Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Again I completely disagree.

Defence is easy to teach, that's why teams without much talent focus on it. It's all about positioning and effort.
    Offence is an innate thing, it's more of a natural thing than effort.

Any player can become an above average defender, you can't say that about offence.
    +1
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Not any player can become an above average defender.

Defense can be broken down into three main pillars: athletic ability, iq/instincts and effort. To be an above average defender you need two of those, and you can't teach athleticism and it's hard as hell to teach defensive IQ and instincts. The effort can be there but that's not enough. Anybody remember Jose Calderon? He tried his ass off on defense but had short arms, lacked lateral quickness and wasn't unlike someone like Boris Diaw couldn't make up for his lack of physical gifts with savvy.

So no, not any player can be above average on D.

Comment

• DD is another guy who lacks lateral quickness. He could, probably should defend better than he does,. but he still wouldn't be considered a plus defender.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if Masai drafted Ellenson at all. Kid is extremely skilled offensively for his size and is really good on the glass. Has the physical tools to be a solid defender down the road. Not worried about him shooting 30 %(made 30 3s in 33 ganes)from 3. He has got good mechanics, shot 75 from the foul line and 40% from midrange. Bradley Beal shot 33 % from 3 in his lone year at Florida from what I remember.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 12:21 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Like Brice Johnson as well. Hope he had a good workout today. One thing I question is his strentgh. I don't get how after 4 years at UNC he only weights 209 pounds
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 12:47 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Trying to control his destiny to a certain degree. He's working out for #16(come on, you know he's not going 3rd), #13(come on, you know he's not going 4th), #12 and #9.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Trying to control his destiny to a certain degree. He's working out for #16(come on, you know he's not going 3rd), #13(come on, you know he's not going 4th), #12 and #9.
                Someone sell me on Sabonis please.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Probably not an all star but he is a tough inside presence who can grab boards and score, and he apparently has pretty good range on his jumper. Combine all of that with his Lithuanian national team experiences he is a pretty good fit with JV. I could see him starting and playing ~20 minutes per game next year.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Probably not an all star but he is a tough inside presence who can grab boards and score, and he apparently has pretty good range on his jumper. Combine all of that with his Lithuanian national team experiences he is a pretty good fit with JV. I could see him starting and playing ~20 minutes per game next year.
                    A Lithuanian front court? The potential chemistry on the interior might be worth it. If Sabonis projects to be an Amir Johnson type with a bit of a jumper, I would be very tempted.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If the Raptors draft him, they will stay the most followed NBA team in Lithuania. Imagine the commercial possibilities, almost like drafting Yao Ming.

Comment

• He's probably as can't miss as they come at #9. The ceiling is lower than some other guys though. He's also more NBA ready than those guys. Depends on what they're prioritizing.

Also apparently he has range but wasn't allowed to use it in his college system. He's been showing off his three shot in workouts though.

Comment

A Lithuanian front court? The potential chemistry on the interior might be worth it. If Sabonis projects to be an Amir Johnson type with a bit of a jumper, I would be very tempted.
                          Yeah the Lithuanian combo is a huge selling point. He also has a bit of the biz mentality when it comes to his enthusiasm and toughness.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            I think its something that is determined when you are younger. At this stage, developing that mindset is difficult. You see players become better offensively, but its very rare to see players get better defensively.
                            Totally false. Almost every player becomes a better defender as they become more of a veteran. A big reason rookies get such limited minutes is because they don't know what to do and don't have all the little tricks/habits on D.

Comment

A rich-man's Tyler Hansbrough is actually a very good player.

Comment

• OK.. I got roasted.. No more comments from me today

Comment

Working...
                                X