Relax was a joke
    It's hard to tell with the current state of mass hysteria and anger
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If he is smart he is on the phone with the nets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Ok I want u guys to think about this for a sec. Say u believe me that poeltl is a power forward and can guard his position and pick and rolls. That means that if JV extents his range we have interchangeable players on offence. Aka twin towers. Rebounding is covered low post scoring is cover mid range scoring is covered block is covered. We can now slow the game down and play have court rebound and push with our wings Powell is extremely good in transition. Ucla that was his bread and butter. U guys r going to be very happy with this pick

If Poeltl proves able to play the 4, this is a brilliant pick indeed. We'll see. Not going to bank on it just yet.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          If Poeltl proves able to play the 4, this is a brilliant pick indeed. We'll see. Not going to bank on it just yet.
          Trust me it's all coaching from here on in the talent is there

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            It's hard to tell with the current state of mass hysteria and anger
            Meh besides Simmons no one else is guaranteed... still gotta go out and play... for all we know the #3 pick could be a bust and number #33 could be a starter for years to come...

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Playing the 4 in today's NBA means you have to guard guys like Lebron, Paul George, KD, Draymond, Melo, etc.... If JP can do THAT, then it's a brilliant pick. Otherwise one of JV or JP (or both) are on the bench when other teams to their versions of the death lineup.

Comment

• Poltl was a safe pick.

I'm fine with it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Playing the 4 in today's NBA means you have to guard guys like Lebron, Paul George, KD, Draymond, Melo, etc.... If JP can do THAT, then it's a brilliant pick. Otherwise one of JV or JP (or both) are on the bench when other teams to their versions of the death lineup.
                  OKC got away with playing Kanter and Adams together for stretches during the playoffs, and Kanter is awful defensively.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                    Meh besides Simmons no one else is guaranteed... still gotta go out and play... for all we know the #3 pick could be a bust and number #33 could be a starter for years to come...
                    i agree if i had the first pick i would definitely pick simmons

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Man you've been holding out on posting forever. Welcome to the land of the living!

To your post, I think the question we need to ask is.... how do all these pieces fit together? We drafted Delon Wright last year as one of the oldest players in the draft and he didn't see the floor. Poeltl projects to be behind Jonas. Then we're going to have Casey using him sparingly as we try to aggressively make the playoffs.

I think we have to wait a few more weeks to really make sense of all these moving parts, because right now it seems like kind of a mishmash.
                      Most teams are mishmashes, because GMs know that the one thing that is always true about basketball is that talent trumps everything else, so get as much as possible and then figure it out later. Poeltl might not be able to share the floor with JV, true, but Masai believed - not unfairly - that he had the most talent of everyone available at 9. So you get the most talent, and the worst case scenario is you've got a really good center rotation, with Jonas starting and Jakob and Bebe competing to be the best backup.

Pascal is a reach, but he's who Masai wanted, and Bruno aside, most of Masai's calls about player quality have been good. So again: we'll see.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        Ok I want u guys to think about this for a sec. Say u believe me that poeltl is a power forward and can guard his position and pick and rolls. That means that if JV extents his range we have interchangeable players on offence. Aka twin towers. Rebounding is covered low post scoring is cover mid range scoring is covered block is covered. We can now slow the game down and play have court rebound and push with our wings Powell is extremely good in transition. Ucla that was his bread and butter. U guys r going to be very happy with this pick

They very purposefully listed him as a power forward. He'll come off the bench to start but down the line there's definitely some twin-tower potential. I really do think it will be him and Biz coming off the bench together at times (others it will be Bruno).

Patterson is the finesse to JV's power. Poeltl will be the finesse to Biyombo's.

Comment

• Seriously, we've gone from weak inside. To solid this year. To beastly next.
                          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            So Wayne Selden did not get drafted eh? he was projected to be a top 10 pick 2 years ago.
                            should've entered the draft in 2013
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I am glad we seem to be in the acceptance phase. I'll just make a couple of points...a) it's not that Masai never tried to trade the pick (Ibaka) b) It's not like Poeltl never appeared in the #9 slot in multiple mock drafts for about a month at least.

Just because Poeltl was not this forum's idea of the sexy pick doesn't mean he has no/little value. We just dont know right now. I have yet to digest #27 but clearly the brain trust see something special in him.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                They very purposefully listed him as a power forward. He'll come off the bench to start but down the line there's definitely some twin-tower potential. I really do think it will be him and Biz coming off the bench together at times (others it will be Bruno).

Patterson is the finesse to JV's power. Poeltl will be the finesse to Biyombo's.
                                Yeah I like our frontcourt, we still need another PF, but its manageable without one. Of course Patterson starts and plays majority of the PF minutes, and then Carroll and Poeltl, maybe Bruno will take up a few minutes each at PF.

Who knows, Siakam might impress like Powell did last season and get minutes.
                                Last edited by A.I; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X