Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yeah last year's draft was supposedly weak. Nobody knows shit except an educated guess until they start playing nba games. And I mean nobody.
    This point cannot be emphasized enough when it comes to the NBA draft.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      It's not a weightlifting competition or tryout for the debate team. Writing off a 18-23 yr old for any single thing like that is just silly to me.
      Agreed. I remember that Al Jefferson had never lifted weights before he got drafted, but he was as strong as an ox and has had a very solid career.

Ellenson strikes me Asa good basketball athlete - doesn't look like much but gets
      It done on the court. His rebounding numbers back this up I think.

When it comes down to it, I'm seeing a lot of bias against white American big men. Byron Mullens? That isn't even in the right ballpark as a comparison. Ellenson is a lot closer to someone like Lamar Odom than he is to Mullens. And people keep sneering at Kevin Love like he wouldn't be a great pick for this team at 9.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Agreed. I remember that Al Jefferson had never lifted weights before he got drafted, but he was as strong as an ox and has had a very solid career.

Ellenson strikes me Asa good basketball athlete - doesn't look like much but gets

When it comes down to it, I'm seeing a lot of bias against white American big men. Byron Mullens? That isn't even in the right ballpark as a comparison. Ellenson is a lot closer to someone like Lamar Odom than he is to Mullens. And people keep sneering at Kevin Love like he wouldn't be a great pick for this team at 9.
        I really like the Lamar Odom comp.

Comment

Odom? So he can play point forward and defend 5 positions? That's news to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Odom? So he can play point forward and defend 5 positions? That's news to me.

It's more of an offensive comp. and it is obviously a poor man's Odom. He runs the floor and handles the ball really well. Those are 2 of his major strengths, similar to Odom's.

Comment

• Lollll what??? I'm sorry Lamar Odom fucked up his life but was a pretty good player who can play any position he wants on the court. Comparing Ellenson to him is disrespect to his basketball career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looking Ahead: 2016 NBA Draft

It's not a direct comparison, but ellenson's offensive game has attributes similar to Odom's. What the videos of him in transition.

Comment

• yeah i wouldn't really compare him to Odom at all.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    It's more of an offensive comp. and it is obviously a poor man's Odom. He runs the floor and handles the ball really well. Those are 2 of his major strengths, similar to Odom's.
                    Odom could basically play any position on the court at both ends. Ellenson will be lucky to effectively play one on both ends. I don't understand this comparison one bit.

Comment

Please, don't bring race into this. VIDEO DOESN'T LIE. NUMBERS DON'T LIE. Also, potential player ceilings are tied to age AND athleticism. No one here cares what background anyone is unless it impacts their ability to help the Raptors win a title.

Ellenson cannot jump, has great form, deserves to be drafted, but at the spots bigs are expected to shoot -- the 3 at the top of the arch and on the elbows his shot is abysmal. He's not going to get more athletic. That's not a top 10 pick.

Don't drag race into it!

Personally, I like Juan, crappy defender, a bit awkward, but as a late first rounder he's explosive and, can stretch the floor. It seems his ceiling his pretty high.

Comment

When Yao came into the league he couldn't incline bench 20lb dumbells. Just more evidence that lifting weights means jack shit for a rookie. These guys are 19,20,21. You get them on a diet plan and after a few months of weight training they will be as yoked as you need them to be.

Comment

• Durant couldn't bench 125

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                            When Yao came into the league he couldn't incline bench 20lb dumbells. Just more evidence that lifting weights means jack shit for a rookie. These guys are 19,20,21. You get them on a diet plan and after a few months of weight training they will be as yoked as you need them to be.
                            Precisely. And no one should be freaking out over player comparisons in a draft thread, especially when it's framed as "closer to this player than to that player."

And you're telling ME not to bring race into it? Sheesh

Comment

• Drafting psychology is so messed up which is why I happily leave it to Masai and Co. We have such a glaring hole at PF, that it seems like the focus of the draft at the expense of looking over others. But if Masai can get a starting PF in free agency/trades, it makes a rookie PF obsolete. I guess that's the argument for BPA. How can you not let the spectre of our PF troubles not influence your mind at the draft while at the same time be trying to find one on the market?

Comment

• Really don't see any comparison between Ellenson and Odom. Odom was a point forward, Ellenson seems more of an unathletic shooter. He's not as good as Love, so maybe Antoine Walker is the more suitable comp. Employee #8 made baskets.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X