Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 first round draft pick from L.A. Clippers

L.A. Clippers' 1st round pick to Toronto (via Milwaukee) protected for selections 1-14 in 2017, 1-14 in 2018 and 1-14 in 2019; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Toronto by 2019, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2020 2nd round pick and 2021 2nd round pick to Toronto [L.A. Clippers-Milwaukee, 8/26/2014; Milwaukee-Toronto, 6/25/2015]

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      YCATI? (you couldn't abbreviate "that's it"?)
      hahahaha
      I actually noticed the 2 abv's and laughed when i typed um

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        You got to swing for the fences with this pick. Were not going to be in the lottery for a while. Got to go for the highest upside and that's Skal. He's the exact reason why we got the 905.
        I don't buy that Skal has the "highest upside." Upside isn't just "if everything breaks right he'll be perfect" because you can say that about almost any player. You have to look at realistic upside as well, and Skal's is terrible: whenever he's been given any serious opposition on the court he has folded, and badly at that.

Like, let's say Davis is telling the truth and he's a decent distance shooter. He's already got all the other things a rookie in his position would be expected to have, and he can learn passing and defense. Why, then, would we say that his upside is lower than Skal's?

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          LA's only realistic trade partner for CP3 is Cleveland (a Kyrie/CP3 swap). So if you count Kyrie as "huge returns" then maybe.

Blake would fetch more because there are a few bidders, but it'll be prospects and picks, and the Clippers don't want to rebuild so much as they want to re-jigger.
          I'd still take an old CP3 over prime Kyrie, simply for the compete level. Kyrie gives you nothing (or negative) on defense, and disappears far too frequently on offense.

CP3 is the heart and soul of that Clippers team. I could possibly see them slipping out of playoff contention with a Blake/Kyrie/DJ core and becoming a classic 7-11 team. And Kyrie is always injured, as is Griffin lately.

Comment

• Ballenthusiast wrote: View Post
            Sabonis offers up no rim protection, lateral quickness, length and spacing. His whole offensive game is predicated on under the basket buckets. We need to think long-term fit with JV instead of readiness. Davis is that dude.
            Sabonis came a long way last year. I mentioned before that I think he has a very high floor. Probably the highest of any of the picks in the 9 range. I think he'll be a solid pro. He's intense and scrappy and is a very good rebounder. At this stage though I think Davis might have more upside, primarily due to his athleticism, height and wingspan. He looks like he COULD become an elite defensive big with a still raw offensive game that could Develop to make him a better rounded player.

Comment

• Jesus....Ellenson is now down to #15 on DX. That's a big drop.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                I don't buy that Skal has the "highest upside." Upside isn't just "if everything breaks right he'll be perfect" because you can say that about almost any player. You have to look at realistic upside as well, and Skal's is terrible: whenever he's been given any serious opposition on the court he has folded, and badly at that.

Like, let's say Davis is telling the truth and he's a decent distance shooter. He's already got all the other things a rookie in his position would be expected to have, and he can learn passing and defense. Why, then, would we say that his upside is lower than Skal's?
                I kinda like this perspective

Skal has the potential to reach great things, but Davis is most likely to actually do great things

He can play NBA defense from day 1, and is a very efficient threat as the roll man.

There...he is able to immediately contribute as a complimentary player while he slowly develops a consistent shot...and jump shooting is the easiest skill to learn

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Jesus....Ellenson is now down to #15 on DX. That's a big drop.
                  Not a surprise.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    I kinda like this perspective

Skal has the potential to reach great things, but Davis is most likely to actually do great things

He can play NBA defense from day 1, and is a very efficient threat as the roll man.

There...he is able to immediately contribute as a complimentary player while he slowly develops a consistent shot...and jump shooting is the easiest skill to learn
                    Totally agree. If its a choice between Davis and Skal. I would take Davis
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• But damn Davis really butchered his interview

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                        He didn't say the big men turn into good shooters. He said they don't have much of an opportunity at Kentucky becase Calipari doesn't really let them.
                        +1

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          But damn Davis really butchered his interview
                          I think if Davis is available we take him...barring any of the top end guys falling into our laps. But damn that interview "scared" me. Apart from his diction he was too passive it seemed. Tough...jyd Green-tough is what I hope we get...and do they have iq tests at the combine?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I think if Davis is available we take him...barring any of the top end guys falling into our laps. But damn that interview "scared" me. Apart from his diction he was too passive it seemed. Tough...jyd Green-tough is what I hope we get...and do they have iq tests at the combine?
                            Yeah and thats the guy who needs to be loud and communicate on defensive end too. So hopefully it was just nervousness.

Comment

• Latest rapcast was terrible draft coverage. Better combo happening on this board. Wish they still had Steve gennaro.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                I don't want to say actual IQ (the way IQ is traditionally measured) has nothing to do with Basketball IQ but based on considerable experience playing I think it has very little to do with it. Factors such as selfishness, ego, special awareness and perhaps some intellectual curiosity probably play a pretty big role too. I have played with very smart people (by IQ test / school & university marks / GMAT scores, MBA & CFA designations) who are some of the dumbest basketball players you could imagine. And conversely played with high school dropouts and others that just came across as dumb while having superb basketball IQ. Of course I've also experienced smart people with basketball smarts and dumb people who are also dumb at basketball. I'm at least saying I don't think there is any concrete correlation between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X