Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADMaVoGvhQ

Seems like a fun guy. Fan favourite for sure.

Comment

• I'd be curious to see a do-over of the poll at the top of this thread. I think Davis was kinda the flavour of the week right when that poll was put up. Poeltl would probably do a lot better right now.

Comment

• There are rumblings that the Grizzlies have promised Malachi Richardson they will take him here — rumblings the Grizzlies deny. That may be because another wing they have ranked highly on their board, Luwawu, could still be available.
        -ESPN, via HoopsHype (http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1060948/)

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          I'd be curious to see a do-over of the poll at the top of this thread. I think Davis was kinda the flavour of the week right when that poll was put up. Poeltl would probably do a lot better right now.
          Depends if the question is who do you think the Raptors WILL draft or who you think they SHOULD draft.

Comment

• The three players rumored to be targets for the Raptors are Poeltl, Domantas Sabonis and Skal Labissiere. – via ESPN.com
            Nice reporting ESPN. In other news, water is wet.

Comment

• Really wish we could have watched that workout featuring Skal and Jakob. Oh well, we should know how it went by the end of today.

Maybe the shooter Brennon Green with the 27? GP2?

Comment

• Respectfully disagree - we don't have any guards that are better then Jamal Murray now.

Comment

• wrooster wrote: View Post
                  Respectfully disagree - we don't have any guards that are better then Jamal Murray now.
                  one of our guards was literally All-NBA third team this year

Comment

• getting carried away now..

Comment

• He would be the best Canadian on a team though. Best Canadian in NBA probably
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Alright Draft Day. Time to lock in votes. We've all read, watched, and waffled since the playoffs ended. Time to commit.

Let's just assume the top 8 go as planned. You have weighed the players positives and warts so no need to argue.

You're on the clock - who are you picking at 9 and why? I'll start.

Ellenson

-His numbers as a freshman are on par with sophomores sabonis and poeltl
                        -He can shoot right now. I dunno why he only shot 28% from 3 this past season but his shot is pure.
                        -Stls + Blks numbers are higher per 40 than the other guys which I think is a good indicator of recognition and adjusting to plays.
                        -Versatile. He can handle, drive and pass a little bit. skals highlight reel is all jumpshots over shorter players. poeltl and sabonis mostly post moves.
                        -warts: defense could be an issue but hope this can be developed - he's still a baby.

Comment

• wrooster wrote: View Post
                          Respectfully disagree - we don't have any guards that are better then Jamal Murray now.
                          As he is a rookie, it's quite likely that ALL of our guards are better than Murray for the time being. He could surpass Delon quite quickly but who knows.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Anyone but Poetl.
                            Anyone but Ellenson!

(I dunno if he's still on the table, but you can never be too sure)

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Anyone but Ellenson!

(I dunno if he's still on the table, but you can never be too sure)
                              ellenson over everyone

ellenson/sabonis/luwawu

zhou/hernangomez/diallo

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
                                You're on the clock - who are you picking at 9 and why? I'll start.
                                If Murray drops, Murray. If not, Sabonis:

+ An elite rebounder - which we need at the 4 - and a solid passer for his position
                                + A solid defender with a quality motor
                                + There's evidence that he's got a decent jumper that he just didn't have the opportunity to employ at Gonzaga (seriously, go back and look at his NCAA tournament highlights; his shooting form is good. Not great, but good)
                                + High ball IQ
                                + Widely considered to be ready to contribute immediately
                                + He speaks Lithuanian, which means the opportunity to run surprise plays with Jonas is there (this is a minor thing, but a fun one)

Really, the big knock against Sabonis is that he's not "athletic," which mostly means "he doesn't jump high and block shots." But shot-blocking, while dramatic, is the least important part of defense. His low-end comparison is Luis Scola; getting Scola as a 9th pick would be excellent return.

Comment

Working...
                                X