No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not doubting Yak can play the 4 in spurts. If you want him to reach his full potential I think it's at the 5. Yes, he has quick feet but, that doesn't mean he has to be a 4. In the modern NBA your bigs have to able to guard the perimeter. Not just the 4. Poeltl remind me of Joackim Noah the way he moves his feet. Also his passing skills.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      So was Tony Parker, Craig Brackins, Jimmy Butler, Fab Melo, Rudy Gobert, Casey Jacobson, Derek Fisher, Alex Ajinca and Steve Nash, so I think he'll have a career like them. All of them.
      None of those guys are PF that are 6'10 with a 7+ wingspan and can guard on the perimeter. So those would not be a good comparison. Also Steve Nash was still a lottery pick I believe.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        pump the brakes man.

siakam is a late first round pick. odds are he's a role player at best, bench guy more likely.
        Also isnt Ibaka a role player?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
          He did look like a world beater in the time he played but that was a very small sample size. All players are capable of getting hot as Ross and Carter share the record for pt's in one game for a raptor and terrance is not close to the player vince was at the same experience level.
          Yeah but with guys like Siakam who always play at super high effort/intensity, you have to take summer league with an even bigger grain of salt. Hardly anyone plays hard in summer league so you'll look a lot better than the competition if you are always playing at your highest gear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Yeah but with guys like Siakam who always play at super high effort/intensity, you have to take summer league with an even bigger grain of salt. Hardly anyone plays hard in summer league so you'll look a lot better than the competition if you are always playing at your highest gear.

People are playing for thier livelihood. Why wouldn't they be playing hard?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Why does where somone is picked put a ceilling on how good they can be? Have we not learned anything from Norman Powell?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Agreed. It's talent, system and chemistry, not effort.

Powell is the exception, not the rule.

Comment

I'm not doubting Yak can play the 4 in spurts. If you want him to reach his full potential I think it's at the 5. Yes, he has quick feet but, that doesn't mean he has to be a 4. In the modern NBA your bigs have to able to guard the perimeter. Not just the 4. Poeltl remind me of Joackim Noah the way he moves his feet. Also his passing skills.
                  I don't think anyone envisions Poeltl as a pure 4. Since the draft, those wanting him to play the 4 have been advocating for a PF/C role for him, which would eliminate long term concerns of having both him and JV, as if he can even play 12MPG at PF then he can coexist with JV in a rotation no problem.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. It's talent, system and chemistry, not effort.

Powell is the exception, not the rule.
                    I'm not saying Powell is the rule. Why is Siakam becoming a Ibaka type player such a stretch? Physical tools are a like. Both can move thier feet well. Both were known as good defenders when drafted.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      he played what, 15 minutes of summer league?
                      is not that the point I am trying to make? Ross scored 51 in a game as did vince but did ross every average 27ppg for a season?

Comment

Also isnt Ibaka a role player?
                        I do not think the magic agree with you judging by the assets they shipped OKC's way

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          I do not think the magic agree with you judging by the assets they shipped OKC's way
                          I still think that was a horrible trade, unless ibaka comes better than ever but he's been in decline for 2 years so I have my doubts
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm not saying Powell is the rule. Why is Siakam becoming a Ibaka type player such a stretch? Physical tools are a like. Both can move thier feet well. Both were known as good defenders when drafted.
                            He could, not saying the contrary or specifics, just speaking generally in relation to draft history.
                            I don't see the yak/Noah comp. Yak passes well from the double on the block. Noah passes well generally but best out of the high post. This is bebe's best offensive skill, as well as rim run. Yak upside is more like Pau. Also yak is a bit of a puss and low key whereas Noah is a vocal beast. Yaks gotta a better stroke. They both have lateral quicks and positioning but not the most readily comparable player. Not first to my mind anyway.

Comment

Most games the intensity is like beer league low. It might as well be pickup at the YMCA. Most games make the intensity in a preseason game look like the NBA finals. Most guys lack the drive/motor to succeed or the sheer physical tools to keep up with the game. Summer league rosters are after all primarily made up of fringe- and non-NBAers.

"Playing for your livelihood" is an empty statement. Most of these guys are too physically or mentally limited to overcome those limitations. Mostly it helps them stay on the radar for the d league or overseas leagues, where they have no problem taking NBA washouts, has-beens and never-will-bes. Yeah their livelihood is affected, but it in no way means they're physically or mentally able to compete at an NBA level.

People's livelihoods can depend on how well they do in school, doesn't stop a big chunk of people showing up inadequately prepared, focused, rested, etc. for things like exams and presentations.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                He could, not saying the contrary or specifics, just speaking generally in relation to draft history.
                                I don't see the yak/Noah comp. Yak passes well from the double on the block. Noah passes well generally but best out of the high post. This is bebe's best offensive skill, as well as rim run. Yak upside is more like Pau. Also yak is a bit of a puss and low key whereas Noah is a vocal beast. Yaks gotta a better stroke. They both have lateral quicks and positioning but not the most readily comparable player. Not first to my mind anyway.
                                I think Yak is just a good passer. Doesn't matter if his doubled. IMO.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X