Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
    27. Zubac (sorry for typo) would be your typical draft-and-stash while Stone is a high-upside end of first round or start of second round guy like Cliff Alexander last year.
    Zubac would not be a typical draft and stash. He wants to come to the NBA now.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      any rookie brought in will be behind bebe in the depth chart. they will do their time in the d. the only position a rookie could/would get playing time with the big club is at the 4.
      Which is the position I am advocating for filling. But I respectively disagree in any case. Poetl is better than Bebe. Are you suggesting that Bebe would go top 10 in this draft?

Please let me know on what basis Bebe should be our default back up 5? Please don't just provide an opinion. Please support it with facts / data / game info. How has he demonstrated he is ready for significant rotation minutes?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        Which is the position I am advocating for filling. But I respectively disagree in any case. Poetl is better than Bebe. Are you suggesting that Bebe would go top 10 in this draft?

Please let me know on what basis Bebe should be our default back up 5? Please don't just provide an opinion. Please support it with facts / data / game info. How has he demonstrated he is ready for significant rotation minutes?
        casey. hits all your requirements

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          75% IS an an overwhelming majority, it's a landslide election victory. The accepted definition is a general agreement, which there is regarding Poeltl being a top 10 pick.

Anyway, this is all beside the point which is he's a damn fine prospect.
          No one thinks 75% is a "consensus." Because it isn't. Again, "overwhelming majority" was me being generous with the definition. Consensus means everyone thinks that.

Oh, and 8/12 is 67%.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            tough chirp .. grindhouse.. back to you.. or you might owe beers..
            lol i got beers if they out draft me they havent yet

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              No one thinks 75% is a "consensus." Because it isn't. Again, "overwhelming majority" was me being generous with the definition. Consensus means everyone thinks that.

Oh, and 8/12 is 67%.
              Doesn't consensus mean everyone agrees to something, even if everyone doesn't think that?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6909...layer_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhAnaP-hCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VtviDbZnDg

poeltl has the speed to play power forward he has range it would be a mistake not to draft him

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  Is he in the 27 range? I remember hearing about him last year. Wasn't he a potential top ten guy last year?
                  Yes, he was around 10-14 most of the year. He was a top HS recruit. Trimble was a 1st rd pick most of the yr too. Maryland competed for #1 for a long time and then looked average in the tournament.
                  Stone reminds me of nazr Mohammed. There was a video of him vs ellenson. Probably still on dx.
                  I don't think Trimble is top 60 for awhile now. Crazy draft.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Bebe can shoot 3's though & hit them consistently in D-League along with 2 up here I think.
                    I never saw that on 905 or summer league. The odd elbow jumper but mostly pass first, rim run or put backs. I watched all summer league and a handful of 905. Any stat geeks have at it.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Bebe can shoot 3's though & hit them consistently in D-League along with 2 up here I think.
                      Bebe can shoot but he's not a shooter.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        I never saw that on 905 or summer league. The odd elbow jumper but mostly pass first, rim run or put backs. I watched all summer league and a handful of 905. Any stat geeks have at it.
                        By stat geek, do you mean rudimentary ability and inclination to use google?

He played 10 games, took 11, made 3.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Zubac would not be a typical draft and stash. He wants to come to the NBA now.
                          Yeah I don't know much about Zubac, but it I gather he is a pretty skilled center with a nice physical profile. Not sure he is a good compliment to JV off the bench though, they seem to pretty much have the same strengths and weaknesses, not sure if I like that longterm even though I think Zubac is a very good prospect. Sound about right to more knowledgable people?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Consensus? Or DX? Because when NBA.com did their consensus collection of mocks, of the 12 mocks, 8 had him as a top 10 pick, 4 didn't, and of the 8, 3 of them had him as exactly 10th, meaning only 5 of the 12 thought he was a top 9 pick.
                            He was mostly 4-8 the whole year. He got pushed back to 10 or so after sabonis destroyed him. Not gonna bother with the definition of consensus but hes consensus lottery pick according to your reference. Nobody bats an eye if he goes 10 and seems to be the bucks first choice.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              He doesn't like Murray at all either. Basically says Jamal can't distribute or defend.

Screw him.
                              Listen to the duncdon pod review of murray. Those guys know what's up.

Comment

• Good lord that RR podcast was hard to listen to.

Comment

Working...
                                X