Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Most games the intensity is like beer league low. It might as well be pickup at the YMCA. Most games make the intensity in a preseason game look like the NBA finals. Most guys lack the drive/motor to succeed or the sheer physical tools to keep up with the game. Summer league rosters are after all primarily made up of fringe- and non-NBAers.

"Playing for your livelihood" is an empty statement. Most of these guys are too physically or mentally limited to overcome those limitations. Mostly it helps them stay on the radar for the d league or overseas leagues, where they have no problem taking NBA washouts, has-beens and never-will-bes. Yeah their livelihood is affected, but it in no way means they're physically or mentally able to compete at an NBA level.

People's livelihoods can depend on how well they do in school, doesn't stop a big chunk of people showing up inadequately prepared, focused, rested, etc. for things like exams and presentations.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Disagree, the intensity is there. Its just the players aren't that good compared to real NBA players.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Disagree, the intensity is there. Its just the players aren't that good compared to real NBA players.
      Really so you think every player out there is matching the intensity that Powell(and Siakam) brings? That would be pretty ridiculous since Powell plays at an extremely high intensity level most of the time, even noticeably higher than a lot of actual NBA players. Siakam plays with an "all-out" style as well. No, most guys in summer league don't come close to matching that level, and it's not just because many guys aren't as good as real NBA players.

Comment

Really so you think every player out there is matching the intensity that Powell(and Siakam) brings? That would be pretty ridiculous since Powell plays at an extremely high intensity level most of the time, even noticeably higher than a lot of actual NBA players. Siakam plays with an "all-out" style as well. No, most guys in summer league don't come close to matching that level, and it's not just because many guys aren't as good as real NBA players.

I didn't say that. All I'm saying if my job was on the line I wouldn't let something like lack of effort cost me it. Maybe I'm not as good as the next guy but, I'm going to give it my all.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Powell is more intense than the sun, even in a beer league game. Powell intensity stems from his attitude, that's a pseudo skill. Doesn't mean the other guys aren't trying. Unless we are talking Ross.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Powell is more intense than the sun, even in a beer league game. Powell intensity stems from his attitude, that's a pseudo skill. Doesn't mean the other guys aren't trying. Unless we are talking Ross.
            So it's a "pseudo-skill" evenly distributed among all players in the summer league where there are only few outliers on either side of an otherwise completely homogenous distribution. Got it.

Comment

So it's a "pseudo-skill" evenly distributed among all players in the summer league where there are only few outliers on either side of an otherwise completely homogenous distribution. Got it.

I'm glad you got it cuz Im not really sure why you are masterbating to yourself about homogeneity.

Comment

I'm glad you got it cuz Im not really sure why you are masterbating to yourself about homogeneity.
                Masturbation references always enrich a discussion. Classy.

Comment

• Monologue isn't a conversation.
                  It's a internet forum on basketball, not a debutante ball, princess.

Comment

Monologue isn't a conversation.
                    It's a internet forum on basketball, not a debutante ball, princess.
                    What the actual fuck are you talking about? And don't fucking call me princess you piece of shit.

You and Christian are "arguing" against my point that summer league is far less intense than even preseason. You haven't made any real points other than an empty statement from Christian that "guys are playing for their livelihood" and you basically saying only exceptions have high or low intensity levels, which is obviously complete nonsense.

Though I guess I should avoid arguing with people with the brainpower of a walnut.

Comment

What the actual fuck are you talking about? And don't fucking call me princess you piece of shit.

You and Christian are "arguing" against my point that summer league is far less intense than even preseason. You haven't made any real points other than an empty statement from Christian that "guys are playing for their livelihood" and you basically saying only exceptions have high or low intensity levels, which is obviously complete nonsense.

Though I guess I should avoid arguing with people with the brainpower of a walnut.

Lol. You should just avoid arguing in general until you get some anger management therapy princess. It's just a basketball forum
                      Get a life.
                      Fine, guys in summer league don't try. Whatever. My sanity does hinge on this point.

Comment

Lol. You should just avoid arguing in general until you get some anger management therapy princess. It's just a basketball forum
                        Get a life.
                        Fine, guys in summer league don't try. Whatever. My sanity does hinge on this point.
                        Basketball forum yet all you want to talk about is masturbation and princesses. Which one of us needs to get themselves checked?

Anyway, when you learn to discuss ball and not your pedo helpline topics, maybe I'll pay any attention to what you have to say.

Comment

Basketball forum yet all you want to talk about is masturbation and princesses. Which one of us needs to get themselves checked?

Anyway, when you learn to discuss ball and not your pedo helpline topics, maybe I'll pay any attention to what you have to say.

Well THAT escalated quickly.

Comment

Lol what point did you make other than "its summer league nobody give effort"?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Lol what point did you make other than "its summer league nobody give effort"?
                              I actually made a point of discussing how it doesn't matter the reason for the limitations, be it physical or mental, the point stands that it's not as intense and no one has made anything close to a credible argument as to how that's not the case.

Comment

I actually made a point of discussing how it doesn't matter the reason for the limitations, be it physical or mental, the point stands that it's not as intense and no one has made anything close to a credible argument as to how that's not the case.

You said that no one else gives effort and now your saying it's not as intense.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X