Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
    So in the end it boils down to Masai/MLSE cutting corners to save money? That's a tough pill to swallow, but not entirely unexpected.
    it wouldn't really be all about saving money. or really at all.

cap space isn't "just" money. roster spot too. And also the number of years of control are a factor.

That said, if i'm an nba draftee I wouldn't be too happy to play in the d-league without a contract. i'd go overseas instead.

Comment

So in the end it boils down to Masai/MLSE cutting corners to save money? That's a tough pill to swallow, but not entirely unexpected.
      pascal looks like he could be a serge ibaka type player. developing that without giving up a roster spot for a veteran and saving the extra million to pursue that veteran. that is being smart not cheap.

Comment

It's not money at all, it's roster spots. There's only 15 on an NBA team.

At some point , I'm guessing this year, Daniels has to be offered a contract, especially if promises were made a couple of years ago.

Edit: And that cheap shot at the end? You can believe what you want, but you are totally wrong. MLSE has shown to be the exact opposite, with BioSteel, 905, etc.
        Last edited by 3inthekeon; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 08:16 AM.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• we getting a masai presser today?

Comment

• I guess Casey has been trolling the republic...

“There were differences in the room and that’s what you want, but the overriding consensus was this young man,” Casey said of Poeltl".

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think I was more shocked at 27. I honestly never heard of Pascal...
              that's twice now Masai has coaxed an audible "WHO?" out of me
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                that's twice now Masai has coaxed an audible "WHO?" out of me
                To be fair, Siakam was on some draft radars in the early-mid second round. He's not really completely out of nowhere like Bruno (who was on zero lists as far as I could tell). I didn't dive too deep on him because we didn't have a second rounder, but I'd heard the name at least.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I for one was familiar with Pascal from his success in college, I think his age was what caused his lack on hype as a draft pick. He is mobile and has a great motor. I think a year of professional development could see a significant increase in his skill set and his body.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Gary Payton II will be the first undrafted player to win rookie of the year.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                      Gary Payton II will be the first undrafted player to win rookie of the year.
                      gp2 going to make one gm look like a genius

Comment

• I think we drafted Poeltl because it makes it easier on the analysts. They can interchange between "JV" and "JP".

Good job Masai! Rod Black thanks you.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          gp2 going to make one gm look like a genius
                          His competition for starting PG is Beverly and Terry? Has an undrafted rookie ever been a day 1 starter?

Comment

• Houston actually signed three un drafted players I think
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              I have to say, i really feel for Skal. Not only did he slip, but hes going to such a bad organization, that i doubt he comes close to his potential now.
                              He will struggle through his first contract, sac won't resign him, Masai will sign him on the cheap and he will blow up.

Comment

• Was anything more hilarious last night then Sacramento trading down and reach for a 7'2" Centre at 13? They already have DMC and WCS.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X