, silky smooth jumper, 3pt range, good slasher, elite rim protection ability and all star level ceiling....trust the program and put him in the hands of the 905 for a year or two to add 20-30lbs to his frame and develop.

Trust the program? I mean, obviously you need good guidance for development, but you know most of this is up to the player, right? Bennett, for all the shit he's gotten as a "bust", has the tools of a lottery pick. How did our program help him? And it's his own fault for not taking advantage, but that's kind of the point. The burden of responsibility is on the player. You have to have a good read on whether they have the personality to make the most of what they've got. In fact this should arguably be the most important criterion when making your draft pick.

*And I wouldn't be upset at Skal being picked, but yeah, I'd hope they think it's because he does have a good enough mentality to excel. If there's any doubt about that I hope they pass on him.

Comment

• I fully expect Skal to be a big riser and not be there by the time we pick

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Davis looks like the safest pick. At the very worst, he's a John Henson type of rebounding, rim protection, guard the perimeter mobile big that has good value in the NBA these days. But that shooting form hints at more potential on offense. Reminds me a little bit of a Bosh, honestly.

A lot of the other players being discussed have the downside potential of not even being a top 10 rotation player, without the all-star risk/reward upside, IMO.
                  Davis intrigues partly because of the bold. For the talk of his offensive limitations, it doesn't seem to be an issue of a fundamental lack of ability. His shot is not broken. It's not hard to imagine him becoming a good shooter. He seems to have a good motor, plays D and hits the glass hard.

It's probably affecting my judgment that he has that quiet Kawhi-like character in interviews, and Kawhi was looked at as offensively limited as well. I keep thinking "this could be the PF/C version of Kawhi".

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Not specifically directed at you, Apollo, but this is what I love about the draft. The overflowing optimism and how easy it is to overlook flaws of some players. Until draft day, we will see a lot of this...

Un-athletic big men: what about Kevin Love or Dirk?
                    Un-athletic guards: what about Steph Curry?
                    Under-sized big men: what about Barkley or Draymond?
                    Little guys: what about Isaiah Thomas ?
                    Skinny guys: what about Camby or Tayshawn?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Trust the program? I mean, obviously you need good guidance for development, but you know most of this is up to the player, right? Bennett, for all the shit he's gotten as a "bust", has the tools of a lottery pick. How did our program help him? And it's his own fault for not taking advantage, but that's kind of the point. The burden of responsibility is on the player. You have to have a good read on whether they have the personality to make the most of what they've got. In fact this should arguably be the most important criterion when making your draft pick.

*And I wouldn't be upset at Skal being picked, but yeah, I'd hope they think it's because he does have a good enough mentality to excel. If there's any doubt about that I hope they pass on him.
                      not fair to blame the program for bennet. he is a lazy lazy man. so far, everyone who has come here and worked has improved. you don't get better from always being injured and having an excuse on why you can't play and then when you do play you never play hard because you are naturally gifted.

Comment

• Draft Express just moved Chriss up to #3 to Boston in their latest mock...so that's new and weird.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Edit: Oh, and Jamal Murray down to 8. Almost...
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Looking Ahead: 2016 NBA Draft

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          Draft Express just moved Chriss up to #3 to Boston in their latest mock...so that's new and weird.

Not a fan of how that goes down for us. Poetl doesn't seem like a high enough ceiling guy to justify taking ahead of Davis/Skal.

Brice Johnson at 27 doesn't excite me, would rather Zhou Qi or another international prospect there.
                          Last edited by Axel; Wed Jun 1, 2016, 11:54 AM.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            Draft Express just moved Chriss up to #3 to Boston in their latest mock...so that's new and weird.

They dropped Valentine down to 20th. If that happens talk about a value pick.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              not fair to blame the program for bennet. he is a lazy lazy man. so far, everyone who has come here and worked has improved. you don't get better from always being injured and having an excuse on why you can't play and then when you do play you never play hard because you are naturally gifted.
                              I literally did the opposite. But that was my point. The program is not some huge factor that guarantees anything. It can't turn shit into gold. And that's based on mentality, not on skills/potential. These kids are who they are and the "program" has a lot less impact on their ability to improve than their own will to improve. The guys who "want it" the most improve the most. That's how it is regardless of program. Even arguably regardless of talent (what's Durant's motto? "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"). Program only does so much for these kids. It's resources and a work environment. Probably very few teams that suck in those areas...like Sacto.

Comment

• I actually don't mind any of the guys they are taking a look at though.

I'd love to see Kyle Wiltjer in a Raptors/905 jersey personally. People are forgetting that he was projected as a late 1st-rounder in his sophomore year. He's put up consistant numbers for the Zags since then and is better all-around than Sabonis is.

He'd be a great pick at 27 if we go with a SG at 9.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X