No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matters zero what you or I think. Casey coaches the Raptors.

Casey said he could see Poeltl being used at power forward...

“He rim runs every time down the floor,” Casey said. “Not every other time. He’s a good, persistent runner, and that’s what you want from your bigs. He’s a good passer out of the post in high-low situations, and that will translate in him being able to play on the floor with JV some if we see that this summer.”
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle30602194/
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      His college coach(played in NBA) who has seen more than summer league say his a 5. He has quick feet for a center. When you put him at the 4 it goes from an advantage to a disavantage. Siakam is the future 4 for this team anayways.
      He has quick feet period.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Matters zero what you or I think. Casey coaches the Raptors.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle30602194/
        Casey also said we'd see him play some 4 in summer league but, we didn't see any of that. When it is all said and done I think he ends up a 5. Could he play some minutes at 4 maybe. Most of his minutes in the NBA will be at the 5. Only time will tell which one of us was right.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Casey also said we'd see him play some 4 in summer league but, we didn't see any of that. When it is all said and done I think he ends up a 5. Could he play some minutes at 4 maybe. Most of his minutes in the NBA will be at the 5. Only time will tell which one of us was right.
          Yes we did. Did you watch the last game? Poeltl played huge chunks of the game beside Kirk out there and guarded the smaller player defensively.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Yes we did. Did you watch the last game? Poeltl played huge chunks of the game beside Kirk out there and guarded the smaller player defensively.
            That was actually the only game I missed. Interesting, how did he fair? Still think he will play more 5 than 4 in his career. I don't see the point of trying to turn him into a 4 when we can just develop Siakam. Sound like a waste of development time.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That was actually the only game I missed. Interesting, how did he fair? Still think he will play more 5 than 4 in his career. I don't see the point of trying to turn him into a 4 when we can just develop Siakam. Sound like a waste of development time.
              I dont think it's about turning him into anything. His skillset and mobility allow him to potentially play some 4. While Siakam projects as an NBA 4, he was also drafted much later for a reason. JP is a skilled player, and if he can fill a need for us in certain situations, we should be developing and preparing him for that.

Comment

No one is trying to turn him into anything. They are evaluating what he already is, or is on the path to becoming, which to some, including seemingly the Raptors' brass, is a combo 4/5.

He did fine, as expected.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• speaking of the 2016 draft, rumor is that Celtics 16th pick Yabusele is going to play in china this season.

I am just loving how hilariously bad Boston's draft went. So much for having assets of interest to trade for a superstar.

Comment

Yeah I preferred stackhouse rotations to jama. It was a natural look for yak but he wasn't out of place. Small sample and matchup dependent tho.

Comment

No one is trying to turn him into anything. They are evaluating what he already is, or is on the path to becoming, which to some, including seemingly the Raptors' brass, is a combo 4/5.

He did fine, as expected.
                      frankly some other summer league vets like Bruno had a sub-par game which lead to that close lose. I think the team was somewhat disappointed for not advancing but some experimentation was not the cause. Even though I thought Bruno did not play well he did some very good things and got some nice complements from the broadcast team's for plays such as that well timed block , his buzzer beater,(that got over looked because of freds from a longer distance. As far as Jacob goes I sure he will get time in scrimmages and possibly the exhibition season at both the 4 and 5.

Comment

His college coach(played in NBA) who has seen more than summer league say his a 5. He has quick feet for a center. When you put him at the 4 it goes from an advantage to a disavantage. Siakam is the future 4 for this team anayways.
                        pump the brakes man.

siakam is a late first round pick. odds are he's a role player at best, bench guy more likely.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          pump the brakes man.

siakam is a late first round pick. odds are he's a role player at best, bench guy more likely.
                          Serge Ibaka was a late first round pick as well. I wouldn't be surprise if he ended up having the same kind of career.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            pump the brakes man.

He did look like a world beater in the time he played but that was a very small sample size. All players are capable of getting hot as Ross and Carter share the record for pt's in one game for a raptor and terrance is not close to the player vince was at the same experience level.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              He did look like a world beater in the time he played but that was a very small sample size. All players are capable of getting hot as Ross and Carter share the record for pt's in one game for a raptor and terrance is not close to the player vince was at the same experience level.

he played what, 15 minutes of summer league?

Comment

Serge Ibaka was a late first round pick as well. I wouldn't be surprise if he ended up having the same kind of career.
                                So was Tony Parker, Craig Brackins, Jimmy Butler, Fab Melo, Rudy Gobert, Casey Jacobson, Derek Fisher, Alex Ajinca and Steve Nash, so I think he'll have a career like them. All of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X