Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    There's two Murray's in this draft slated for the lotto.
    There aren't two Jamal Murrays tho.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      There's two Murray's in this draft slated for the lotto.

Strategy. It doesn't mean something is wrong.

It doesn't sound like he's coming this year.
      Yes, but he wrote Jamal, not dejounte and 6 is really high if he meant the latter.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        It's time for my mock.

1. Philly- Colangelo's a guy we all know well, but he starts to think of the team. The team is loaded in the frontcourt, and has another 3/4 coming over shortly in Saric. However, he decides to take Ingram.

2. LA Lakers- New coach, young talent & Kobe is gone. Who better to bring in than Ben Simmons to be that next star?

3. Boston- Boston takes a look at the PG/SG players in the draft. In the end, they break it down & choose Jamaal Murray. A combo guard who can shoot the 3 well and fits the team better than Dunn or Hield.

4. PHX- Both there PF's are UFA's. Lack depth at the 1 & 2. The star of the team is Devin Booker though. and he's a SG. So.... it comes down to Dunn & Bender. In the end, they take Dunn to run the point and hope to get either Mirza or Leuer back.

5. Minny- Buddy finally gets taken and finds a home in Minny. Lavine moves to PG full-time.

6. NOLA- I think they go with Bender here if he's still available.

7. Denver- Raps fans weep as Chriss goes to Mile High.

8 Excremento- Dejonte Murray just feels like a Kings pick.

9. RAPTORS- This is the pick we've all wondered about. Skal's here. Brown's here. Ellenson too. However, Masai never reveals his full hand. He has a few tricks up his sleeve & knows he could lose out on DeRozan. So, he takes his replacement: Denzel Valentine. This makes Ross expendable & more than likely he's gone for a 3/4 with the 27th pick.

10. Bucks- Brown stops slipping and is finally chosen.

That's my top 10, guys.
        You would have to switch Phoenix and New Orleans. New Orleans doesn't need bender they have Davis, but Phoenix does. New Orleans needs a guard and if hield isn't there, they will take Dunn or Murray.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Dunn seems to be making a lot of demands for someone who hasn't even played in the NBA yet.
          It happens every year, don't get why people are surprised. At least Dunn is simply trying to land somewhere he could get some PT as opposed to some drafts where guys simply don't like the teams. Heck, pretty sure Steph Curry refused to work out for teams, including GS in hopes of landing in New York.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-hDlD6TKo

draft this kid
            jayleen brown next joe johnson

Comment

• If brown slips to 9 that's a great trade chip. Brown and Ross for Gallo?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                If brown slips to 9 that's a great trade chip. Brown and Ross for Gallo?
                Brown and Ross is way better than Gallo. Brown can play the 4.

Comment

Then what happens during the season when Gallo goes down with his yearly injuries?
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• We should trade up to get this kid I never miss on a pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        We should trade up to get this kid I never miss on a pick

What diamonds in the rough have you predicted?

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          It does make some sense.

I don't think Masai will draft him, I think Masai is attracted to... guys with bigger physical gifts. I was just thinking about 'WTF picks', picks that make sense but would surprise everyone.

But yep, Valentine is probably as safe a pick as there is in this draft, unless his knees are bad, my only concern.
                          Speaking of Denzel's knees, Basketball Insiders just reported the following:

"Word is Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine may have a fairly significant knee issue, so much so that one team sort of compared him to former Indiana Pacers All-Star Danny Granger, who came into the league with a degenerative knee condition and struggled every year to play 82 games. League sources said it’s still likely he will get drafted in the first round, but his stock looks to be a tough one to lock in with so many teams believing his knee will be a problem."

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...n-his-way-out/

This seems to support why Draft Express has moved him to 23 in the mock. Can't imagine it happens, but Valentine at 27 would be beautiful. Wouldn't require him for heavy minutes, but his shooting/passing/IQ would be great additions.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            Speaking of Denzel's knees, Basketball Insiders just reported the following:

"Word is Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine may have a fairly significant knee issue, so much so that one team sort of compared him to former Indiana Pacers All-Star Danny Granger, who came into the league with a degenerative knee condition and struggled every year to play 82 games. League sources said it’s still likely he will get drafted in the first round, but his stock looks to be a tough one to lock in with so many teams believing his knee will be a problem."

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...n-his-way-out/

This seems to support why Draft Express has moved him to 23 in the mock. Can't imagine it happens, but Valentine at 27 would be beautiful. Wouldn't require him for heavy minutes, but his shooting/passing/IQ would be great additions.
                            Valentine at 27 is soooo much better than him at 9.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              What diamonds in the rough have you predicted?
                              Klay Thompson, Kenith fariad, Kyle Anderson

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...sing-prospects

Pick Player Team
                                1 Ben Simmons (LSU) 76ers
                                2 Brandon Ingram (Duke) Lakers
                                3 Buddy Hield (Oklahoma) Celtics
                                4 Dragan Bender (International) Suns
                                5 Kris Dunn (Providence) Timberwolves
                                6 Jamal Murray (Kentucky) Pelicans
                                7 Skal Labissiere (Kentucky) Nuggets
                                8 Wade Baldwin IV (Vanderbilt) Kings
                                9 Marquese Chriss (Washington) Raptors
                                10 Jaylen Brown (Cal) Bucks

Comment